No announcement yet.

Army countdown to shaggin Christmas 7/12/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I holidayed in Ireland once also, with my Irish boyfriend. An absolutely beautiful country.

morning army....countdown to shagging Xmas indeed! I HATE shopping and even more now living in New Zealand cos it is the middle of summer and boiling hot Grrrrr

Comment

Evening, maybe you should tell him your highly contagious disease and for his own sake he should stand at least ten feet away from you at all times.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Oh my goodness me, this year is the first time in 6 years I haven't been over. Mind you 2 lovely Oirish bints came and cheered up Northumberland for a couple of days and managed to brighten up a dull November day not just for me but a complete stranger on the Metro.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

She was lovely.

You're getting young Jenny next March for a weekend with a load of cackling women.

Oh the blooming machine ate my debit card today....
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Wasn't for the lack of money for a change

Think the machine was fecked. Rang the bank and getting a new one later this week.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
              Wasn't for the lack of money for a change

Think the machine was fecked. Rang the bank and getting a new one later this week.
              Hiya Jax and Molly and all to pop in,

I have just replaced all ny cards after my disaster last Wednesday...someone put their hand into my bag and removed my wallet in the supermarket..so I cancelled them all on the spot! Place crawls with opportunists this time of year!

Molly whats a VRC?
              “It always seems impossible until it's done”
              ― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela

AF 1 July 2015

Comment

The 40th birthday party was awesome after things settled down.

We had the curtains and tablecloth on fire. The gel warmers under the bain maries exploded....fire everywhere, and blobs of red gel over everything. Little Erin was nearby, so I just grabbed her and ran with her to a tepid bath...fortunately, no lasting burns after playing around in the water for half an hour.

Ed put the fire out, and after opening all the doors and windows to clear the smoke, and a clean up job of all the goo, the party resumed with gay abandon. Pics to follow as soon as I can get them onto the computer from the camera...I need help to do this!!!

But here is one of the carrot cake i made and iced...looking at it now, it seems a little bridal...oh well...ho hum!
                IMG-20151207-WA0026.jpg

AF 1 July 2015

Comment

Its beautiful Sunny.
                  Poor wee Erin and Granny to the rescue
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening army blustery night here but mild.

Comment

Hi there,

Please help yourself to some of our heat...howabout we do a swap, Glitzy?? Pleeeease?

AF 1 July 2015

Comment

That's very kind Sunny but had the oven on the last 2 hours.
                        Better go and dish up.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by sunbird2 View Post
                          The 40th birthday party was awesome after things settled down.

We had the curtains and tablecloth on fire. The gel warmers under the bain maries exploded....fire everywhere, and blobs of red gel over everything. Little Erin was nearby, so I just grabbed her and ran with her to a tepid bath...fortunately, no lasting burns after playing around in the water for half an hour.

Ed put the fire out, and after opening all the doors and windows to clear the smoke, and a clean up job of all the goo, the party resumed with gay abandon. Pics to follow as soon as I can get them onto the computer from the camera...I need help to do this!!!

But here is one of the carrot cake i made and iced...looking at it now, it seems a little bridal...oh well...ho hum!
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]2009[/ATTACH]
                          OH MY GOD Sunny, both on the fire and the cake, but feck, on the fire mostly! that must have been scary? How did it start?
                          The cake survived as did the night by the sounds of it.
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Hello Mary,

We put the warning gel in aluminium containers...these wer to keep the water baths for the food warm. Well...they just kinda blew up. It was a very violent expolosion, and could have had dire results had the fire not been put out immediately. It spread so quickly from the table to the curtains...quite amazing. But this all happened in microseconds...Christines' hubby Ed has such a cool head...he grabbed the fire extinguisher from the kitchen(its open plan to thelounge and diningroom) .....I swept Erin into my arms and ran with her to the bathroom and cool bath. Fortunately most of the guests were outside on the new patio and in the garden around the pool.

Anyway, those guests that got splashed with the gel were far enough away not to have been burned...thank God. And likewise, Erin was ok after a half hour cool bath-I asked someone to bring me some frozen peas, and misunderstanding, they brought loose frozen peas....Erin had a whale of a time fishing them out of the bath and eating them! :harhar:

AF 1 July 2015

Comment

Oh, and the cake was not yet on the table!!!

AF 1 July 2015

Comment

Good Grief! look at the time!

IMG-20150922-WA0028.jpg

AF 1 July 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X