Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, thanks for sharing about your slips. I suspect many of us in the Cafe have done the same thing. I know I did a few years ago and had a tough time admitting it but I knew I wasn’t fooling myself. So I fessed up and got nothing but support from my Cafe friends.

Big Al, giving up al can seem like a vicious cycle. I concluded a couple of years ago that I like me better sober. Mrs QW has health issues that require me to show up and be there so kicking the beast to the curb was extra important for me.

Interesting meeting yesterday with Mrs QW’s neuropsychiatrists, the first of several planned at 3 month intervals going forward. They asked a lot of questions and offered some treatment options so hopefully Mrs QW follows them. PD is a hideous disease and presents in different ways almost on a daily basis.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone, and remember, every day we don’t drink, we win and the beast loses!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well... I had the wrong date for the last day of school so Casa Academy is open for six more days! I can do this, I can do this, I can. ;~)

Pool party this weekend at my son's home. It's his 47 birthday! I'm sitting here wondering how the hell that happened!?! One day at a time I reckon :-)

Hope everyone has an easy AF day.
        Another day in the books! I'll gladly take another 24.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends & adventure seekers. I’m thinking about another Grand Canyon hike or rafting trip combo on the Colorado. If there is any interest out there let me know. Looking at late August. I have a network of friends in the guiding biz and I get HUGE discounts. In fact, my friend Rick told me he would take me and five others free on a seven day rafting trip. He would just accept tips and it would be $150/pp for food. He wants to try out a new type of river raft. He acquires the rafts late July/early August. It would be a two week commitment and you need to be comfortable living outdoors. I will provide all the gear. If interested, and you are not sure a canyon hike is doable you can just do the rafting part. The food is all top quality and Rick will accommodate Vegans.

So, another 24 for me. Have a beautiful day. Blessings x
          Last edited by techie; June 2, 2021, 10:43 AM. Reason: Add
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Quick check in here today. 24 more, please and thank you!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Looks like we're in for a rainy day today. Might be a good time to read a book!

24 more please...

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Techie, what an amazing and generous offer to take folks on a Grand Canyon adventure! I would love to take you up on it but sadly can’t. The Grand Canyon is such a wonderful place and for anyone who hasn’t been, put it on your bucket list. The scenery is incredibly beautiful and the area so rich in history, can’t recommend it enough.

More tradespeople are expected today - the fireplace is getting serviced and our locks re-keyed. We had the alarm system we brought from our old house installed here yesterday. Our building has a security system but the only reason we had our own installed is because we’re under contract for the next 14 months and have to pay the monthly monitoring fee anyway. At least the removal and install didn’t cost anything.

Another sunny, hot day here. Off for an early walk before it gets too warm.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe. So glad you are back Big Al. Stay close. We totally get what you are doing through. I feel like a professional quitter when it comes to alcohol. Professional drinker and quitter. Took too many years of unchecked drinking to finally get to a point in my life that I know it’s a terrible road to go down. Techie, that trip sounds amazing. Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Techie, what an amazing trip and offer! I'd do that trip in a heart beat if I could get hubby on board. His sense of adventure isn't as keen as mine. With this offer, I'm sure you'll have no trouble filling those seats.

Another day in the books! I'll gladly take 24 more!

Comment

Jude, your mention of it being a good day to read a book reminded me: I finished listening to Travels with Charlie and I simple loved it! Thank you so much for the suggestion.

I asked the volunteer coordinator to find me a different assignment and she did. I'm no longer in the Emergency Department. Now I am in the reception area for outpatient services. It's a much better fit for me and I am sure I will like it much better.

Rava, we are all "professional quitters" here, but we each have our own particular style! LOL

QW, the Grand Canyon is now on my bucket list!

24 more please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. We have a couple in our community that want to do the canyon trip. I would much prefer September/October but that is the best deal. Plus, I’m registered for the Malibu Triathlon on September 25th & 26th. I announced in 2019 that it would be my last. I have done some coaching but I have one more tri in me. I do wish I had kept the Trek Madone but I’m quite comfortable on one of my other bikes. It’s a wonderful sports but old injuries have plagued me in the past decade. So, another 24 for me. Have a GREAT day. Blessings c
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Another rainy, muggy day here! It's supposed to be in the 90's over the next several days. Looks like the air conditioners are going in this weekend!

24 more please...

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning and TGIF. I remember when I dreaded Fridays and Saturdays because they were my ginormous drinking days. Glad that is behind me. Dill, so glad you found another fit in the hospital. There is always something that they need help with and so glad they found you another spot. Heading to Lowes today to plant some new flowers. Our annuals have died so it’s time to replace. I don’t know the Florida flowers so I have to get it figured out. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you. As Pauly says, waves to the gang!

Comment

Working...
                                X