~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good afternoon Cafe friends. Had a great fourth, the kids shot off fireworks, we grilled bison (very lean, hard to grill). It was good to be able to spend time with my family, no booze involved.

Had some good news, the biopsy came back non-malignant. It took so long because it is a very rare type of lesion that will show up every time on an MRI looking like something serious, so the Doc's double and triple checked to make sure that they all agreed they hit the target and agreed on the results. So that's a load off, very happy about that. My wife is now trying to decide what she wants to do, and how this could affect future screenings / testing. Maybe just cut it out, maybe just leave it. It will take a few consults I'm sure before we decide on that course of action, but a much easier thing to think about and talk about than the alternative. My thanks to all who sent thoughts and good vibes our way, we both greatly appreciate it.

I'm feeling well; confident in my stage of alcohol freedom. I tend to dwell on regret a little too much, replaying embarrassing or negative life episodes over in my head. But, I am also letting that feeling just pass on. It's there, I can't stop it, but I don't have to let it sit and fester. It can move on through my mind like log in a river.

Anyway, thanks again everyone. 24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

That's great news about your wife's biopsy results [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! What a huge relief for both of you!

Sitting on the back porch with my coffee listening to thunder rolling through the valley. It's raining hard, and I sure wish that I could send some your way [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION].

Good job saying no to the booze [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!

24 more please...

Comment

Good morning and best news ever Big Al! So happy for you and your wife. What a relief. Ginger, beautiful picture. It must have been spectacular!!! QW you had me laughing out loud about suffering more. Too funny. So today is our Tropical Storm Elsa day. Supposed to be high winds and lots of rain. We shall see. Wishing everyone a great day with no booze! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's fantastic news [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! Hopefully the pressure is off now on making a decision on what to do with the lump that is there.

What a beautiful place to view the fireworks [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Another reason to love your new home!

Hopefully things went well at the dentist [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

You can send some rain our way as well [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] since we are kind enough to send our heat wave to the east lol.
            Last edited by abcowboy; July 6, 2021, 06:36 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Awesome news Big Al! Congrats on enjoying the 4th af, proof you can enjoy life without booze.

Glad my “men suffer more” comment brought you a good laugh Rava! I once asked a nurse, after a minor procedure performed by her husband/doctor, if I could get a note for a week off work. Having heard my men suffer more comment, she said she could arrange a wheelchair if I wanted!

Off to a medical appointment for Mrs QW this morning, first of several this month. At least we’re close to her doctors and don’t have a 45 minute drive each way like we used to.

Great photo Ginger! Thanks for sharing. Techie, congrats on the house decision.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], that is fabulous news! Yay!!! Great job staying AF through that.

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], how's the tooth? I always say, I don't mind the dentist, I just hate the bill! Dang, that work is costly. Work is much cheaper in AZ because they have to compete with Mexico doctors/prices. In Mexico, it's usually 10% of what it is in the US but of course, they don't pay the costly malpractice insurance like US docs do.

Busy day today. Happy to be doing it unhung. Hope everyone has an easy day! 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and men who suffer. Such wonderful news [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. Congratulations. I had the worst golf outing yesterday. It was the heat. Next week I will bring an extra liter of water w/ electrolytes. It is going to be extremely hot the next ten days. Over 100 f. So, as I sit in AC bliss it’ll be another 24 for moi. Have a great day folks. Blessings x
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Late check in for me! I had to take Mr. D to a medical procedure very early this morning which threw me off.

Thanks for all the dental well wishes. All is well. I have a new crown and it is great! Lots of numbing ahead of it so I was OK. You may all now bow when you post to me and refer to me as 'queen'!

Such great news BigAl!

24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. It sounds like everyone is busy weathering storms, enjoying coffee, and generally staying busy. I had an early meeting this morning that went into early afternoon. I must say that it felt so very good to be clear headed and on top of my work.

Tonight is a coffee roasting night. We ran out of the good stuff this morning and had to make a pot out of the "back up coffee" from the store. Ugh. I hope everyone had a wonderful day today. It is a blessing to be AF. So, 24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

Glad that your dental procedure went well Queen dill!
                        [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], how do you manage to golf in 100+ degree weather! I'd melt by the first hole!

Another stormy, hot day today. I'm starting work with a new client this morning, and I sure hope that she has air-conditioning!

I'm in for another AF day!

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I think I like "Your Highness" better [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] lol

You roast your own coffee [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]? Would love to hear all about that!

Hope things go well with the new client today [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, I too would like to learn about your coffee roasting procedures. We support a local roaster but would love to be able to roast our own. Agreed, store bought, commercially made coffee is best for emergency back up!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning and happy Wednesday. Queen Dill I love that name!!! It sounds like everyone in here is doing well. I too am on the mend but convinced that I recently had the Delta Variant of the Covid 19. Scary, very scary. They don’t test for that particular variant. Wow. Makes me not want to go out in public. This whole covid thing is like bioterrism like we read in movies. With that said, I hope everyone has a great day and stay safe. No stinking drinking for me. That’s the last thing I need right now. Another 24 please.

Comment

Working...
                                X