Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Dec. 1 in Australia - Congratulations, AVA on 2 years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Dec. 1 in Australia - Congratulations, AVA on 2 years!

Who stops drinking on December 1??? Someone who decides that her life is worth more than any celebration or holiday party. Who wants to be present for her children and herself. Who wants to prove to herself and others that she means it and that nothing can stop her. Who faces the most temptation at the beginning and gains strength from her success. Available stopped drinking 2 years ago and has been on MWO each and every day since then, helping others while she helps herself.

You're one of my sobriety touchstones, Ava. I admire you and I'm so happy to know you and have you in my life. Much love, NS

:two:

Available, it's hard to express the gratitude and admiration I have for you. If it's true that we reap what we sow, then you are in for a bountiful harvest. Thank you for all you do here on MWO. I always see your welcoming posts to scared newbies when they land during the night. You are one of the most amazing people I've ever know.....yet we've never met.

Well done on this tremendous milestone. We are massively proud of you. Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Available,

You set such a fine example of someone who realized that their life and family were more important than alcohol. Your dedication shows that folks can be successfull in this endeavor and not fall into the constant relapse cycle. I hope to follow in your footsteps and hope you realize the importance of people like you who give hope to others that it can be done.

"Mark out a straight, smooth path for your feet so that those who follow you...will not fall and hurt themselves but become strong."
      Hebrews 12:13
      Congratulations!

~Addy
      "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Congrats, Ava! Two years is twice as good as one, and it just keeps getting better.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Big hug from across the Tasman. Sober Aussies rock!
          Congrats on your 2 years.

Comment

Congratulations Ava! Its been a gift to have you as a friend and role model!

AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Ava, couldn't be happier for you! You are an inspiration, showing us how it's done!
              Straight talking and kind-hearted, all wrapped up in one. Thank you for being there for me and so many others here. If we could have our sober friends here living close-by I'd pick you! Well done my friend. Give yourself a big pat on the back. X
              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Congratulations on two years! You've shown us how it can be done by reading and posting like a lunatic, showing up to support others, and just not drinking. Thank you for all your meaningful posts. You've been through a lot in the last two years and did it all sober. You inspire and give me hope. :hug:
                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Well done! Big congrats. Very inspirational.
                  AF January 7, 2018

Comment

I salute you, Ava, for your two year milestone, and for all the straight talk and solid support you offer up on here! :welldone:

Comment

Congrats Ava....from across the ditch in NZ!

Comment

Amazing. Congratulations Available!!!

Comment

Well done Ava:welldone:

Congratulations!

Comment

I'm so happy for you, Ava! and so proud of you! You have been such a good friend, such an amazing source of support for me and for so many others here.. big, fat hugs and love to you today on your 2 year! anniversary.. you rock, lady!:hug:

Comment

Good onya Ava!

Congratulations to a raawkin rock star woman. :two:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                              X