No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're just getting over our heat wave of being in the 90's [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Only supposed to be in the high 80's today, with rain and cooler temps coming for the weekend thankfully.

Sounds like the new position will be a better fit for you [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], hopefully you'll like it much better!

I'd also like to take you up on your offer [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], but I'm afraid this old abused body of mine wouldn't be able to take it lol.

Speaking of adventures, I turned down another one just this past week as much as I'd loved to have went. I was over putting up 2 yard lights on poles in a cattle yard for a neighbor, they are big cattle and horse ranchers. Him and his son are looking for 10 experienced horse riders to do a wild horse round-up in the far north of British Columbia. These horses aren't true feral horses, a lot of them used to be trail riding horses, but the owner retired and shut down his trail riding and guided hunting business about 10 years ago and left the horses to roam on 20,000 acres of forest. The herd has grown to somewhere around 200 horses and he's basically giving them away to anyone who wants to round them up and ship them out! It would be around 10 days of living in a hunting lodge and rounding up horses each day, then loading them on barges to move down the river to Fort Nelson, then loaded in trailers to be trucked back to their ranch. All the riders have to supply is their clothes and a gun lol. As much as I'd love to do it, I know my butt wouldn't take 10 hours a day in a saddle for 10 days lol.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy Friday all,hope everyone has a great AF day!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Glad the hospital was able to find a more suitable spot for you Dill. Hope it continues to go well.

My first paying job in photography was taking advertising photos for a trail riding business in Jasper. I got to spend several days high up in the mountains and at that time of year, it barely got dark at night. Not being used to horseback riding, I was worried about the long hours but my saddle must have been made by La-Z-Boy. Don’t think I could do 10 hour days for 10 days though!

Our two service appointments went well yesterday. I feel better knowing the locks have been changed and our fireplace is safe to operate.

We declined an opportunity to have our second Covid vaccines shots today. Our first shots were Moderna and the shots now being offered are AstraZeneca. We decided it best not to risk Mrs QW’s compromised immune system so we’ll wait another 2 weeks for the Moderna vaccine, assuming shipments arrive as promised. I trust science over politics!

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning cafe friends. I looked into the Annie Grace information on line and thought why not. Not something that I would typically do but I am on day 1 of the alcohol experiment. We will see how that goes. Anyway, happy Friday, thanks for the support.

I'm not drinking today, so I will happily commit (or ask?) for another 24 please.

Comment

I'm happy you found a better fit, Dill. I'm with you, reception would be a better fit for me too.

Cowboy, that sounds like an amazing adventure! Too bad you don't feel like you can do it. I used to own horses and trail ride in the mountains but that was 20 years ago! There's no way I could do it now.

I've been dying to ask so I'm just going to. I'm tired of wondering! [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], if I may be so bold, how old are you? If you are my age, you are my new hero!

Another day in the books and I'll gladly take another 24!

Comment

Cross post, [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. Glad you checked out the Experiment. I'm a science geek and I love that Anne goes so deeply into the science of the affects of AL on our bodies.

Comment

Cowboy, I can understand the allure of the horse roundup! It sounds like such a grand adventure! But I also understand what you mean about 10 hours, 10 days.... I wonder if you could join up with them for just a couple of the days? Or for half days...

24 more for me, please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and the saddle sore. Hot here today but back from long walk with my sweetheart and our doggie. I had a serious conversation with myself last night. I think I take on too much. Considering all my injuries, bulging disc L5 S1, including two concussions from college football, I am in reassessment mode. I can do the triathlon in my sleep, but I have a “got to win” my class mindset. So, although this will truly be my last, I just want to enjoy it. I am rethinking my whole approach here. Suggestions are welcome! Another 24 for me. HUGE blessings x
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Dill, so happy that you've found a better fit in your volunteer position! It always pays to check out all of your options.

Geez techie! I'd be in a wheelchair if I had all of your past injuries! Enjoy your "last big adventure" but maybe it's time to slow things down a bit.
                    [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], if I were 20 years younger, I would go round up those horses in a heartbeat. I'd also likely take a couple home with me! :horse:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Dill, so happy that you've found a better fit in your volunteer position! It always pays to check out all of your options.

Geez techie! I'd be in a wheelchair if I had all of your past injuries! Enjoy your "last big adventure" but maybe it's time to slow things down a bit.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], if I were 20 years younger, I would go round up those horses in a heartbeat. I'd also likely take a couple home with me! :horse:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Cowboy that sounds so exciting but I can understand your not being able to do it. It would be so cool to be able to have some part in it just for fun. Big Al so glad you joined. Sometime all the information is overwhelming so I pick and choose what I want to listen to. I dont even know what day I’m on but over half way to 30. It’s hard to get in the right mindset but this time so far I’m good. I think the weight gain from slugging wine is part of my motive. Although I have not lost any weight but maybe a pound. Hope everyone has a great Saturday. Supposed to be upper 90s here. Hot, Hot, Hot! Techie, you are certainly the most motivated person I know! Good for you and stay safe! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I wasn't up early enough to beat Jude here so I hope she drops back in sometime today for a piece of her birthday cake!

@Jude58

Comment

If I could drive right up to the hunting lodge they will be based out of, I'd probably drive up and take part in it for a few days at least. But the lodge is only accessible by boat or air, so it's either all in or all out. But I did tell Miles and MJ to take lots of pics so that I could see what I missed out on!

I hear what you're saying [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! Once you have that "competitive drive", it's hard to do something just for the fun of it.

Comment

Happy Birthday Jude! Hope it's a great one for you and hope we all have a wonderful AF day!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X