~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends. Happy Memorial Day. Another 24 for me. Blessings c
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi all. Well, the second business trip was a disaster for my sobriety. I guess I am disappointed in myself, embarrassed, and all those other feelings and emotions that come with failing to live up to your own standards.

All I can do is climb back aboard and start over.

It was just the smallest thing. Nothing really bad happened other than I just failed myself. So here is to a new start. And please, can I have 24 for tomorrow?

BigAl

Comment

Hang in there [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! Don't let one slip ruin your life! You can do this!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Big Al, don’t be too hard on yourself. The fact that you are back is proof that you want to change your behavior. No matter how hard we struggle to stay sober sometime it takes one stupid and thoughtless moment to change everything. It happens to us all. Hang in there. Thanks for your honesty. There is a free website for a 30 day alcohol challenge. I’m in it again. The website is called The Alcohol Experiment/This Naked Mind. Annie Grace is amazing and gives you daily videos and goes into detail why we drink. It may give you some added support. It’s worth looking into if you have never heard of her. Good luck. . Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good job on getting right back on the wagon [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! If we all quit and stayed quit on our first try there'd be no need for forums like this. You're among people who've been there and understand how easy it can be to pick up that first drink. Stick to your guns and never give up!

I'm not sure where you are [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], but I hope you're celebrating your 4 years AF today!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Quick show of hands in the Cafe. Who hasn’t slipped at least once? Hm, not seeing any hands. Big Al, we’ve all been there and we understand how a relapse can happen. The most important thing is that you’re right back with your Cafe friends. Thanks for your honesty and your desire to kick the beast to the curb. Every day we don’t drink, we win and the beast loses!

Another sunny and warm day here, off for a walk while it’s still cool.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Welcome back, [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! Way to come right back. I've been struggling with my drinking for months. I've struggled with getting a string of days but I kept coming back here and asking for 24 more and keeping my slips to myself. I felt like a fraud but that was ridiculous because everyone here has been in the same boat. Anne Grace, that wrote This Naked Mind, says any AL free day is a win! I'm listening to her book (again) now. It's chocked full of great info and positive reinforcement. She'd say be proud you were sober 75% of May and I agree. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

Three more days of Casa Academy and I'm done! The boys are ending the school year with a B average and an A! I hear from our neighbor, who's a teacher at the same school, that 75% of the kids haven't gotten the grades to move forward to the next grade. Not sure how they'll deal with that.

Headed camping Sunday for five days. Headed to Bend, OR. If you've never been, you should put it on your bucket list. Beautiful high desert!

Another successful AL day behind me! I'll take another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. It is more important that you are back trying again [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. I had a slip after I joined in November of ‘09. It finally stuck and my life has been so much better. So, let’s do it. Another 24 for me. Have a wonderful sober day. Blessings x
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

BigAl, glad you are back! As long as you are still in the game, you are winning, or at least are on the path to winning. I've had countless day ones, so I know what you are feeling like.

It seems like we have had so few nice weather days lately! But today has been one of them. I'm trying to get as much done as I can out in the yard because tomorrow we are in for more rain.

24 more, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I would be grateful for another 24 please!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

As they say, no news is good news and that's what's going on in my world lol. Getting back into the swing of my normal routine, a few jobs on the board to take care of and then do some much needed yard work at the farm. We're in a bit of a heat wave up here this week so I'm expecting some calls on a/c installations and service, but you never know with people.

Bubba and the mil are going to look at rooms at one of the other senior homes tomorrow. For some reason the mil wants to move, not 100% sure why, but it's up to her. If she thinks she'll be happier somewhere else then Adam and I will have another move to make lol.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, thanks so much for your brutal honesty. I too felt like a fraud but in reality we both keep coming back. We know what we want. It’s just trying to maintain sobriety is a challenge. I’m back in Annie Grace 30 day also. Day 17 or something. Not really counting exactly. It feels good to feel strong again but that can be wiped out in a single momentary bad decision. UGH. The beast is such a sneaky bastard. Hope everyone has a great day today. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I will check out Annie Grace, it sounds like something that will help. I need to also stick to this forum more than I did. It seems like I got some time under my belt and started to drift away a little bit.

It's such a vicious cycle.

Thanks again everyone, it's good to be in a place where there is understanding. 24 more please, one day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X