The Three Principles Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kuya View Post
    I was talking with my son tonight and he was saying how he and his wife are 'reading' Jamie Smart "Clarity" using an audio reader.

I had suggested this to him as he was never a big reader and she is from Colombia and whilst her spoken English is good reading is harder. They listen to a chapter a couple of times to let it sink in.

He had been very cynical about the whole thing at first and hadn't even looked at links I sent, it was only after seeing my changes that he decided to, at least, look at "Clarity".

As we were chatting we were both aware of the changes that had already taken place in him, he is a worrier and very sensitive but is finding it easier to let things be.

We were also sharing that different things work better with different people. I have a visual imagination so prefer analogies and stories.

I came across these today that may help people visualise the concepts better

Three Principles by Sydney Banks - Animated by CoachCafe.no - YouTube

Three Principles by Sydney Banks - Animated by CoachCafe.no - YouTube
    Hi Kuya,

Now this is really helpful, thanks!:congratulatory::hug:
    “It always seems impossible until it's done”
    ― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela

AF 1 July 2015

Comment

I have been reading and watching the videos and like others have felt different. I find myself saying 'its just a thought' and imagining them as clouds drifting away.
      Today I knew I wanted and needed time to myself to read here. My daughters took the kids downtown for lunch. My mum rang and asked if I was going downtown. She knows I was alone. I know she just wanted company. I have been trying to get some time alone for a few days now. Took mum out on Friday. Went to her house yesterday to help put her tree together.
      Anyway I didn't go and feel so guilty. Trying to see it as a thought but it is sitting with me. Maybe I am just that selfish? Are my thoughts making me guilty or selfish? Mmmmmmmm
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post

This idea is freeing. I can "cook" whatever I want, whenever I want, and enjoy it, but I don't have to and skipping for a period of time or doing something different doesn't undo whatever progress I thought I'd made.

I'm buried in work and tasks today and don't think I'll be cooking any "treats" but for once, I'm ok with that. And don't feel sort of sick about all I have to do.
        Exactly! I no longer feel overwhelmed by all the "right" things I "should" be doing. I no longer feel that there is a right or wrong path. What was the cause of "stress" in my life is now, simply, fun.

Life is an enormous buffet of choices that used to make me panic because I thought I "had" to eat them all. Now I can eat what I want and stop when I am full.

Originally posted by sunbird2 View Post
        Hi Kuya,

Now this is really helpful, thanks!:congratulatory::hug:
        So glad that helped

Originally posted by daisy45 View Post
        I have been reading and watching the videos and like others have felt different. I find myself saying 'its just a thought' and imagining them as clouds drifting away.

Anyway I didn't go and feel so guilty. Maybe I am just that selfish? Are my thoughts making me guilty or selfish? Mmmmmmmm
        These harsh judgements on yourself are a habit for you, aren't they? You sound like a kind and caring daughter to me...just saying.

Carry on reading and absorbing...it just gets better and better.

Comment

Life opens up when you open up to life.

This morning I was sharing 3Ps with a client and she asked if I would be speaker at a discussion group if she set it up... I said yes.

An hour later the client I had guided towards 3P for her anorexic daughter phoned and invited me to go see Oprah with her next week!

Oprah fascinates me. She is also the ONLY celebratory that Sydney Banks (founder of 3P work) approached with this new understanding. I would love to meet her... who knows, life is stranger than fiction.

Sydney Banks writes to Oprah....

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Thank you Kuya; I am a 'yes' person but I understand that I need some self-care.
            And wow....go you! I would love to meet Oprah. I really hope you do. Is it a televised show?
            So excited for you! Can't even think of 3Ps after that great news!

Comment

EVERYTIME I watch a you tube programme about the 3ps I chill out and feel genuinely happy. This is what I need to carry me through my day.

Comment

My mornings viewing. Worth a watch

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                  My mornings viewing. Worth a watch

https://youtu.be/oadQgXvQMd0
                  Thanks Starty.... That was a great discussion. I love the calm sanity of it all....

Comment

Starty, thanks for that link. Just listened.....I found that to be the clearest explanation so far.
                    Really opens your eyes; for me, the shyness issue....who would have thought.......

