~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Quick check in for me today. 24 hours of freedom will be great!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your fil cowboy. Hopefully, he can be moved to a better facility soon.

Ginger, at least you stopped at 2 glasses of wine. No way could I have done that!

QW, you sound a lot like my hubby. With him, Frank and Blunt are always ready to do battle when the need arises.

I'll be doing a rain dance for all of you that need it!

Looking forward to an af Sunday, and wishing the same for all of my friends at the cafe!

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Breakfast is coming right up!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks everybody, it is just one day at a time for a lot of things in life, not just recovery...

You have to do that rain dance a lot longer [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], we only had about 3 minutes of light rain last night lol.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We have some much needed rain in our forecast but not likely enough to help farmers. Techie, been watching news coverage of the drought, forest fire and earthquake situation in California. Scary! Stay safe!!!

Jude, nice to know Mr J has Frank & Blunt as buddies too! Last week, I closed a bank account at the financial institution I dealt with for 45 years and I expected Frank & Blunt might make an appearance but the person never asked why I was closing the account. Yesterday I received an email request to complete a survey on my recent experience dealing with the bank. I replied there would be a $50 service charge for responding! Guess I won’t hear anymore about the survey!

Thanks for brekkie Cowboy, great way to start an af Sunday!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for breakfast Cowboy. So very sorry about your FIL. He is in the position that I’m sure he would not want to be in. That scares the crap outta me as I age. Ginger, glad you could stop at 2. When I get in my “I think I’m Normal” moods I can not stop at 2 maybe 4? UGH. Anyway planning on a sober day today. Lots of the condo residents feel their oats on sundays so I can watch but not participate. The heat here is pretty intense. I’m learning to do everything in the mornings and by evening we usually have rain. This is a new lifestyle. Hope everyone has a great sunday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Sadly, we had a fire come through about 4 miles behind us last night. The fire crews were amazing as usual and were able to get it out but not before some people had to evacuate their homes. No losses though, thank goodness! Lots of smoke this morning so no outdoor coffee time. I'm in for another 24!

Comment

Glad you’re safe Ginger!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I'm glad you are safe, Ginger! I can't believe all the frightening weather everyone is having to deal with. Just regular weather going on here in Ohio. We actually need more rain, but I'm not complaining..... Rava, I'd be happy if I could even stop at 4! The only thing that stops me is when there is an empty bottle (or box).

QW, I too am weary of everyone always requesting us to respond to a survey! Every time you visit the doctor of have a procedure done at the hospital they seem to want you to fill out a survey. Ugh. I think I'll try your idea out! Hey, maybe they'll take you up on it and pay you for the time and feedback! They really ought to!

Cowboy, I am sure sorry your FIL is having to go thru such a rapid and steep decline. It must be very hard on Bubba and you.

24 more hours of freedom, please and thank you.
                      Last edited by dill; July 11, 2021, 11:01 AM.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Cowboy breakfast lovers. Another excessive heat warning for today, 109f. I was out early & walked the golf course with my dog, Maddie. Lots of deer, geese, heron, and wild turkeys there to greet us. Glad I was up and out before the first tee time. Canceled my Monday golfing due to the heat. I’m thinking about writing another book. While I do enjoy writing, the process can be overwhelming at times. Scary stuff, Ginger. So, another XXIV for moi. Have a wonderful day. Blessings x
                        Last edited by techie; July 11, 2021, 11:04 AM. Reason: Typo
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Well, my rain dance worked! Heavy rains here last night, and it's still coming down hard. Certain areas are even under flash flood warnings. Unfortunately, it appears as though you folks that need it the most aren't getting any rain. I'll have to come up with some better rain dance moves.

That's so scary about the fires being so close to you [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Hopefully, it was contained before it did too much damage!

Write that book [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! What would it be about?

I also hate doing surveys, and unless the service provided was really outstanding, I never fill them out.

I'm in for another 24...

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

That fire was close [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Can't imagine how scary that would be!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Amazing pictures Ginger. So scary 4 miles is not that far away. We have wildfires here near the Everglades and my phone alerts me to how much acreage is involved and how contained the fire is. Scary for sure. Techie, writing is definitely easier than marathon training. Probably less hard on your body for sure. Hope everyone has a great day today. I’m off to the dentist. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X