~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Mr. J almost always has beer in the fridge, and at times it's tempting to grab one, but I remind my self of the consequences of doing so. Now, if it were wine in there it might be a different story!

Hoping that all of the cafe peeps suffering from pain right now, find relief soon!

Sounds like you're keeping pretty busy cowboy! Just curious: what do you use to sort the cattle with?

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends, just a follow up form my post last night. I harvested a good amount of basil from the garden yesterday morning with the intention of making some pesto both for supper and to freeze in ice cube trays for the future. All I needed was pine nuts and some good pecorino romano from the store. So I went to our local grocer and just grabbed a basket instead of a cart since I such a limited list of items. Well, I then thought that I should probably grab some half and half for coffee, and I had made scrambled eggs for the kids and used up most of the supply, so I might as well grab a carton of eggs, etc, etc. What I ended up with was a heavy basket that I was holding in one hand when I finally hit the check out line. What that heavy basket of items did, unbeknownst to me at the time, was to make my already delicate back muscles spasm. By the time I got home I was in unbelievable pain. So TENS unit, heating pad, and my wife found some of her old muscle relaxers and this morning I am in MUCH better shape. Yesterday evening was terrible.

Lesson learned; be aware, I'm not as healed as I think I am. Here's to a wonderful Sunday for all. I hope those with smoke and fire stay safe and alert today. And for those who sent positive vibes my way, they worked like a charm and i am very appreciative.

Comment

5:47am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Last edited by abcowboy; August 22, 2021, 06:48 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's time for some breakfast me thinks!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

There's no more using horses [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], now we use side-by-sides...

No rain yet, guess I should prepare for another day on the combine lol

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for another awesome brekkie Cowboy!

Techie, we keep go bags ready at all times and essentially have everything we would need to live for 72 hours. Besides meds, we have cash & copies of important documents. We’ve never needed to use them fortunately but at least twice a year we check the contents and change things as necessary.

We love all the fresh fruit we get to enjoy this time of year, but not the fruit flies. Mrs QW found a great way to get rid of them. In a glass, add about a finger or two of apple cider vinegar, a squirt of honey and top it off with dish soap. Apparently they’re attracted to the honey but can’t escape the soap.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
              Last edited by Quit wining; August 22, 2021, 07:47 AM.
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those requiring a high colonic after ABC’s breakfast. Only kidding. Thanks for always putting out the best Sunday meal. Cowboy. So, good news for us, the wind has shifted. The bad news is the winds are strong and the Caldor fire has jumped Hwy 50 near Lake Tahoe and is 0% contained. We counted our blessings this morning. If the winds stay in their current direction, I may golf tomorrow. BTW, I have been golfing for years. I have had rounds with 5 birdies & five pars. I have had two double eagles over the years, but I have never had a hole in one. Still after it!

If I haven’t mentioned it before, I love this thread. You are all family to me. This is truly the upside of social media. To those of you in pain and struggling know that Everything heals. The mind heals. Your heart heals wounds heal. Your soul repairs itself. Your happiness is always going to come back. So, I will with deep gratitude accept another XXIV. I wish you all the best day and week ahead possible. Blessings x
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Well... Aren't we a hot mess of pain!

Thanks for brekkie, ABC. Hope you get home to Bubba and Hank soon. I know they miss you!

Still tingling down my leg but no spasms so I'm thankful for that! Going to do a lot of self care today in preparation for the 5 hour drive home tomorrow. Thank you all for the advice and positive thoughts. You guys are the best!

I drank again last night. I'm such a dummie. We all now how this ends. I wish I could get all the AL out of my life and home! Humbly asking for 24. Side note: If any of you get even a small trigger from my confessions, please tell me. I don't want anything I do to send someone else down this hell hole!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
                    Well... Aren't we a hot mess of pain!

Thanks for brekkie, ABC. Hope you get home to Bubba and Hank soon. I know they miss you!

Still tingling down my leg but no spasms so I'm thankful for that! Going to do a lot of self care today in preparation for the 5 hour drive home tomorrow. Thank you all for the advice and positive thoughts. You guys are the best!

I drank again last night. I'm such a dummie. We all now how this ends. I wish I could get all the AL out of my life and home! Humbly asking for 24. Side note: If any of you get even a small trigger from my confessions, please tell me. I don't want anything I do to send someone else down this hell hole!
                    Make sure you have good lumbar support. Exev a small towel rolled up helps if the cars support is inadequate. Thinking of you!
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], yes, we all know that one or two drinks can eventually lead us down a path of darkness and despair. Please take the booze off the table and you won't regret it! In the past, Mondays were hell for me as I often used to spend Sunday's drinking from morning to night. I would wake up feeling toxic, both physically and emotionally. As an added bonus, I had to go to work in this condition! Uggh! Today, as I now do every Monday, I woke up with a deep sense of gratitude. Reminders of the past are not a bad thing, and I purposely recall some of the worst moments from my drinking days. It really grounds me, and puts things into perspective. I've been tempted to have a glass or two of wine, but it wouldn't be worth the risk of falling back into the throes of addiction. Besides, limiting myself to one would be pointless, as I drank to get drunk and for no other reason. Don't let the beast trick you into thinking that you can moderate alcohol. The voice lies!

I'd be extremely grateful for another 24!

Comment

5:43am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
                          Not a problem here, Ginger. I think we all know ourselves well enough at this point to know what works for us and what doesn't. Just get back at it, my friend!

Jude, thank you for your excellent post this morning. I used to spend Mondays much the same way and am also 1000% grateful that Mondays are no longer miserable.

I'm not sure if pain pills really worked for me to numb pain. I think what they did for me was to make me indifferent to the pain. It is my recollection that I still felt pain when I took them, I just didn't care about it.

I'll be grateful for another 24
                          Last edited by dill; August 23, 2021, 06:48 AM.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

The rain did come as forecast so I got to come back to Veg yesterday! Not sure who was more excited to see me, Bubba or Hank lol. More rain for today and tonight, so it looks like I'll get to spend some more time at home!

Hope the travelling isn't too hard on you [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], and that it's a safe trip! I know your confessions don't trigger me at all, in fact they do help in a way. It shows me that all of us will struggle with drinking, no matter how few of drinks we have. You know what it takes to stay AF, you've done it, just try your hardest to repeat what you did before. I have no idea how I would react if a beer stared me in the face every time I opened the fridge door, I'm only exposed to drinking a few times a year and I've gotten used to it. I don't imagine it would be easy, but it's something that will always be around as as drinking is so widely accepted so we have to learn to deal with it somehow.

Comment

Happy Monday Cafe! Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Safe travels home Ginger! Techie, hope you get in a round of golf today. Sadly, back issues have prevented me from “swing n swear” and I really miss it. I used to golf a lot - never had a hole in one but came close a few times - but it became a rich mans sport and when our kids were small, the money I would have spent golfing went to other, and better, uses. It seemed when I did play, that I always had enough good shots to keep me coming back and enough bad ones to make me want to give it up!

Ah, Monday’s suffering from the 26 ounce flu. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. And I definitely don’t miss it!

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X