~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Happy to report a sober night last night. This morning Mr. R and I are sitting by the water with our coffees. Pauly, hope your sons issues get resolved without any problems. Jude. Glad you had a nice visit with your family. QW sounds like you live in a busy area. Techie, no thanks to that machine but glad you can do it. Hope everyone has a great Saturday. Another 24 for me please and thanks so much!!!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It’s a nice kind of tired having a little one around, eh Jude. We found when our grandkids would visit for a weekend, it would take us a few days to recover.

We had a short visit with our son, dil and grandkids last evening. Mrs QW was feeling well enough to make carrot cake so we took them some. I heard they planned to “hammer” it for breakfast this morning.

Cowboy, you’ll undoubtedly miss Gene but think of the impact you had on his life, helping him quit drinking. And being sober for 4 years likely helped him live longer.

Off for another walk in chewable air.

Have a great af Saturday everyone.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Dang it! Lost my post.

Hoping for 24 more!

Comment

I'm glad your friend passed away with 4 years under his belt Cowboy, at least he had a more aware and awake last few years of his life rather than haze,RIP Gene also hope your other neighbor can stay sober,those detours are brutal,amazing that alcohol causes so many problems with our health it's mind boggling how accepted the poison is,Jude glad you git to play with the baby and visit for a few days QW,glad Mrs QW had the energy to make carrot cake,that stuff is truly one of the best but underrated cakes of all the types,glad you got to visit with your kids as well,waves to all and wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and environment saddened Californians. Yep, another H O T one. I am extremely concerned about the far reaching impact of the drought here. Farmers are not getting the water needed to sustain crops. This will be an economic and environmental crisis of significant magnitude that will have worldwide ramifications. Here is where the current state of affairs breaks apart for me. Science has proven mans ability to create rain. There are desert areas that have been turned fertile not by nature but by man. Why the F are they not creating rain here? While I do not have paranoid or conspiracy theory inclinations, it makes me wonder.
            Here is another technique utilizing nano clay, but they don’t use it here to help farmland!

Nanoclay: the liquid turning desert to farmland

In other news, meditation done, run is finished, and time to blog for our website. Another 1440 for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Vale Gene
            Last edited by techie; July 24, 2021, 10:26 AM. Reason: Added link
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks for that link, Techie. Quite an interesting and amazing story. We humans continue to 'live and learn' and apply new solutions to problems, a great number of which are also caused by we humans. I suspect we haven't brought that technology here because it is very new and we haven't actually been needing to look into it and apply it until more recently? Just a guess.

Thanks for the pics, Ginger and Rava. Both were lovely. Sorry you lost your post, Ginger!

Cowboy, I agree with QW that you had an incredibly positive impact on Gene's life. It sounds like when he came to you he had already decided. We all know how important that step is!! But I am sure that you helped him tip the scales toward the actual commitment by demonstrating the up-side of the sober life and by giving him avenues to explore. I hope your other friend is able to make that leap, but in his current condition I believe it will be more difficult... Maybe when he is feeling a bit better you could give him another call or visit.

Keeping busy here with a small project for a club I belong to. They are wanting to make a small quilted wall hanging and have asked each member to donate a 6" square to be included. I'm really glad to have the project because I have been struggling lately with feeling kind of down.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
              Last edited by dill; July 25, 2021, 05:37 AM.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your friend cowboy. As others have said, at least the last 4 years of his life were sober ones. I would say that you definitely had an impact on his decision to quit drinking.
                [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], the rain is coming down in buckets this morning. I'll see if I can send some your way!

Thanks for the pics Rava and Ginger! It's nice to see the views where other folks live!

Sorry that you are struggling [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. I can PM my number if you ever need to talk. That also goes for anyone else here as well.

Carrot cake QW? It's my absolute favorite, and I'd be delighted if you would send me a piece!

24 more please...

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks Jude. :heartbeat: I may just take you up on that someday. Hopefully things will resolve here in short order. Sometimes the clouds just come and they usually pass. We got buckets of rain last night too! It was around 3 in the morning here.

I brought coffee and donuts this morning while we wait for the cafe to open. Help yourselves!

24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

The Café is open and breakfast is served!

But I did steal a couple of those donuts, thanks [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning and thanks for the donuts Dill. They will help us hold off until Cowboy makes us breakfast! LOL. Jude that is very sweet to offer your number. It shows how much we really do support each other without ever even meeting. We are a strong and supportive bunch. QW, please send carrot cake this way as well. Its all about food this morning. Cowboy so sorry about your friend Gene. You were a good support to him for sure. Techie as far as the drought you are so right. Why cant we get pipelines of water from flood zones to the desert. We ship oil everywhere. Here in Florida we get rain every single day during rainy season. Today we leave to head across the state back to our condo. Its been a great few days without alcohol. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

It was a very nice service yesterday, well over 250 people in attendance as well which was nice to see since the Covid restrictions have lifted. Lots of pics in his slideshow tribute of him and his four heavy horse team at different country fairs. He was quite a horseman and cattle rancher. Thanks for your thoughts everyone!

Comment

Cross post. Just saw your breakfast. Thanks Cowboy. Also glad the service went well. Sounds like he had many friends. Sending a pic of our little hotel view before we head back. Happy Sunday Friends.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another awesome brekkie, Cowboy. Glad I only had 1 donut before!

How can you not like carrot cake? It’s got two food groups - vegetables and icing! Apparently our grandson woke up early yesterday so he could devour the largest piece. And he did.

For our first family get together in our condo, hopefully soon, we’re having beef brisket and tomahawk steak, cooked by our son the chef. Can’t wait. It’ll just be nice to be together.

Another smokey walk awaits and it looks like another day of walking on egg shells.

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Sunday all,wishing us all a wonderful AF day!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X