No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:05am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Morning all,you know the strange thing Jude is I've called around, checked indeed,Craigslist and just stopping in yet NONE of the salons are hiring! I was shocked, also Kell has had an ad up to replace me on the day I don't work and she's only gotten 2 hits,not sure what's going on in the hair industry here,maybe people just got used to cutting their own during lockdown or have a friend do it who knows,Ginger thats sad about your bil I really wish they'd find a way to eradicate cancer,in the end it might have been some surprising, small treatment that shocks the medical community and all of us like eating pumpkin seeds or benadryl something nobody expected I don't know bit I wish they'd find it-fast.Waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We’re having the bedroom windows measured for new coverings this afternoon. Based on estimates from a visit to their store, the cost is more than I was expecting but this will be a huge help in making the condo ours.

Ginger, another amazing pic from your part of the world. Thanks for posting, look forward to seeing more.

Speaking of photos and photographers, has anyone heard from Mr V? Hope he’s doing well.

One of the challenges I’m finding living in such close quarters is that there’s no alone time. In our former home, Jessie and I could escape downstairs. Guess I’ll keep up the morning walk routine. Any suggestions, Cafe friends?

Pauly, hope your work situation improves. Too much time is spent at work for it to be an unhappy experience. People are so stressed right now, likely thanks to Covid, that they take out their frustrations on others. I was grocery shopping the other day and a lady ahead of me was berating a check out clerk who asked if she wanted to make a $2 donation to charity. She demanded to know where the money was going and when the young fellow didn’t know she literally shouted at him that he shouldn’t be soliciting money unless he knew the beneficiary. This, over $2.

Have a great af Thursday everyone. Watch out for jackasses!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Lots of news around the Cafe this morning. Love it!

You're right about the salon industry, Pauly. My sister's salon has had two unrented chairs since covid. The two people that left decided to do hair from home or travel to people. She has posted numerous times and can't find renters. Another side affect of covid.

ABC, thanks for catching us up! Keep those pics coming. I depend on all your hard work!

QW, I think you'll adjust to the closeness. It will just take a bit. We both spend a lot of time outside and that helps. Now that the weather is cooperating, maybe you can get outside more.

Planning a field trip today to Cabella's and takeout lunch with grandson. We are looking for better binoculars. He's excited to get a little break from Casa Academy and I am too!

I'll take 24 more!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and window treatment lovers. Gorgeous day here. Another two four for me. Have a great one. Blessings x
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Late check in for me. Well my dog failed his interview. They are giving him another chance on Saturday. Not sure how it’s going to work out. If he fails the second time I will have to find another place. Oh well. He is old and set in his ways and didnt want to play nice with the other little dogs. QW we have two small decks on our condo sometimes we sit together and sometimes apart. Walking is a good way to spend some time apart or together! Hope everyone is having a good day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Hello all, late check in here, too. Rava, sorry your dog "failed" but I've had many a dog that wanted nothing to do with other dogs.... I'm old enough to remember a time when kennels kenneled your dog and you paid them. No interviews! LOL

24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:07am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] sorry that your dog failed the "interview." Does it matter if the dog doesn't play well with others if they're kenneled separately anyway??

It's going to be a beautiful day here so why ruin it with booze? 24 for me please...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I have no idea why my dog needs an interview to board. I just want him kenneled. He has one more chance tomorrow. If that doesn't work then we continue to look. We have until August to find a kennel so there is no pressure. Hope everyone has a good day today and great upcoming weekend. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, we had a dog who didn’t play well with other dogs and she too likely would have failed the “interview”. As Dill mentioned, there was a time when kennels looked after your dog in exchange for money. Over the 30+ years we owned dogs, only twice did we find ideal kennels for our pets. If our dog came home hoarse from barking and smelling doggy, we found somewhere else to board her. The last kennel we took Jessie to advertised all play time, no cage time. The staff was well trained in caring for dogs and there was a vet on staff as well as a groomer. The expense was worth knowing Jessie was well cared for.

We’re having a picnic with our family this afternoon, looking forward to seeing the grandkids especially.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Enjoy your picnic QW yea its little things like your story about the grocery clerk,seems people are edgy and yell over small things lately They're easing the mask thingie here,I'm still gonna wear mine cuz tbh with my allergies I've always wanted to wear a mask in the past but didn't want to look like a weirdo haha,now I have that option and I'm gonna keep it, I'm covering my bases,Rava,sorry your dog didn't pass he probably failed on purpose so you won't leave haha! A long time ago Winslow got out and picked up by animal control,I was scared I was gonna get in trouble for him getting out so I pretended to just be a stranger interested in adopting him,well they told me he had a personality disorder and was unadoptable and they were gonna put him down!!!!!! I had to fess up that I was the owner and got him back after a couple of days cuz they had to snip him after paying a small fine,can't believe they said that about my Winz hes crazy but a good funny crazy like him mom waves to the gang and wishes for a fabulous AF Friday!
                          Last edited by paulywogg; May 14, 2021, 07:43 AM.
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, that's hilarious! My dog would fail the interview too. In fact we've only left her once in 11 years and that was with family and it didn't go well. So...Rava, I feel your pain!

QW, hope you had a lovely picnic. Our field trip was fun and much needed for my grandson. We are on count down to summer vacation. Yay!!

Happy Friday everyone! 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and canine Phd applicants. A hot day ahead today. Going to get some training in today. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Late check in for me! 24 please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X