Cymru says hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cymru says hello

A very good morning, afternoon and good evening to all the mwo'ters around the world.
    It has been a long time since I have been on mwo, and after talking to an old mwo friend this morning I thought I would come back to the fold and say hello.
    My life over the last few years has been a mixture of ups and downs, which has ended with me being in treatment at the moment in South Africa for my addictions.
    Treatment has been hard, as the first 5 weeks were in primary care which was very intense. I am now in tertiary which gives me freedom to go out and am having special one on one counselling every week.
    I could go into more detail, but I just wanted to say hello and start to reconnect while I'm here, to have the support when I'm home.

Hi Getthin. Great work on getting help for your addictions. Giving up any addiction is the pits in the beginning but as time goes by things start to even out. For me i never want to be in the hell i was in and thankfully MWO has helped me 110% in being accountable and staying sober. One can never get too much support. Keep up the great work and I really hope to see you maybe in the Newbies Nes when you get home. Be proud of yourself, I know i am now
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

welcome back gethinboy. well done for getting the hard work done.

Comment

I think you are a chef, do I remember that correctly?
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Welcome home gethinboy! Since you've been here before, you know Byrdie's drill, read, post, read! Every single day! We'll all be here to help and support however we can! Good luck!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

hanks everyone. Will try and get on as much as I can between sessions. I wasn't a chef, but worked in catering for yrs, and I used to make cakes for people's bd's here and post photos on the army thread sunbeam
            Just had a session with my counsellor. I came here an alcoholic, and have so much more now in my basket!!

Comment

G'day mate. Welcome back.

Hope things are going well for you there. Have a gr8 week. Take care, G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Wonderful to have you back here!
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi gethinboy and welcome back. Wishing you a successful journey back to sobriety ... keep posting!

Comment

Well, welcome back, congrats and continued success
                    Glad to be back with my second family :sohappy:
                    Last dance with the devil 5/02/11

Comment

Glad to see you back, gethinboy! We're here for you. sending strength your way.

Comment

Hey Geth!! Good to hear from you. As you can see I am back too and very grateful for all the support. Looking forward to seeing more of you

Comment

Welcome back Cymru.
                          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Just want to welcome you back and wish success on your treatment programe. Come and post on the army thread again when you can.

Comment

Welcome back! I remember you. I'm back too. It feels like coming home a bit doesn't it? Lots of support and old friends. Take care of yourself, Choice
                              AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Working...
                              X