~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Ah ha! [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! That's what was on my mind when I asked about testing. I didn't know they don't test for that. Is that just a Florida thing? Otherwise, how would they know the number of delta cases? Is this bug going through your complex? Curious minds want to know!

Your highness [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], so glad your crown is done!

Anyone hear from Pauly?

Taking the gkids to breakfast today. Sitting outside listening to the thunderstorms roll through. Praying they pass through without starting a fire. Ugh

I'll gladly take another 24!

Comment

Thank you loyal subjects for all your good wishes.

I too am curious now about coffee roasting! I didn't know that was something folks even did at home! Sorry BigAl, but you can't drop something like that and not expect questions. We are a curious bunch! When and why did you start roasting your own?

I hope your new client has AC Jude! You'll have to let us know. I think almost everyone has it these days.

Ginger, I hope you get lots of rain with the thunderstorms so lightning doesn't catch anything on fire.

24 more please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and coffee roasters everywhere. Ok, I’m here to announce that I am officially sick of this heat wave. I just returned from the driving range and I’m exhausted. I was going to play nine holes by myself today but I’ll pass. One thing I will do is another sober 24. Have a wonderful day out there. Blessings x
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. Wow, I didn't realize there would be such interest in coffee! I have been roasting for a couple of decades and could talk your ear off about bean density vs heat rate while roasting, or dry vs wet process beans... Yes, I geek out on coffee. Anyway, I have a home roaster that will do a bit under a pound at a time, it only takes about 20 minutes to roast a batch, and I order green beans from an importer in Oakland, CA. They are small and really take the time to find good single source coffees from all over the world. You will never have a cup better than a three day old roast, ground well, and made with care.

If you are interested in any detail I would be more than happy to talk your ear off! But, I did put some pics in of green beans, my roaster, and some roasted beans. Other than that it was a great day, hot and humid here in the midwest, and completely alcohol free. I hope everyone had a wonderful day today, and please sign me up for another 24.

Comment

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], better to be a coffee geek than an alcohol geek! That's pretty cool that you roast your own coffee!
            [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], things went well with the new client yesterday. (yes, she does have AC) She is a lovely woman who is legally blind, and is in the early stages of dementia. She used to raise beef cattle and Arabian horses, so we had lots to talk about! I really enjoyed her company, but unfortunately this is a temporary account, as she is moving to California at the end of the summer. The only drawback is that it is a 60 mile round trip for me. Unfortunately, most of the available accounts are in or near Syracuse. I love where I live, but one of the drawbacks is that I am so far from things. Still, I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Have a great day everyone, and join me in another 24 hours of freedom!

Comment

My goodness, Jude! 60 miles is quite a drive! But I understand the willingness for the trade off. Of course my next question is: Mileage? Do they pay for it and the time of travel? Of course it's not my business, so don't reply if you don't care to do so. Just curious.

Thanks for the photos and the brief tutorial, BigAl. It looked like your roaster was built in? I can imagine just how good that coffee would taste. It would be hard to go back to store bought roasted beans once you got a taste of that!

Ginger, how did the storms go yesterday? We are in for some today. I'm hopeful for some real rain.

Are you feeling back to your old self yet, Rava?

24 more please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Big Al, very interesting. Thanks for the pictures. Ginger, there were 2 other people here that got sick. My hubby did not. I don’t think the Delta variant is only florida. Seems like its creeping out everywhere. My biggest concern is that even vaccinated no one is immune. Scary times for sure. Dill, yes I am feeling pretty good now. Thanks. The Tropical Storm is finally gone and the sun is shining. No stinking booze for me today. Another 24 please and thank you. Hope everyone has a great day. Hi to Cowboy, Jude, Techie, QW!

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Not sure how [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] is making out with her family issues. I see she is posting a bit on FB, but hasn't been on MWO since June 19th. Sure hope she gets things sorted out and joins us again.

Thanks for the info [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], it just might be a hobby that I would enjoy since I love my coffee!

I don't mind a bit of a drive each morning and night [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. It gives me a chance to get my head on straight for the workday ahead, and to clear my brain of work by the time I get back to Veg each day. It is definitely hard on the fuel consumption though lol.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Love the phrase “stinkin drinkin”!

Thanks for the info on coffee roasting Big Al. I had no idea that roasting coffee beans at home was a thing. I thought a few times that it would be a great business to start up, especially in a small town where we lived.

For about a year, I commuted 50 miles each way to work. As Cowboy said, it’s a great time to plan your day in the morning and unwind at the end of the day. I used a dictaphone on my morning commute and had a fair bit of work done by the time I got there. My poor secretary, as she was typing, occasionally heard some choice words I had for crazy drivers!

Today we’re having our dryer vent cleaned. Given the lack of maintenance by the previous occupants of our condo, I’m sure this hasn’t been done in too long. My evil twins, Frank & Blunt, delivered a letter to our condo board yesterday about the removal of trees. It’ll be interesting to see what they say.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                      Last edited by Quit wining; July 8, 2021, 07:46 AM.
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning, Cafe friends! Our thunderstorms were dry. Dang it, we need the rain so badly!

Busy day so quick fly by.... 24 for me, please!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and lengthy commuters. I’m having training issues due to the excessive heat wave. My runs and bike rides are shortened. My swimming has improved. If I feel I won’t be competitive in The Malibu Triathlon, I may withdraw. This will be a first, but I’m ok with it. The disappointment is I was considering this my last full length competition. So, enough of that. Another 24 for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Techie, I'm sorry that you are contemplating a withdrawal from your triathlon. I understand the logic, but that sucks. QW, I laughed out loud at your post. For many years I had a long commute and carried a small recorder with me, because all of my best thoughts seemed to occur either in the shower or on my commute. Unfortunately, I was my own secretary!

The COVID Delta variant is starting to really run the numbers up here. Lots of positive cases and growing every day. It seems as though the folks who were vaccinated are seeing a mild case when they do get it, but those who did not get a jab are starting to take the hospitals back up toward capacity in some of the surrounding counties. I saw an article that Pfizer is submitting for a booster that should help. We shall see.

For those who were intrigued by the coffee roasting, it is not that hard. My roaster is one I bought about ten years ago and works very well (dill, I think I just had a very poor picture and it looked like it was a built in!). I buy green coffee beans for at least half the price of store bought, so I have paid for the roaster already several times over just in that (and fresh roast is 10x better). Mine is a Behmor 2000+.

Anyway, good day today. Lot's of meetings but I feel very clear headed and able to actually navigate my way through the corporate craziness without stumbling. It's just crazy how deeply alcohol affected my ability to function well. The other crazy thing is how much we are surrounded by a constant pressure to drink. At least every commercial break has some booze on it. The yoga class i am looking at starting has "wine yoga" on the second Wednesday of every month. Really? Wine yoga? That seems almost antithetical to my understanding of yoga.

24 more for me please and thanks. I hope everyone had a wonderful day today.

Comment

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], I know what you mean about booze and commercials. Sometimes it can be a real trigger for me, and I often just have to walk away from the tv when those ads come on.
                              [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I am not paid for mileage to and from a job. If I take a client to run errands or to doctors appointments, the company pays me a dollar per mile. If has gas prices keep going up, I may be better off staying home!

Sure hope that Pauly is doing OK...

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X