Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Off for an early walk this morning as the freezer we bought yesterday is to be delivered between 8am and 8 pm today.

Techie, congrats on the eagle, is there an albatross in the future? Hope so.

Chick flick - good one Jude!

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Eagle!! I meant eagle and wrote birdie. Jeez, I've been doing stuff like that a lot lately! Another good reason to stay away from AL.

So glad mama came back and you found the 2nd nest in time, ABC. You're a good steward!

Yesterday was an easy AL day. Nothing to let my guard down over but a nice reprieve. I'll gladly take another 24!

Comment

Good morning cafe friends. Hot and humid here, looking at 100+ today (and I don't live in the desert). Today will be a great day to not drink.

24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and albatross golfers. Hot hot hot here today and tomorrow. Did I mention HOT.? I’m traveling over to Stanford to see my doctor today. Will most likely spend the night rather that face the three hour drive home late afternoon. 109 degrees in the Central Valley. So, another 24 for me in air conditioned bliss. Have a great day. Blessings x
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
            Good morning Cafe friends and albatross golfers. Hot hot hot here today and tomorrow. Did I mention HOT.? IÂ’m traveling over to Stanford to see my doctor today. Will most likely spend the night rather that face the three hour drive home late afternoon. 109 degrees in the Central Valley. So, another 24 for me in air conditioned bliss. Have a great day. Blessings x
            I must say, it's a rare doctor who will let you spend the night, Techie!

Remember how I was looking forward to the Cicadae invasion? Well, for us it has been a bit of a let down. For some reason they are not in our immediate area. I was in the nearest small town the other day with a friend (six miles apart) and they were everywhere! In fact one was crawling up under my shirt which was not something I had anticipated... Anyway, I got to experience the sound ((and feel ) and then go home which is actually pretty ok with me after all!

24 more please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Early work day for me! So glad that I'm not hungover!

Another 24 please...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I missed check in yesterday as I was traveling north to visit my daughter for a long weekend. The airport was so crowded for a Thursday. You have to wear a mask the entire time. Long travel day. This morning I wake up clear headed and so glad that I’m not drinking. Last night before I went to sleep my little 3 year old grandson came to me and said ‘You have to sleep here because you don’t have a home anymore.” In his little mind I’m homeless. That was so cute. Today we are going for a boat ride. So happy to be visiting. Will try to check back tomorrow. Cowboy, love the egg story and picture and then a 2nd nest. WOW thats great. Ginger, hope you have a good time with your sisters. Hi to everyone and hope you have a great day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, another 24 please please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I was reading a news clip just the other day on different ways to cook cicadas [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], seems like they are edible! It had some background on their life cycle and why this year is supposed to be an outbreak of them. Interesting reading to say the least.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

After doing the hurry up and wait, our freezer was delivered yesterday afternoon. It fits perfectly in our laundry room and seems to be working as it should.

Rava, that’s cute your grandson thought you were homeless. We knew of a young fellow who thought his grandparents lived at the airport since they were picked up there and dropped off after their visit.
                      Have a great visit Rava and enjoy every minute with your grandson.

It’s going to be another beautiful day here, off for a walk before it gets too warm.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Geez, I almost forgot! It's cake day!

Mr & Mrs Dill!

Comment

Happy Anniversary, Dill! May there be many more.

Love that, Rava. Kids say the most adorable things. Enjoy your time with your family!

Sitting outside enjoying this beautiful morning. So happy I'm unhung. I woke up this morning with an overwhelming sense of thankfulness. I love it when that happens spontaneously.

Hope everyone has an easy day. I'll happily take another unhung morning! 24 more, please!

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
                            I must say, it's a rare doctor who will let you spend the night, Techie!

Remember how I was looking forward to the Cicadae invasion? Well, for us it has been a bit of a let down. For some reason they are not in our immediate area. I was in the nearest small town the other day with a friend (six miles apart) and they were everywhere! In fact one was crawling up under my shirt which was not something I had anticipated... Anyway, I got to experience the sound ((and feel ) and then go home which is actually pretty ok with me after all!

I stayed in The Sheraton 😊
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and cicada chefs. Happy Anniversary, Dill. Heading home today after a successful medical appointment. Another extremely HOT day ahead w/109 degrees forecasted. So, I’ll take another 24. Have a blessed day friends x

Comment

Thank you for that beautiful cake, Cowboy and to all the good wished everyone! It's 44 years for us! Hard to believe. Where does the time go?

I'll pass on the Cicadae cuisine, Cowboy! But it did remind me of a book I read years ago about an African tribe that celebrated when the 17 year cicadaes hatched out. They thought of them as a great source of protein and they caught and ate all that they could! For real! The book was set in the early 1900's and was about the clash of cultures as the Christian missionaries came to make converts of them. It was quite a good book.

Enjoy your visits, Rava and Ginger!

QW, is the freezer going to be for your beef? I seem to recall you saying you were going to buy a 1/4 or a 1/2 of a cow. Correct me if I'm wrong. Mr. D and I have been discussing getting some freezer beef. We have found another couple that wants to go halves with us. We asked the processer if we can have the ground beef made as lean as possible. They usually have 80% lean but they said they would try to get as close as they could to 90% for us. Honestly, I like the taste of 80% lean burgers, but I am trying to eat healthy.

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X