Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from rehab!

Hey everyone,

I promised y'all I'd report back after my stint in rehab, so here's the Reader's Digest version.

I stayed a little over 7 weeks (they want you to stay for 8 weeks but many people leave after 6). It was an amazing experience. Truly. I feel like a different person. My mom and sister say I sound like I did many years ago. When I got there, I was anxious, heartbroken and an emotional mess. My husband had filed for divorce and I was devastated. When I left, I felt strong, confident and centered. My husband is still going ahead with the divorce and I'm still very upset about it, but I know I can handle whatever happens.

This particular rehab employed the "3 Principles" approach, which is hard to explain (google it if you're curious), but basically we learned how to change our thought patterns. It was a holistic, empowering approach.

I met many wonderful people, both staff, counselors and "guests" and returned richer for the experience. I now have a bunch of new friends I can call on should I be tempted or just need to vent. I haven't had a drink in almost 2 months or even craved one -- at least yet. My life is so much better without alcohol! I once worried that I'd never be able to make that statement or even understand how it could be possible to enjoy life without my crutch. But it's true. As a bonus, I lost 2 pant sizes, despite the incredible food and the constant availability of it.

It has been a bit of an adjustment to come back to reality. Rehab was a very safe place and I felt comfortable there. I'm very glad to be with my kids, though.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer. When I was looking for info on "life in rehab" it was really hard to find. I'm thinking about writing something about my experience, just not sure what yet.

Thanks for reading!

Oh My .... How VERY serendipitous!

Welcome back H4B!

I have only recently started posting again and on my solo travels I encountered the three principles.

We have a thread about it in General started only a few days ago.

PLEASE, PLEASE join us and share your experiences.

I am smiling ear to ear right now to have someone like you to share real feedback on the effects of 3Ps teaching on your recovery.

I am planning to train as a facilitator soon... I want to work with young offenders, I think

Comment

Hi kuya, I saw your thread after I posted here. I think the rehab I went to is the only place in the country that utilizes the 3 P's.

Comment

I know of a few... where was yours if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Gulf Breeze, Florida. Near Pensacola Beach.

Comment

The 3Ps community is still quite small and close knit. Everyone I have met and dealt with have been so centred and calm.

Have you read about their work with communities and prisons?

3Ps affects everything in our world--- I have been blown away.

Anyway I am sure you need space to equilibriate so will just say welcome back again... come here and post often .... it truly helps

Comment

Welcome back H4B! Congrats on the rehab and your AF time. You raawk! G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

You just made me smile and I will be looking into the 3 p's.
                Congratulations and thanks for sharing the hope!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                X