Comment

Today I knew I wanted and needed time to myself to read here. My daughters took the kids downtown for lunch. My mum rang and asked if I was going downtown. She knows I was alone. I know she just wanted company. I have been trying to get some time alone for a few days now. Took mum out on Friday. Went to her house yesterday to help put her tree together.
                      Anyway I didn't go and feel so guilty. Trying to see it as a thought but it is sitting with me. Maybe I am just that selfish? Are my thoughts making me guilty or selfish? Mmmmmmmm
                      Daisy, I dont know if its an Irish, western, female or human thing, but why do we think like this? We tie ourselves in knots feeling guilty that we have made someone feel bad, I am an expert! Your mother probably hung up and thought, sure isnt that grand, I'll move on to my next job, person or whatever.
                      Its all in our Heads - thats what I'm understanding from the 3Ps.
                      30 days off the grog, DO NOT feel guilty about your ME time.

Thanks Starty, looking forward to that link later (when I get some uninterrupted ME time!)
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

How exciting to go to an Oprah Winfrey show, Kuya! She is the epitome of someone who appears to have it all, has tried every way imaginable to make herself feel better and reach a higher state of consciousness, but who continues to struggle with her self-image. That seems hard to believe given all that she has and has attained - maybe she's the poster-woman for why we need to understand that nothing external can give us what we think we want. I don't think the 3Ps would have fit nicely into her former 60 minute shows but her ongoing conversations on her new network (e.g. like those with Brene' Brown) would really lend themselves to a discussion of the 3Ps. I'm not usually too big on Oprah (I think because I get overwhelmed by all the different activities and products she recommends to give you 'your best life possible' - I've known for a long time at some level that that just does not work), but I would tune in for some 3Ps discussion!

Have fun and let us know how the show goes!

Also, if you were going to buy one book for friends as a Christmas present to introduce them to the 3Ps, would it be Smart's Clarity? If not, what would you suggest as a gift? I'm a little concerned that Clarity might be more appropriate for someone who already has an interest in the topic.

Thanks!

Comment

IamMary....I think you are right. My daughter visited mum and I asked if mum was mad at me......not even bothered! It would be such a relief not to carry so mych guilt.
                          Kuya, I would also like to know what the best starter book would be.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                            How exciting to go to an Oprah Winfrey show, Kuya! She is the epitome of someone who appears to have it all, has tried every way imaginable to make herself feel better and reach a higher state of consciousness, but who continues to struggle with her self-image. That seems hard to believe given all that she has and has attained - maybe she's the poster-woman for why we need to understand that nothing external can give us what we think we want. I don't think the 3Ps would have fit nicely into her former 60 minute shows but her ongoing conversations on her new network (e.g. like those with Brene' Brown) would really lend themselves to a discussion of the 3Ps. I'm not usually too big on Oprah (I think because I get overwhelmed by all the different activities and products she recommends to give you 'your best life possible' - I've known for a long time at some level that that just does not work), but I would tune in for some 3Ps discussion!

Have fun and let us know how the show goes!

Also, if you were going to buy one book for friends as a Christmas present to introduce them to the 3Ps, would it be Smart's Clarity? If not, what would you suggest as a gift? I'm a little concerned that Clarity might be more appropriate for someone who already has an interest in the topic.

Thanks!
                            As I said NS, I find Oprah fascinating and for exactly the same reasons as you, but wouldnt pay to see her.... for exactly your reasons too.

I would love to meet her to discuss experiences as black women... we are from the same generation but different sides of the atlantic.

As to the book I would go for "Somebody should have told us" Jack Pransky. It is short and an easy read. "The inside out revolution" has had a lot of commercial success but I am not sure if that is because Neill was already a top seller in the field.

It is hard reading anything with a novice mind anymore.

I think a recommendation from someone who has been following the thread might be just as useful.

Comment

Starty, thanks for that link. Just listened.....I found that to be the clearest explanation so far.
                              Really opens your eyes; for me, the shyness issue....who would have thought.......
                              Isn't it amazing?!?!

We have been making ourselves up all our lives then selling it back to other people (and ourselves) as 'truth'.

And that is fine if the 'self' is positive but a lot of people with addictions have been been doing a grand job of selling themselves as damaged goods.

We made the WHOLE thing up! Sheez

Comment

IamMary....I think you are right. My daughter visited mum and I asked if mum was mad at me......not even bothered! It would be such a relief not to carry so mych guilt.
                                Kuya, I would also like to know what the best starter book would be.

As I said to NS.... "somebody should have told us" Jack Pransky would be my overall pick, I think

Comment

Working...
                                X