Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Well, my request for $50 to complete the survey my bank wanted was declined, so I unsubscribed and hopefully won’t be bothered in the future. I wonder if they’ll notice or care when my remaining accounts are moved to another institution. Probably not.
    I feel sorry for people working in banks because of the immense pressure to sell services, whether the client needs them or not. And banks want all or as much of your business as they can get, as you likely know. Want to know why? Beyond the obvious answer of profits, it’s because the more services you have, the more hassle it is to switch to another bank when they piss you off.

Techie, what genre of books do you write? I’ve been taking advantage of the library in our condo building and in the past month have read about 6 books, most written by Lee Child and Tom Clancy. Great way to get and spend some alone time.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Well, after a good bit of sober time under my belt I fell to the beast on Saturday. Nothing crazy, certainly more than the two that Ginger is able to manage, but in any case it put an end to a length of sobriety that I was proud of and worked hard for. And, being very good at administering self-loathing and disappointment, I just rolled around in my own negativity yesterday and withdrew (seems like this is also one of my strong points). But, I can't let that one evening smash what was a pretty good run. Ugh.

24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and rainmakers. I write non fiction, QW. Books about spirituality, pursuits of the soul. Articles about sports & men health. We have all been there [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. It will stick when the realization hits that alcohol does not fit in your life anymore. At least that was the case fir me. I’m sure others have wisdom to share. So, another 24 for me. Have a wonderful sober day. Blessings x
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and rainmakers. I write non fiction, QW. Books about spirituality, pursuits of the soul. Articles about sports & men’s health. We have all been there [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. It will stick when the realization hits that alcohol does not fit in your life anymore. At least that was the case fir me. I’m sure others have wisdom to share. So, another 24 for me. Have a wonderful sober day. Blessings x
          Last edited by techie; July 13, 2021, 12:38 AM. Reason: Typo
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Late check in here. I had one of those early morning appointments I was helping my gf get to. I really enjoy doing it, but it just messes with my routine. Not a problem really. Hope all are safe and well!

24 more please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], get back on the :horse:!

Another 24please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Glad you came right back Big Al. Self loathing has no purpose. We beat ourselves up enough for ordinary stuff. I stopped counting the days a long time ago. It does not work for me. Too many day 1’s. It will eventually stick and for me unstick and I keep coming back. I don’t want to drink period. Yet here I am trying each day to stay sober. We all know that being sober is much better than being drunk. We slay the freaking beast every day. Some days are just harder than others. Keep coming back. We are here fighting with you. My little dog fell off the bed last night and seems to be a little sore. I will watch him today and take him to the vet if he gets worse. He fell hard into the bed frame and scared the life outta me. Nothing feels broken and he is 11 so maybe he is just bruised. Hope everyone has a great day today. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Last edited by abcowboy; July 13, 2021, 06:26 AM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's not failure [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], just a setback. As long as you learn, move forward, and never give up.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dry, warm weather continues and farmers have already said it’s too late to save some crops.

Big Al, glad you’re right back with your friends in the Cafe. Always remember, we win every day we don’t drink and the beast loses.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Rava, I really appreciated your thoughtful post. may've have been meant for BigAl, but it hit the mark for me as well. Hope your little dog feels better soon.

24 more please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Morning ya'll. Realized just now, I forgot to check in yesterday. I drove my sister to an out of town med appt. All is well with her but I'm struggling. My cat and I were playing and she bit/scratched me right before we headed out of town. I ended up in the ER where my sister's procedure was scheduled. I'm on strong oral antibiotics and may need to go back today for IV antibiotics. Good times!

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I wonder if I've read any of your books. I love self help books!

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], great job coming right back. We will all get there eventually, if we keep coming back!

Greetings to everyone. I'll gladly take another 24.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and drought haters everywhere. Not sure if you read my work, [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. More likely, it would be one of several anthologies I’m published in. However, there is a very good chance you’ve read one of Mrs. Techie’s books. I’m heading out on a long bike ride in much more pleasant temp this morning. Sending loving healing light to the injured, human or otherwise. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. I appreciate the support. I've been thinking about what causes these lapses. I was absolutely solid in my quit, had a good number of days under my belt and woke up Saturday morning with absolutely no intent to drink. My therapist talks about how the decision to drink starts to happen long before the action occurs. This is just not true with me. I went from steadfast to in transit to the liquor store in about 30 seconds. And it is like my alcohol mind hijacks my non-alcohol mind and before I know it I am engaging in behavior that I am trying really hard not to engage in.

Some of it is loneliness I think. My wife is working A LOT. The kids are either working or just disappearing to friends over the summer break. I spend a lot of time at home alone (still working from home for the most part). I have nothing to fill that space. I know that I should have something, but I don't. I know a lot of folks who would kill for some time alone with themselves. Maybe I just have a bit too much of it. I don't know, just stream-of-consciousness posting I guess. Sober day today, and I am looking forward to 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

Well, I just lost a long post, and now have to get ready for work. Lots of rain last night, so I may have to swim there!

Hope that you are feeling better today Ginger!

24 more please!

Comment

Working...
                                X