Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Happy Father’s Day to the fathers in the Cafe! Hope you have a great day. I’m spending the day with my son the chef/butcher (must ask him about biltong. I had to look it up) and my son, DIL and grandkids. Apparently there’s a barbecue to be enjoyed and a hockey game to watch.

Jude, wish we could share some beef with you and everyone of our Cafe buddies.

Ginger, glad you’re having a great time with your sisters. Pauly, hope all is well with you. You’re missed in the Cafe.

Another awesome breakfast Cowboy! Thanks.

Off for a walk. Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Busy with sisters. Hoping to read back tomorrow. Happy Father's Day. 24 more for me!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Father’s Day Celebrants. Gearing up for a week long trip to the Carmel coast. Looking for a little solar aquatic therapy. Lots of hiking, biking, running, and occasional overeating. So, another 24 for me. Have a wonderful day. Blessings x
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Cowboy, I felt badly about you having to make breakfast on Father's Day! I tried this morning to make it before you got here but I just couldn't figure out how you do it using web images. Maybe next year....
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I have some biltong just ready to come out of the curing box.

Happy Fathers Day to all the cafe Dads, and everyone else for that matter. 24 more for me please and thanks.

Sorry the pic is sideways, I couldn't figure out how to rotate it...
            Last edited by BigAl; June 20, 2021, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Where are at Paulywogg? We miss you, and hope to see you back soon!

24 more please....

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I posted yesterday and can’t find it. I hope everyone had a great Father’s Day. On saturday I was tempted by the opened box wine and seemed to just simply with NO thought helped myself. I had too much but was able to hold it together for the most part. Very embarrassing to say that I literally had no control. I woke up yesterday morning ashamed and horrified at my lack of self control. Last night, exact same situation, box of wine and I felt NO urge to drink. What the hell is that about. I need to take a deep dive into how two exact scenarios can have 2 different outcomes. I will not drink today and will continue to abstain. I hate drinking……Planning to enjoy my last day with my grandsons totally accountable and clear headed. Thanks goodness my lack of sensibility was very short lived. I do NOT want to be that drunken grandmother like my own mother. Sometimes I think she is my driving force because I don’t want to be like her. EVER. Hope everyone has a great monday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Last edited by abcowboy; June 21, 2021, 06:26 AM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm not sure what the answer is [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I guess the only answer or explanation is that we're alcoholics. Why we can have just one or two at certain times, but usually get drunk most times makes no sense to me either, but that's the way it is. The only answer I guess is never to have the first one, and when we feel tempted, stop and remind ourselves where that 1st. one will eventually lead us...

If you're taking pics with your phone [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], try turning your phone 90 degrees ccw to the "landscape" position when you take the pic. I know it works for iPhones, not sure about other phones though.

I find a breakfast pic I like [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], then "right click" and save it, then upload it to postimages making sure to use the 640 x 480 resize option if the pic is bigger, then use the link provided for posting to forums. it seems to work good for me most of the time lol.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was a great Father’s Day spent with kids and grandkids, a fine meal, and while my team didn’t win the hockey game, it was nice to watch it together.

I was touched to receive 2 gifts from my friends at the youth justice committee yesterday. The first was a beautifully framed certificate of appreciation for 6 years of service, the second, a gift card to my favourite butcher shop.
                      Eight years ago when we moved to our former town, I applied to join the economic development committee. As a trained economic developer with several years experience, I thought I would be able to help, especially with downtown revitalization. They weren’t interested. But the youth justice committee welcomed me.

Today our new window coverings are being installed. Only a couple more things to do to make the condo ours!

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Here and AF!! Headed home today. 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and unwavering supporters. Always remember [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], self care is how you get your power back and maintain it. We are all tempted. When we pause and open our hearts and love ourselves, we can overcome anything. We are off to Monterey and Carmel for some R&R seeing Stanford friends and having some F U N. Have a wonderful day and please honor your own individual power. Another 24 for me. Love you all. Blessings x
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good evening cafe friends. I accompanied my lovely wife up to the city for her biopsy. They stuck her 9 different times, and they evidently leave tiny sesame seed sized balls of titanium as a marker of where they took the sample. So, she now has implants. Sesame seed sized ones. It will be a rough week of waiting and trying not to go down rabbit holes. But, I'm present, I am sober, and I am just letting my feelings come and go. I hope everyone had a wonderful and AF Monday.

24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] I don't think that I could have an open box of wine in my refrigerator, and resist the urge to drink it. Techie was spot on with his advice about using self care and love for ourselves to ward off the temptation to drink. Try to remember that alcohol is poison to our bodies and emotions, and is definitely not our friend, even if your brain keeps telling you something different.

I'll take another 24 without poisoning my body!

Comment

Good morning and thanks for the positive comments. I’m still sober and did not partake in any drinking for the last two nights. I am currently sitting in a local airport waiting for my flight to head back down south. I love my family but miss my hubby so it’s good to be going back home. We are planning to visit again in 2 months so we will not be strangers to our kids. I hope everyone has a good day today. Glad you made it AF for your entire trip Ginger. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. Another 24 for me please and thank you. PS. Sending prayers for your wife Big Al.
                                Last edited by Rava; June 22, 2021, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X