No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Being alone is not a good thing for me either [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], so I try and stay busy with work and this heat wave has been helping me stay busy. Otherwise I fill my spare time with reading, spending time with Hank, or working on my train set. Try and find some sort of hobby that can keep those thoughts pushed to the back of your mind.

Hope you're healing up [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, I hope you get better soon. Must have been a bad bite to require an ER visit. YIKES!!! Big Al, you are not alone in your impulse behavior. I can go from 0 to 10 in seconds and end up drinking. I don’t think it’s always pre planned. Your therapist probably doesn’t have first hand experience like we do. I can be driving and be 100% committed to sobriety and suddenly I’m pulling in a liquor store and innocently buying a bottle of wine. That is completely insane but true. So everyday that I don’t drink is a successful day. Anyway hope everyone is doing well. My little dog is better. Thank goodness he didn't break anything when he fell. OK I hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Yikes, Ginger! I hope you heal up quickly!

Sorry you lost your post, Jude. I hate it when that happens!

I used to like time alone, but I am changing I think. Now being alone is not something I enjoy so much. Perhaps it is because I have so much alone time due to retirement. Today and the next few days will be filled with a visit from our daughter and grandson! Looking forward to it!

24 more please and thank you.
          Last edited by dill; July 14, 2021, 06:58 AM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I would like more alone time. Since downsizing into the condo, there’s no place to be alone. That’s the main reason why I go for a walk every morning. It’s time to myself.

Jude, can you please send us some rain? Ginger, sorry you needed an ER visit, trust you’re healing well. Dill, have a wonderful visit with your daughter and grandson. We’re looking forward to the day when we can have our family come for a visit. I bought ice cream for the grandkids - Shark Attack it’s called - not sure what it’ll taste like but I’m sure they’ll love it.

I watched yesterday as the scissor lift manoeuvred amongst trees to wash our part of the building. I’m no expert but it seems to me that removing the trees by our balcony was unnecessary. Still no response from the condo board to my letter where I calmly expressed my annoyance at having our enjoyment quality and property value decreased without our knowledge or consent. Frank and Blunt are waiting in case they’re needed!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone. We’re meeting our dil’s Mom for coffee this morning at one of our favourite places - Pies Plus.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

On the mend! Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Busy day here. I'll be looking forward to 24 more.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and especially those of us on the mend. Thinking of you Ginger. I have such a busy day ahead. Appointments in two different towns and dinner out with another couple. Slightly better temps today. BTW, when I have spare time, or feel any sense of loneliness, I take a few slow deep breaths and I ask my soul or spirit guidance. Anybody can do this I also journal (a great source of inspiration) or create a blog for my website. Mindful meditation is another strategy I use when I’m in overwhelm. I realize this isn’t for everyone but I would encourage you to try it. I care deeply about all of you. As I say often, self care is how we take our power back. So, I will gratefully accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

P.S. Give yourself the same amount of attention you give to other and watch yourself bloom!
                Last edited by techie; July 14, 2021, 09:19 AM. Reason: Added comment
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Great advice [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], especially in the early days of sobriety. I like the way you think!

Glad that you are on the mend Ginger!

Wish that I could send you some of this rain QW. Today looks to be the only dry day of the week. The drive home from work yesterday was not fun. It was raining so hard that I had to pull off to the side of the road several times. I couldn't see a thing! Some of the roads that I had to travel on had started to flood, but thankfully I made it home without having to use a paddle.

Asking for another "dry" day, both literally and figuratively!

Comment

5:37am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, the storms here pop up unexpectedly and if driving it is crazy. Scary when you can’t see and people are still flying by you. glad you are on the mend. Techie I need to practice some meditation and will have to read up on it. Hi to Dill, QW, Big AL, Jude, Cowboy. Hope everyone has a great and safe day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Our air quality isn’t great right now thanks to smoke from forest fires burning in British Columbia, Washington, Idaho and Montana. Another early walk is planned.

We had a very enjoyable get together with our dil’s Mom yesterday, first time we’ve seen her in over a year. She’s been awaiting hip replacement surgery which has been postponed several times because of Covid, now scheduled for September. Poor woman has severe mobility issues and is in constant pain.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hope everyone has an easy AF day! I'll gladly take another AF day.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and new meditators. Lovely morning here. Off with the dog and some fresh air. Have a wonderful day. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning cafe!

Sign me up for another 24 please!

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Working...
                                X