No announcement yet.

The Three Principles Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great addition to the toolbox, I think, NS.

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
      Great addition to the toolbox, I think, NS.
      Agreed.

It is a concept I have known of and utilised myself but many would benefit from reading this.

Comment

NS, that was great. Thanks
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

I love this, it's pretty much what I learned in rehab. Need a reminder every so often, though, so thanks for sharing.

Comment

This perspective on addiction is so liberating: The Illusion of Addiction with Sally Wyse 5/25 by Ice Cream 4 the Soul | Spirituality Podcasts. As soon as we think we are fine, we are. All the best, NS

Comment

Wonderfull thinking....NS...... this animation is very hokey but ..describes the concept perfectly
              it really is liberating

YouTube

so simple its unbelievable

YouTube
              Last edited by behan; June 4, 2016, 08:01 PM.

Comment

I really liked the animation, Behan - thank you.

Comment

hey ns i'm not one for infomercial type stuff ..but this is the real thing.
                  its amazing life changing stuff.
                  thank you and kuya so much for presenting it here.
                  it really needs to be outed
                  best to you

Comment

I wish I knew how to share it more widely, Behan. It has been life-changing for me - and could lead to so much positive change in the world on all levels. I really admire the people who are teaching it in prisons, schools, slums, mental health facilities, etc. They are truly changing lives for the better.

Comment

Yes i sense your need .....me too!. It is something so simple you want to scream it out loud.. from the roof tops.
                      But i fear its shear simplicity is it own worst enemy. It cant be that simple can it? like all things so clear you really have to feel it on a emotional level before the spark ignites . sorry thats probably not a apt description of its recognition ..however you need to really feel its deep logic before your eyes are open. It really is what they call enlightenment i think. it eventually hits you as if you have been hit by a large solid object lol. I agree it really can change lives for the better . Its really changed me.
                      Last edited by behan; June 4, 2016, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by behan View Post
                        Yes i sense your need .....me too!. It is something so simple you want to scream it out loud.. from the roof tops.
                        But i fear its shear simplicity is it own worst enemy. It cant be that simple can it? like all things so clear you really have to feel it on a emotional level before the spark ignites . sorry thats probably not a apt description of its recognition ..however you need to really feel its deep logic before your eyes are open. It really is what they call enlightenment i think. it eventually hits you as if you have been hit by a large solid object lol. I agree it really can change lives for the better . Its really changed me.
                        :congratulatory: Sure it has old darling.

Bonjour Mesdames et Messieurs.
                        If a turkey like behan can understand this.......... We have similar discussions on the French forum. Merci!
                        Gros bisous à vous aussi!

edited. Merci No sugar.
                        Last edited by Oscar Oshannassey; June 5, 2016, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kuya
                          I would love to have an online 3Ps group for drunks/addicts. A place we could share chats, downloads and websites would be so cool.
                          That could be such a great forum. I've looked at various 3P websites but haven't found anything like that. I also don't have the web skills that would be needed. I wonder if people would stay involved - once they understood how it worked, they would no longer struggle with addiction! It's like that arrow in the FedEx logo - once you've seen it, that's that, no matter how many others can't see it and insist it isn't there.

Oscar, your words might hurt someone who hasn't realized how all this works but I doubt they will bother anyone who has. xx

Comment

This is a panel discussion by 4 addiction counsellors who see addiction of all sorts not as a disease per se but as the bad result of an innocent attempt to fix the dis-ease (fear, insecurity, guilt, resentment, loneliness, etc.) a person is experiencing: Addiction - Joe Bailey, Jonathan Pounder, Bill Pettit, & Debbie Trent | 3PGC Photos & Videos. We all want to "feel better" and it is natural to continue to do what seems to work. When it is something like an addiction to work or physical exercise that makes a person feel better and the outcome looks positive, there's often praise rather than judgement. But when it's to alcohol, drugs, or food and the consequences are generally bad, it is considered a problem. When giving up one addiction but gaining another happens, it isn't because the person has an addictive personality, but because a new way to feel better was identified. It is interesting to consider addiction not as a disease but as a misdirected and ultimately damaging attempt to move towards our natural state of well-being and contentment.

Comment

I love what 20/20 wrote in her thread:
                              It's such a strange mind shift for me. I have spent years "feeling sorry for myself" that I am "that person" that shouldn't drink. When I read Byrdladys post ... a change snapped in my head. My thinking changed on a dime. I am going to re-read her post every day so that my excitement doesn't fade.
                              We really are one thought away from our innate health and well-being.

Comment

This is interesting regarding thought .
                                Sympathetic nervous system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                                Baclofen seems to relate to this

Comment

Working...
                                X