~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Been fighting a head cold now since I got back from my visit up north. UGH. Wishing everyone a great Tuesday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, thinking of you and Mrs BA today. Hope all goes well.

A nephew had his AC break down over the weekend. The earliest he can have it looked at is July 13th and there’s no guarantee they’ll have be able to do the repair. So far, ours is working well.

Mrs QW is having many issues related to Parkinson’s that are negatively impacting both of us. It seems almost on a daily basis something new presents that prevents getting a good sleep, performing even simple functions and now signs of dementia are showing more often.
      I’m sure this is influencing how I feel about the move. Sure glad I don’t drink!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone! Stay safe, stay cool.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Do Not become a prisoner of your past. It was just a lesson, NOT a life sentence author unknown

I read this online this morning and thought it was worth sharing.

Have a great af day!!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those in the second COVID shot queue. LOTS of seconds thoughts about the new home. Yes, it is very expensive but our biggest concern is the weather. Marine layer everyday. Often cloudy and cool all year. So, we are now (a little late) creating a list of wants/needs to determine what the next step is. Bottom line: I love it on the coast and the new home. Mrs Techie has all the reservations. I know we’ll get there. I just do not want to lose a portion of the sizable down payment. However, I realize how blessed we are to even have these options. I remain in deep gratitude to the wonderful careers we both had.

So, with all that said, it’ll be another 24 for me. I hope you feel better [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Always keeping you and wife in the light [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. Have a wonderful day. Blessings x
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I hope you and your wife work out what you really want/need in your next chapter Techie. It will come.

Continued prayers and light coming your way, BigAl.

QW, I'm sorry to hear how challenging things have been for you and Mrs. Q. Prayers and light to you both too. Thanks for sharing that quote. It was a very good one.

Cowboy, that's so nice to hear that the little ducklings made it! Thanks for the update.

24 more please and thank you.
            Last edited by dill; June 29, 2021, 02:47 PM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I appreciate the thoughts and light [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], can’t sleep. But sober.

I did see my sister for the first time in years yesterday. Not due to COVID but due to her alcoholism and antagonism. She is 17 days sober and doing well. It runs in the family other than my dad who doesn’t drink at all due to his father. I don’t want to be that for my kids. But I need to sleep a bit. 24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

I appreciate the thoughts and light [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], can’t sleep. But sober.

I did see my sister for the first time in years yesterday. Not due to COVID but due to her alcoholism and antagonism. She is 17 days sober and doing well. It runs in the family other than my dad who doesn’t drink at all due to his father. I don’t want to be that for my kids. But I need to sleep a bit. 24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

On my phone, posting is a little weird. Posted twice for some reason. Maybe it’s user error at this time of the morning.

Comment

Sorry that you and your wife are going through some tough times QW. Sometimes the stress of a move can exacerbate the symptoms of many diseases, especially dementia.
                    [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I hope that you and your wife can come to an agreement about the house. It sounds beautiful!

So glad that the chicks were hatched [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!

Asking for another 24 on this hot and muggy day.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Techie, hope you and your wife figure it out. It’s a lot of stress no matter what you decide to do. Thinking of you QW as you settle into your condo. I hope your wife is able to adjust without too much difficulty. One day at a time as they say…..Thinking of you Big Al as well. Hi to Ginger, Dill, Jude, Cowboy Still dealing with this horrible head cold. UGH. Feel like such a baby. With all the mask wearing I have not had a cold in over a year and this one is kicking my ass. Going to make my favorite Chinese chicken noodle soup that may help… Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m off for another early morning walk because in an hour or two, it’ll be too hot. Plus our air quality is poor because this system just isn’t moving. We hit 37C, about 97F, yesterday and are expecting the same today.

Our Parkinson’s support group meets virtually this afternoon. We had planned an outdoor get together at a lake but it’s just too hot.

As of tomorrow, Covid restrictions are lifted in Alberta. I still think this re-opening is politically driven and not scientific so, for now, we’ll keep Covid protocols in place.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Rava, sorry you have such a bad cold! It's been a really long time since I or my hb have had one! I suppose as things are being more normalized, our immune systems are going to have to get back into gear. Hope the soup helped!

On the subject of houses feeling like home: I lived in a house one time from 1985 to 1992 that never felt quite like home. I always felt like I was living in a nice house, but it didn't feel like mine! Still by the time we moved out I had worked through a lot of that and I found I was quite sad and reluctant to leave it! Go figure. The reason I think it didn't feel at home was because the house was in good shape and needed no major work. It felt like a "vacation home"! LOL We moved from there into this place which was a major fixer-upper! It was a wreck, but it felt like home within a year.

24 more please and thank you!
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and house hunting supporters. It is so hot here today that my dog is grooming herself. Mrs T and me still at a crossroads. We’ll work through it, as that has always been our strength. So, another XXIV for moi. Have a wonderful blessed day. Keeping BA, Rava, & QW in the light. Blessings x
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.”– Khalil Gibran

I saw this quote this morning and thought that it would be a good way to start the day! I suspect that many of us have our share of scars.
                                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I hope that you are feeling better today. I haven't so much as had a sniffle for more than a year. Someone (dill?) said that they hadn't been sick in awhile either, and that it was probably due to wearing a mask in public. I'd have to agree.

We had a round of T-storms come through last night, and afterwards the heat and humidity disappeared. Yeeha!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                                X