No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:42am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'll get breakfast set out and then I'll be back...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good Sunday Morning and thanks for breakfast Cowboy! I also agree with you QW. Keep our nurses. Politicians keep getting richer and never seem to get out of office. They stay for life…. Term Limits for everyone!!! Don’t get me started. Another day in the 90s ahead with storms and more storms. Will probably go to Lowes and get some stuff for the condo. No exciting plans for today. Another 24 please and thank you! Hope everyone has a restful Sunday!

Comment

Funny how our minds work [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], when I read your post the first thing that came to mind is that I don't care for canned vegetables lol. We haven't had a garden for years, and we can buy all kinds of fresh vegetables from the farmer's market, but very seldom are we bothered to go to it. Most of our vegetables are of the frozen variety. I'd pick frozen vegetables over canned any day, but fresh is obviously the best!

Adam and Darcie are officially homeless lol. They stopped in yesterday to drop the last load off to store here that the movers won't move or store. The movers were there Friday and emptied the house and will keep everything in storage for them till Aug 5 when they move into their new place. They are going to stay with Darcie's aunt for a few days next week then they are headed to the lake for holidays. When their holidays are over they'll be settled into their new home!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I was thrilled to find blueberries from British Columbia at our local grocery store and as a bonus, they were on sale. In the past, I’ve frozen about 25 pounds of blueberries to share with family and enjoy over the winter. Nothing like blueberry pancakes in January! Our new freezer is half the size of the one we sold with our old house so I only froze 10 pounds. With climate affecting crops everywhere, I was just happy to get some.
            Hopefully there will still be room for our beef order.

Another awesome brekkie Cowboy, thanks!

Big Al, great to hear from you. Safe travels!

Techie, glad the treatment worked. I wonder if there would be benefits for those of us living with arthritis. I dislike cortisone shots but will likely have some since they offer relief for a few months. I was hoping CBD oil would help but it hasn’t.

Off for a walk in the smoke. Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

CBD didn't help my arthritis either, QW but it does seem to mellow me out so I'll keep taking it for now.

Safe travels, BigAl. ABC, thanks for brekkie!

Off to golf with the older gkids this morning. Hope everyone has a great day. I'll take 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Cowboy breakfast lovers, including moi. So, CBD is a tricky one. You may need a different product or more powerful one or an increased dosage. Try different things. For my carpal tunnel issue, I find the need to use both an investable oil and a topical cream. The cryogenic therapy units do help arthritis. The extreme cold also boost the immune system. I was up very early today. Meditation done and now off on the bike. I’ll take another grateful 24. I wish you all a wonderful day. Blessings x

Have fun golfing [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]
                Last edited by techie; July 18, 2021, 08:47 AM.
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Seems like I've been hit or miss with the posting. due to our visitors. I'm glad to see everyone is doing well. The weather has been wet for us but it looks like a few good haymaking days are coming up this week. Our hay guy missed the first cutting altogether due to weather and scheduling issues. He's cutting today. Sorry to hear about your reduced hay crop, cowboy!

I actually like store bought canned tomatoes and don't really mind the canned green beans. Fresh or frozen on everything else. Veggie gardens around here are doing really well this year altho it has been hard to keep ahead of the weeds! One more week until some fresh sweet corn!!!

Our daughter and grandson left yesterday but my granddaughter has been staying with us too so I've been busy. That's what kept me from my usual routines. But, I stole a moment here this morning to sign in for another 24 and I hope we all reach that beautiful goal!!
                  Last edited by dill; July 18, 2021, 09:41 AM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good evening cafe friends. Two ten hour driving days in a row and safely in New Jersey of all places. Tomorrow is a day of rest and then my son and I head back on Tuesday. Too much driving? Sorry for the short post but I only have my cell. 24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

Thanks for breakfast yesterday cowboy! I'm usually up too early to have it fresh off the griddle, but I always come back for leftovers!

QW, the blueberry crop here is ready for picking, and I can't wait to get out and pick some! Yum!

The rain has finally stopped. Yay!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

It's nice to have the kids and gkids visit [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

That is a lot of driving just to turn around and do it again [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We had our son the chef/butcher visit yesterday for the first time since we moved in. He was quite impressed with our condo and it’s amenities. And of course, he went home with a care package. Quite often when I shop, it’s as if our 3 boys are still at home so our pantry is usually full. Our 2 sons in Calgary regularly benefit from these care packages and it feels good to us to share.

Another day with poor air quality, Hope a strong wind blows the smoke away.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Monday! Headed out next Saturday for a week on the Oregon coast with family. Can't wait to get out of the heat. In the meantime, off for a pool day with the gkids!

24 more for me!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I’m humbly asking for 24 hours. I blew it last night. Sometimes I get sick and tired of fighting the freaking beast every single day. UGH. I will never be normal. It’s exhausting sometimes. Feeling great one day and horrible the next. I have come right back tho because I do not want to continue drinking again today. I do know that life is better without being drunk. Thanks for listening!

Comment

Working...
                                X