No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:31am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I read over on the Army thread [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] that you and Mrs T passed on the house deal, I'm thinking that was a wise decision. I remember a saying that I read or heard somewhere, "when in doubt, always say no thanks", I figure that applies to many of us here, in many situations and decision making...

Great quote [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], our scars prove how tough and resilient we are!

And speaking of house moves, Adam and Darcie have purchased a house in Sherwood Park. They have to be out of their house by July 23rd, not sure on possession date on their new home as they just learned late last night that their offer was accepted so I didn't get all the details from him yet.
      Last edited by abcowboy; July 1, 2021, 06:44 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

One of the things I liked most about our condo was the shade and privacy offered by two large fir trees beside our balcony. In advance of stucco repair work and painting being done on the building, these trees, along with several others, were cut down yesterday to make access easier, and safer, for the painters. There has been very little communication from the property manager and our condo board and no notification of tree removal. Over the next few days, I will contact both property manager and condo board chair to express my frustration. The organic matter is going to hit the wind propulsion device! Had we known this was going to happen, we would not have purchased this unit.
        We used to enjoy seeing and listening to several different species of birds.

Off for a walk.

Have a great af Thursday everyone and Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canucks.

QW
        Last edited by Quit wining; July 1, 2021, 09:10 AM.
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and quote lovers. Busy day today. Very quiet here? So, another 24 for me. Have the best day possible. Blessings x
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

QW, I am so sorry to hear about those trees! I know they were a selling point for you and how much you enjoyed watching the birds. How frustrating!

Jude, thank you for that very nice, powerful quote. Yes, we all have our scars.

Cowboy, does that bring Adam and Darcie closer?

Another 24 please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Just got back in town. Time to unpack and get the gkids home!

I'll take 24!

Comment

Happy Canada day to my Northern friends!

Sorry about your trees QW. They make a difference in so many ways, and when they're gone, it's easy to see how many benefits they provide. You should have been informed about the removal of the trees.
                [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], will your son be moving closer to you?

Another sober day please and thank you very much!

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Sorry to hear about the trees [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. It must have been the location of the trunks otherwise just trimming them back would have worked? I guess a bit late for that now, but still sad to see them go.

Sherwood Park is about a 20 minute drive further away from where they are now. It's about a 35 - 40 minute drive from Veg to the farm and Adam and Darcie's acreage was only 3 miles from the farm. It's about a 55 - 60 minute drive to their new place in Sherwood Park. It's not that bit of extra distance as driving doesn't bother me, but we saw at lot of each other when I was out at the farm and that probably won't happen now.

Good to see you back [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I'll bet you had a great time with the gkids!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; July 2, 2021, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please and thank you.

Thanks for the Canada Day wishes Jude. It was a different celebration this year as much of the focus was on reconciliation matters with our indigenous Canadians, more a reflection of past actions that occurred in residential schools. There is much that still needs to be done.

I had a chat with our condo board chair about the trees yesterday, and my evil twins, Frank & Blunt, didn’t have to show up. I pointed out there was no communication or advance notice about the tree removal. He agreed the affected condo owners should have been advised. The trees will be replaced after the painting is complete. We’re on the 3rd floor and don’t have 20 years to wait for trees to grow so hopefully the replacement ones will be tall.

It’s cooler with thunderstorms in our forecast for the next couple of days. The rain is welcome, lightning strikes are not.

Have a great af Friday everyone.

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning, Cafe friends. Lots happening here!

QW, so sorry about the trees. Hopefully the new ones will be fast growing. Ugh!

Techie, so what was the final verdict on the house adventure?

We had a great time with the boys. We are already planning our next adventure! I have to admit, it was nice being disconnected for a few days from news, internet, etc. It's only when I'm isolated from it, I realize how much time I waste on it.

Sitting outside enjoying the cool morning temps. Highs are still in the 100s for the next few days. Heading to my son's for some pool time today and to see my oldest granddaughter. She's in town for a few days! I'll gladly take another 24 to enjoy my life in the present.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and tree lovers. We have decided after 48 hours of deliberation to stay in our current home. We were not too pleased about spending 2.3 million dollars on a hone built on slab, e.g., no basement. While I have purchased a home like that in Scottsdale, AZ in the 90’s it was much more reasonably priced with inflation considered. The other factor was the weather. While we are three hours east, we have the four seasons. Carmel has one and it’s autumn like. Marine layer every morning till noonish. Cool, windy and overcast most days. The one upside to this situation is renewed appreciation for where we live. BTW, we never officially put our home on the market. However we did make overtures in our community. We received several voicemails from Bay Area folks that may be interested should we sell. Huge exodus from the city. Strange time’s indeed. So, another 24 for me. Wishing you all the best weekend possible. Blessings x

P.S. Keeping you & wife in light and prayer [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]
                          Last edited by techie; July 2, 2021, 10:53 AM.
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Cowboy that extra 25 minutes will definitely make a difference in terms of how frequently you will see each other. I'm sorry you will lose that frequent contact with Adam. My son is 45 minutes away and it is definitely a commitment of a block of time when we get together. So we don't see each other very often.

I'll take another 24 hours to "enjoy my life in the present"! Ginger, that was so nicely put!
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good afternoon cafe friends. Things have been hectic for me, but it sounds like everyone is busy. I decided to see a therapist to see if maybe there was another way to look at my behavior. Can't hurt might help. We shall see. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

Hello Cafe, Got so drug down with the cold after being well for over a year. I ended up with bronchitis. Finally dragged myself the the urgent care center yesterday and got steroids and antibiotics. Still feeling a bit under the weather but yesterday I felt near death. UGH. So glad I went. Techie, smart decision making about the house. Follow your gut which I think you did. Big Al, counseling can never hurt just make sure you find a good one. Welcome back Ginger! Glad your trip went well. Jude yes we all have scars and thanks for that. QW I would be so angry about the trees. I totally understand where you are coming from. Not a good feeling for a new place. Hopefully things will improve. Hi Jude, Cowboy and anyone else I missed. Working on getting myself back to 100%. Will definitely not be needing Booze for that. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X