Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Happy 4th of July to our American Cafe friends. On my bucket list is to be in Ottawa for Canada Day celebrations on July 1st and in Boston on July 4th. Covid, Parkinson’s and arthritis permitting, I might make it one year.
    Enjoy the day safely and af!

Big Al, you’ve got a plan and in my experience, that’s half the problem solved. Will it be easy? Probably not. Is it worthwhile? Damn right it is. I’m glad your counsellor suggested daily posting to MWO. I’m looking forward to reading them. And as you know by now, we’re all here for you.

Awesome brekkie Cowboy!

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
    Last edited by Quit wining; July 4, 2021, 10:38 AM.
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good Sunday morning, Cafe friends!

Had a lovely dinner out with my sisters last night. We laughed and laughed. So good for the soul. All the while AL free! A good reminder that alcohol is not needed to have a good time.

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I'm glad you were tested and feeling better. My nephew got covid after he was fully vaccinated. He was pretty ill for three days. He was so glad he was vaccinated because had he not been, he thinks it would have been much worse.

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], sounds like you're stuck with us and I'm so happy your counselor sees the importance of that! Keeping you and the Mrs. in my thoughts and prayers.

Keep hoping Pauly stops in soon.

Smoke has cleared out and I can see the mountains again. We have a string of high 90s to low 100s for the foreseeable future. Wish we didn't have commitments, we'd head to the coast!

Hope everyone has an easy AF day. I'll gladly take another 24. Now to enjoy that brekkie, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!

Comment

Don’t be afraid to start over again. This time, you’re not starting from scratch, you’re starting from experience.

And we know experience can be a great teacher!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Fourth of July celebrants. Another HOT HOT HOT day here at Casa Techie. Pork ribs about to be smoked for 6 hours w/ an occasional spritz of apple cider vinegar. Homemade baked beans & organic white corn on the cob will accompany. It will be a quiet 4th here. However, another sober 24 will be welcome. Wishing all you lovely folks the best day possible. Blessings x
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi Cafe friends. A bit late to post today. I ave been out of sorts the last few days but still on the mend. I feel like I have medicine head between the steroids and antibiotics, etc. UGH. Hubby is now starting with the sore throat symptoms. He is a worse baby than me. I’m not looking forward to this. Big Al so glad you are sticking with us. Many of us have come and gone but some of us keep coming back! It truly does help. Hope everyone that celebrates has a wonderful 4th of July. We are bracing for Elsa but seems to have been downgraded to a tropical storm. Another 24 for me please and thanks. Thanks for Breakfast Cowboy!

Comment

I hope you feel better soon [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Sending hugs!
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe friends. [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], great link, I especially liked Urge Surfing. I will continue to peruse the thread but so far all absolutely applicable.

We are headed out to the family farm to BBQ and shoot off fireworks this evening. I grew up there and still help quite a bit, especially during planting and harvest. It was a great place to grow up. Feeling pretty good about things, just need to keep my head in the game and work on urge surfing. Still waiting for some real info on my wife's second biopsy. We have received a medical report, but it is very technical and trying to just google what I believe are key terms will just be a rabbit hole that I don't want to go down. In any case, if it is something we have caught it early, so there is a bit of a silver lining.

Driving cross-country to pick up my MIL here in a couple of weeks. She had a stroke while visiting relatives (yeah, all the way across the country). I think we will make it a family trip. MIL is recovering well, maybe some minor effects that may last a bit but overall very functional for such a major thing to happen. I feel for my wife who has to deal with her own medical predicament as well as her Mother's. Another reason to be present.

Have a wonderful 4th of July for all. I appreciate the kind words of support. Oh, yes and the breakfast [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Please sign me up for another 24.

Comment

Our day yesterday wasn't quite as quiet I I thought it would be. It turns out we had some bottle rockets and some other things left over from past years which the grandkids found. on a shelf out in the garage So, Mr. D was busy making some noise! We had some burgers and hot dogs on the grill, potato salad and baked beans, your basic 4th of July fare...no booze tho! Lemonade, iced tea and soft drinks. Some fun down at the pond. Hope everyone had a nice day.

I hope that you get to feeling much better today, Rava!

Thanks for that 4th of July "card" and wonderful breakfast, Cowboy. You're the best!

Greetings Jude, Ginger, Techie, BigAl and QW! Loved the quote, QW.

I am going in for a crown today and prep for a second crown as well. Not looking forward to it, but "this too shall pass"....

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                  Last edited by dill; July 5, 2021, 05:40 AM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Morning cafe friends!

I have to be in to work early, and of course, it's the one day that I slept in!

24 more please!

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good luck at the dentist's [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Crowns aren't as bad as root canals, but root canals usually go along with crowns lol.
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning and good luck at the dentist Dill. Nothing is ever cheap there no matter what you have done! Feeling much better and thanks for the well wishes. I wake up this morning to beautiful sunshine but hurricane warning until 1 pm. So far so good! Last night we heard fireworks and rode our bikes to see them. In years past, I slept right thru the fireworks. So this is progress!! Quite spectacular. QW glad you are doing well and posting. Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Glad you’re feeling better Rava, hope Mr R is feeling better too. I have this theory that men are not in fact babies when it comes to illnesses. We actually do suffer more! Ladies, before you beat up on me, I’m only kidding.

Off to see the chiropractor this morning, looking forward to it.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Turns out we have a lovely view of the fireworks display put on by the city of Selah. It went on about 20 minutes. Can't even imagine what that cost!

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], hoping you hear something soon about your wife's biopsy. The waiting is the worst.

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], glad you're on the mend. Bummer about the hubby though. Guess you knew it would make the rounds. :/

Hope everyone here has an easy day. I was a little wobbly last night but managed to overcome the desire to "celebrate" the fourth with AL. Thinking of all of you really helps! I'll take another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those being fitted for a crown. Well, you are all Royalty to me. I tee off at 9:30 this morning. It’s another HOT day here. We are extremely concerned about this current drought situation, especially in regard to wildfire. We are in an area considered high risk. Since my home is on a golf course which is a natural fire break, the insurance companies still gouge us. We have been dropped by six insurers in the past 10 years.
                                So, another 24 for me. Have a wonderful day. Blessings x

Hope you dental procedure goes smoothly, [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Glad you are on the mend [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and happy to read your posts [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. You sound much more positive, considering the challenges you & family face. That is simply wonderful progress!
                                Last edited by techie; July 5, 2021, 10:18 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Working...
                                X