No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You bring up an interesting point [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], one I've been thinking about since I read it. I know I've often said that it would ne nice to have a cold beer on a hot day, or a glass of wine with a good meal but is that what I really miss, or is it the buzz I get from having a few drinks? Or is it because I want to feel like I "fit in", I don't want to be the person who can't have a drink when everyone else is drinking? I think the important thing for me to always remember is that it doesn't matter why I want to have that drink, I know I can't. Accept that and quit thinking about having that drink...
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please &,thank you.

The barbecue did a great job of cooking rib eyes exactly as we like them - medium rare. I tried a local butcher shop yesterday and while the steaks were great, the price was double what I used to pay before moving to Calgary. We’re going to buy a small freezer so we can split a side of beef, purchased from the butcher I dealt with in our small town, with our son and dil.

Reading the comments about wine box spout sipping brought a smile. The thing is, I don’t recall having done that but I bet I did!

Rava, I don’t think any of us can trust our brains. The beast is always there, waiting for us to slip. We know that we can’t trust ourselves when we say “Just one drink can’t hurt”. We know it doesn’t stops at one.

We’re booked to have our second vaccine on the 22nd. The pharmacy where we had our first shot doesn’t know when/if they’ll be receiving Moderna so I booked appointments through Alberta Health and even they only have 1 site offering Moderna. Because Mrs QW’s immune system is compromised, we were advised not to mix vaccines.

Off for a walk in the sunshine. Have a great af Saturday everyone.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and rib eye lovers. Hot day ahead. Off on a bike ride. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Another one down. Love waking up clear headed.

Driving to Seattle today for my niece's baby shower. It's over and back so 5 hours of driving today. I see coffee in my future!

I'll gladly take another 24.

Comment

Well done [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. I am starting today with a renewed sense of commitment. I WILL NOT drink today.

Happy Saturday cafe friends. It's hot and muggy here and I have a yard to mow.

24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

I always drank for the buzz.....nothing more. Pretty silly, because those fleeting moments of euphoria only lasted a few moments, and then it turned into oblivion, followed by feelings of despair, and a crushing hangover the next day. Not worth it!

The thing that I love about this group is that you all know exactly how I feel. Our minds have all been in that dark place where alcohol can lead us. We all know about the daily struggles to stay sober, something that "normal" people have no clue about. I'm truly grateful for my friends here at MWO, especially for your support and understanding when one of us relapses. I just wanted to thank you all for being here.

Asking for another 24 for all of us!

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

It's time for some breakfast y'all!

Comment

Agreed [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! You guys have become better friends to me than most of my in-life friends!

Comment

Good morning and thanks for breakfast!!! Jude you are so right. We all get each other and can be honest about our feelings with no judgment. Living in a condo community happy hour is widespread. I could avoid it at all costs but if I do I’m losing being around people and having fun. I’m just working on bringing my own drink to the pool and no ones knows that it’s just Diet Coke or iced tea. I prefer to keep it like that. Thank goodness my husband is not a drinker so there are no issues there. Ginger, safe travels today… Wishing everyone a great and sober day! Another 24 for me please and thanks. PS I travel north later this week to visit my grands for a few days and am very happy that I have some sober time under by belt so I wont be dying to drink and hide it from everyone….. UGH. DOUBLE UGH!!!

Comment

Oh right, I forgot... Huge congrats on your 30 days [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I made bread on Friday and after seeing the breakfast Cowboy prepared, I think I’ll make French toast after my walk. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jude, there is a special understanding from Cafe members of what we’re going through and “normal” people don’t experience what we deal with. Ten years ago, I dropped off my visiting brother and sil at my sisters 50th birthday party. I didn’t stay because I was early in a quit then and knew if I had stayed, I would have been right back into boxed merlot. I explained after to my sister why I didn’t stay, she understood. She too has the alcohol gene we inherited and doesn’t/can’t drink. My brother and sil however are what I would call functioning alcoholics. I haven’t seen them in person for 5 years because I know the temptation to drink would be there. I guess if there’s anything good about Covid is that it means I won’t be there for their 50th anniversary celebration in August.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Jude, your post was spot on!

Over and back to Seattle for me is a five hour round trip. That's a loooong day for this old girl! There was alcohol at the baby shower. Why?? I wasn't tempted at all for two reasons. It was day time and I had to drive home!

Thanks for breakfast, Cowboy. No drinking for me today! I want another 24.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and ABC breakfast fans. Hot day today. I appreciated your post as well, Jude. I joined this tread because of what I saw. Brutal honesty, openness to new ideas, loving support and respect for one another. So, thank you all. Special thanks to you Cowboy, for running this joint. You do it so well!

Well, I am off on a long run then laps in the pool. Another 24 for me. Have a wonderful sober day. Blessings x
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X