X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

"Throw your heart over the fence and the rest will follow."
    ~Norman Vincent Peale

QW, I loved that quote you posted yesterday! So absolutely true and a great way to think of Recovery.

It's amazing how much our outlook improves once alcohol is out of our bodies and brains. The tricky part is keeping it that way! But as Cowboy and QW show us, it is possible!

24 more please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, safe travels home. Looking forward to seeing pics of beautiful Oregon. Hope you weren’t impacted by forest fires and smoke.

Back to the old stomping grounds today to pick up our beef order. One of my challenges for the day will be deciding what goes on the grill tonight!

Have a great af Saturday everyone. It’s a long weekend in most parts of Canada, enjoy it safely fellow Canucks.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Headed home! 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and weekend warriors. I have not mentioned this but perhaps it will generate some feedback. Both myself and Mrs Techie have not felt well since being vaccinated back in February/March. Symptoms have both (not all the same) intermittent sore throat, brain fog, body aches, chronic fatigue, etc. When I spoke to a college friend who is a internal medicine doctor in Dallas, he said he has been seeing folks with similar complaints. Yesterday, our massage therapist, an RN mentioned the same, but said doctors are afraid to confirm this as symptoms SIMILAR to what Long Haulers experience, but milder. We are both extremely concerned. I typically did my training with a high level of enthusiasm but it has been a struggle and completely drains me.

So, I will gratefully take another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. My son and I drove the old Bronco out to the farm this evening. Sat out on the back deck and listened to the cicadas and frogs. I miss the night noises at the farm, they bring back memories of my youth. The temps came way down today so it was a glorious evening to drive around on the gravel roads in an old truck with the top off and just enjoy the night.

Techie, I hate to hear that you and the misses are suffering symptoms. I don't seem to have any of the same issues, but to be honest, I have not been in the best state over these last few months to pay much attention to my body. On top of that, I think that if I added up a year of my physical exertion it would add up to one of your normal days. I do hope you figure out what is going on though.

Happy sober Saturday to everyone, and looking forward to 24 more.

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I'm sorry to hear that you and your wife are having these symptoms. Which vaccine did you get? I have also noticed an increase in headaches and fatigue since being vaccinated, but I'm not sure if it's caused by the vaccine or something else. I worry about the fact that the research on the covid vaccine was fast-tracked due to urgency of the situation. Most drugs take years to produce and must pass rigorous trials before being approved for public use. We shall see what happens down the road...

Another 24 and thank you!

Comment

5:43am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Rise and shine y'all, it's a new month!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the side effects you are both experiencing [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]. Bubba and I both had the Pfizer vaccine, second shot almost 1 month after the first, didn't experience any symptoms other than a sore arm. Hopefully your situations will improve over time...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I missed check in yesterday as we left early and went on a fishing trip. I caught one tiny fish but we had so much fun cruising all over the Gulf in a pontoon boat. Great day! Techie, your post spoke to me. I have been having the same issues especially scratchy throat since vaccinated. The body aches I attribute to old age. Interesting tho. Anyway thanks for breakfast Cowboy. I will need extra ketchup for those home fries! Congrats on 1 week. Big Al, you are doing great and moving along. I’m sure your wife will see the difference. She has probably immersed herself in her work over the years to cope with your drinking. Maybe things will change as she sees you change. Hi to Pauly, Dill, Jude, Ginger, QW. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We both had Moderna for both shots and had only minor sore arm pain. We too wondered about the speed at which the vaccines were developed. Amazing what can be accomplished when the will is there to make it happen. You have to wonder why other important diseases can’t be treated so effectively. Couldn’t have anything to do with big pharma and outrageous profits, could it?
                        I can’t believe that our province is not only doing away with Covid restrictions but in a couple of weeks will no longer be doing contact tracing, isolating and other measures designed to limit the spread. All of this while new case numbers are increasing. Covid isn’t finished with us yet folks.

Sunny, hot weather again today. Off for an early walk.

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
                        Last edited by Quit wining; August 1, 2021, 10:33 AM.
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Absolutely it's not finished QW,Las Vegas has had to issue a mask mandate that went into effect Friday,I myself never quit wearing mine cuz I don't trust people and don't want them breathing on me haha,this city was so concerned about jump starting the economy they drove us head first into being a Hotspot that people in other states are being told to avoid,I'm not the brightest crayon in the box but I knew going whole hog was a bad idea,70,000 people at a garth brooks concert not a mask in sight,not to mention all the other events no thanks for me yet,anyhoo hope everyone has a happy AF Sunday!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings! It's lovely to be home. Dense smoke here in the valley from all the fires. No sitting outside this morning.

Techie, we had the normal sore arm but later I experienced brain fog and continue to have joint pain beyond my normal. My RN sil says she's seeing this in her college students too. Keeping fingers crossed its temporary!

We had a great trip but bil came down with a sore throat the last day. He immediately masked up and tried to get a test. None were available in Lincoln City! He's getting tested this morning. Ugh....

I was naughty last night so I'm hoping I can get my head in the game today.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Cowboy breakfast lovers site wide. Than you for all the input re: vaccines. I strongly believe the symptoms we and others are exhibiting will come to light. While it is a PITA, it is also manageable. I do hope it ebbs shortly. If I haven’t mentioned before I have canceled my spot in the Malibu Triathlon. A friend told me lists of competitors are dropping out due to Delta being so rampant in the LA area. Smart. Meditation done. Doggie walk done. Big plans for dinner involving two prime grass fed NY Strip steaks. So, another XXIV for moi. I wish you all the best day & August possible. Blessings x
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Late check in for me. I've been busy with little projects around the house and working on another 24. I'm late to the discussion on the vaccine but don't have much to add. We had the Moderna and experienced arm soreness but that's about it. I have days when I am more foggy than usual but I don't think it's new. Had that before the vaccine!

24 more more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X