~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning! Congrats on day 10 Big Al. You are getting there again. Proud of you! Ginger, can you see the fires from your high top view?? Techie thanks for the book recommendation I saved it in my notes to take a look. I worked hard yesterday making Dilly Beans which are spicy canned green beans. They are quite good and should be completely ready in a few days. I have to keep busy during retirement or I easily get depressed. My motto is Fake it Till you Make It! Today is volunteer day at the thrift store. I guess I will bring my mask. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We finally got a bit of rain overnight but nowhere near what is needed. At least it cleared some smoke out of the air for a while.

Great to see you in double digits Big Al! It’s tough but so, so worth it.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Tuesday all
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Rava, no fires only smoke at the moment. We could see the fire a couple of weeks ago though. A couple ridges over but still alarming!

Hope everyone has an easy day. BigAl, good job on double digits! 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those who desperately need rain. The air quality is awful again. However, I had the best round of golf In a long time. Eight pars & two birdies. So, another 24 for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Wow, that's a great round techie!

Good evening Cafe Friends. A sober Tuesday for me and a very unremarkable day. I wish I was articulate enough to really put words to the feelings that I have. They are not bad per se, just different. I still have a loneliness that I used to drink away, but it is tinged with a little bit of pride at my continued sobriety, and maybe a realization that too much of myself was tied too tightly to others. I need to be able to be comfortable with myself as I am, and not look outside for my own peace. The space that used to be a source of anxiety needs to become a slice of my strength.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Tuesday. 24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

I'm in for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Wishing everyone a great Wednesday! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Good morning all! Sorry for my absence yesterday. I thought several times of checking in, but I was never near my tablet when the thought occurred. I'm grateful to say I had 24 yesterday and I am going for 24 more today!

BigAl I think you have been amazingly good at communicating your thoughts and feelings! I can relate to how raw your feelings are and how chaotic. But you are working your way toward a greater clarity with time. You should definitely have some level of pride in your double digit accomplishment. I have been finding your recent posts very motivational and helpful. No matter how long one is on this road, inspiration is a hot commodity. Thank you for your honesty and sharing.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great job on the double digits [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

BigAl, I think you did a great job articulating that post. Stay strong, stay close and you'll be celebrating triple digits before you know it!

24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] double digit celebrants. Great progress. We all know how difficult this stuff is so know you are in good company. This is the power of the MWO collective. Busy day here. The sun was throwing off another x flare as I struggled on a morning run. Even the dog is fed up with the heat and drought. So, another XXIV for moi. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A late check in for me as I took Mrs QW to emerg at our hospital early this morning. She was in considerable pain but nothing showed up in any of the tests or x-rays they took. This is one of the many frustrating things about Parkinson’s - you never know what side effects are going to show up.

Sure glad I’m not drinking! There was a time I wouldn’t have been able to be there for her.

Hope everyone is having a great af Wednesday.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, sorry to hear about the early morning hospital trip, I hope all is well.

I appreciate the kind words from everyone. Today was a sober Wednesday for me. I have a big meeting for most of the day tomorrow and then the boy and I head south to Texas. It was his only request this summer, that at some point prior to the start of school we make it down to Texas to see his friends. So after my long meeting we will try to make it 4 or 5 hours down the road and drive the rest on Friday.

I hope everyone had a great Wednesday, 24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X