No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:31am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] Ginger999 [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's great to have you back Pauly!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

QW, big congrats to you and Mrs. Q!

Welcome back, Pauly!

24 more please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes! Hard to believe it’s been 47 years, have no idea where the time went, just that it went quickly.

PAULY, GREAT TO SEE YOU BACK!!!!

Off for a walk, then grocery shopping followed by a doctors appointment for Mrs QW. PD seems to have no end of side effects.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Anniversary QW,47 years Is amazing 5:47 am in Vegas another 24 have a great day all!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

47 years is awesome, QW. Congrats to you and Mrs. QW.

Antabuse sounds terrible! Dill, sorry that happened.

No commitments today so guess I'll start packing and enjoy another AF day! 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and anniversary celebrant. Happy Anniversary to you QW. It’s like a broken record, but yet another scorcher today. Meditation is done. Doggie walk is done, so now I bike.. Another 24 for moi. Have a wonderful day. Blessings x
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Another 24 for me please and thanks. ~2600 miles in five days. MIL seems to be recovering well from her stroke.

Comment

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], glad that your MIL is recovering! Some people never come back after having a stroke.
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I too, struggle with having too much time on my hands and thoughts of booze. I can't remember if you were doing any volunteer work or not, but I know that it helps a lot of people after they retire.

Another blissful 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

Rava, I second Jude's suggestion to try and find some new volunteer work for a time filler. I have my hospital volunteer job today and it truly does help having it as an anchor of sorts.

Glad your MIL is doing better, BigAl. And I can't imagine all those miles!!

24 more please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:37am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Happy to hear that your mil is on the mend [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! That's definitely a ton of miles in such a short time!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill and Jude I do have a volunteer job and I can work as much or as little as I want. My problem is from 4 - 7 pm. Thats when I crave it the most. Sometimes it is almost unbearable. This morning I dumped out the entire bottle that was left from a few days ago. Its much easier to not have it within my reach. Of course when the craving gets too much I simply drive to the store. That’s where I need to find a hobby or something else to do during that particular time. I’m still fighting it and choose to not drink so I stay here and keep fighting. We are going away to visit my daughter for the weekend so hopefully that will not trigger me more. She is not a drinker and neither is Mr. R. So thats a good thing. I come from a long line of drunks and I need to break this cycle. Wishing everyone a great day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

After waiting for 6 weeks, the stucco repairs and painting of our balcony was finally done yesterday and our patio furniture is back where it belongs - out of our living room.

Another day, another doctors appointment. I thought I was going to have to take Mrs QW to emergency the night before last because she was having considerable pain. We’re looking for answers to the side effects that keep showing up. Hopefully today’s appointment will shed light on the situation.

I’m hoping we’re able to have a winter escape to Mexico this winter. I looked online at the website for our favourite resort last night which means I’ll be calling our travel agent later today to get started.

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Rava,seems summer has been a tricky time for you this year,I've been noticing lots of beach themed,happy,alcohol commercials this year makes it look so enticing but I figure they get us during the holidays with those commercials too,different having an alcohol prob as opposed to drugs cuz alcohol is everywhere,keep your head up and stick to what you know you want Dill,I drank on Antabuse before too,I didn't get sick but I got really really hot and it felt like my liver hurt super bad! QW,hope you can getaway this winter,I have a California trip planned for September but with the way covid is going I might hafta call it off,still haven't made it home to see my family this summer either,money got cut tight with some problems with my son(which is why I haven't posted in a bit) also I'm scared I'd drink,my family is an enormous trigger and now so is my hometown when I think of my 2 lost siblings,I don't even wanna look at that place much love to all and wishes for a wonderful AF day!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X