~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Just a quick check in today for me. 24 more please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I hope our American friends enjoy the Memorial Day weekend, af of course!

Our oldest son is an electrician and is going to do some lighting work in our condo for us. Because of Covid, he hasn’t yet seen our new home. I can’t wait to get rid of the low hanging light fixture that I’ve hit my head on far too many times!

I hope your fil gets settled OK Cowboy. You and Bubba are a huge help to her folks, good for you both. I’m sure they appreciate everything you do for them.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Omg, Techie! Those pictures are amazing. You guys are extreme! They gave me the itch to get back out there. This past year with covid and teaching has really cut into my wanderlust. I'm ready to get back to exploring!

Hope everyone has a great day. Another one in the books! 24 more.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and adventure seekers. Still recovering but I think a bike ride will help. Another 24 for me. Have a wonderful day. Blessings x
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Another 24 for me please and thank you. 2 weeks AF! Woot Woot. Working on a plan for tomorrow. Large BBQ complete with food and booze. I am going but do NOT plan to drink. I also hate it when people practically force you to drink.....

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I hate it when people pressure you to drink. I know they don't mean any harm, but never-the-less it is annoying. When we went to my SIL's funeral service last week their was a reception following it. The reception was held at a country club and it felt strange to me. I'm more used to having those take place in the family's home or in a church basement. Not this one. My brother and his wife were very social people and liked to party. So there was an open bar and a buffet at the event. It felt odd to me, but different strokes for different folks, as the saying goes. My younger brother and I are the only two left now of our immediate family and we sat together with our spouses and some nephews. My brother insisted on getting me a beverage but not alcoholic. He suggested 7 Up with cranberry juice. It was delicious and refreshing. My brother is 35 years sober! I'm proud of him.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                Last edited by dill; May 29, 2021, 08:59 AM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I remember back when I first quit, I was asked if I was too good to drink with them, called anti-social, told I was no fun anymore etc. But I knew that if I just kept saying "no thanks, I've quit drinking" that sooner or later they would understand it had nothing to do with them, it was about me. I didn't stop seeing my drinking friends, I left it up to them if they didn't want to associate with me anymore. I didn't lose any of my old friends, and they now accept the fact that I don't drink...

You should be proud of your brother [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], 35 years is amazing! I only have my youngest brother left as well, but he seldom drinks that I know of.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cold and rainy here today, but it's no excuse to drink! I'll take another 24 please!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, I’m going to try 7UP and cranberry juice.

One time photographing a wedding, between the ceremony and reception, and after the planned photos had been taken, the bride’s father offered me a drink. I politely declined but he insisted I have a drink with him. I told him “No thank you” a few times and finally he asked if I was too good to drink with him. I calmly replied that “I don’t drink when I’m working and right now I’m on your payroll”. It became obvious he had had too much to drink by then but he finally left me alone when I told him I was responsible for the photographic memories of his daughters wedding.
                      This guy thought it would be OK to pick up my medium format camera, worth about $4,000, and look through the lens. He complained everything was blurry. Someone suggested maybe he’d had a few too many wobbly pops but in reality, the diopter on the viewfinder was set to my prescription! I later referred this as the wedding from hell! When he called me a few years later to book me for his other daughter’s wedding, I told him I was already booked that day, even though I wasn’t. The very next day, I did book another wedding for that date and it was one of the best ever!

I see Pauly’s “cold” spell must be over as it was 37C in Vegas yesterday. Not sure what that is in F, but it’s hot!

Had to look it up. 37C = 98.6F

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                      Last edited by Quit wining; May 29, 2021, 09:19 AM. Reason: Temp equivalent in F.
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good unhung morning everyone! The wine was flowing but I stuck with water. Visiting was great because I can remember all we talked about. Lately, if I drink I CRS and that's no good. Even a small amount results in that.

Another AF day is on my agenda!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and 7up & cran lovers. Another 24 for me. I’m running a bit late this morning for a bike meet up. Blessings x
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning cafe! Today Mr. J and I are going to pick up our honeybees. We have raised them in the past, but most of them didn't make it through our harsh winters. The bees we are getting today are local, and are able to withstand the cold weather. In the past we had bought hives that were wintered in the South, and then were brought up North and sold. At the time we didn't know that was the case, and had lost more than one hive to the cold weather. Healthy bees are in danger due to mites that can quickly kill off a hive. Without bees to pollinate the crops our food supply would be affected, causing a supply shortage. Another perk of having a hive is having a constant supply of honey! Yum!

Another 24 please...

Comment

5:36am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Figured I'd whip up some gluten-free pancakes to go with the the bacon and eggs this morning!

Comment

Working...
                                X