~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks everyone. Had a rough night with this sciatica pain but I managed it sober. Thanks for the tip, Techie. So glad I don't have to do the driving. I'm not sure I could. Ugh

Packing up to head home to the Smoke of the Schneider Fire. I humbly ask for another 24, knowing it's all up to me! You guys are the best!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those soon to be pain free. Well, I’m in luck the wind has shifted in our favor. Golfing at 9am. The wildfires are still a concern but we are safe here in the short term. Mrs Techie and I had long philosophical discussions last night about God, source and the universe. I did however, hit her funny bone when I said, “the Big Bang was just to create content!” We laughed so hard it was difficult to get to sleep. Wonderful to have so much fun in otherwise stressful & depressing times.

Well for those in pain, not feeling well, or just craving a better feeling, remember, there is always, always something to be grateful for. Another 24 for moi. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning friends! I'd be grateful for another booze free day!

Comment

5:09am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning cafe friends. Big Al, I’m so sorry you messed up your back again but glad you are on the mend. Techie, so glad the wind shifted. How scary it must be for you. Ginger, safe travels and you are so smart about knowing whats best for you. I have complete faith in you to stay away from the booze. Your posts do not trigger me at all. I appreciate your honesty. That’s what this forum is all about. I have not been able to post regularly due to spotty internet. Our last few days with the grands ended up in a muddy campground with lots of storms. We got home yesterday afternoon and I just woke up from 12 hours of solid sleep. We do this all again in 2 months. It’s good to be home and dry with clean clothes that don’t smell like campfire. LOL. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Rava, I remember the old camping days! It was amazing how Mr, D and I could end prolonged droughts by setting a date for a camping trip with the kids!

24 more please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Waves to the gang and wishes for a fabulous AF day for us all!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Today is the celebration of life for my sister’s ex which we’ll join virtually. Lots of fond memories of a great guy. He’ll be missed.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                  Last edited by Quit wining; August 24, 2021, 08:56 AM.
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and campfire smell lovers. Air quality is still reasonably good here. Rechecked go bags. Thinking of all you dealing with pain. I gratefully accept another 24 how’s of real living. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Got home without too much sciatic pain. Mostly unpacked. Have a massage today. Hoping it will help. No drinking here! 24 more.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
                        Got home without too much sciatic pain. Mostly unpacked. Have a massage today. Hoping it will help. No drinking here! 24 more.
                        Feel better, Ginger. I hope the massage help too!

Comment

The New York State Fair is going on right now and it's usually a big deal around these parts, but the daily attendance has been half of what it was in past years. This is really going to hurt the state financially, making it yet another victim of Covid!

Another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

5:39am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Our little country fair went ahead this year as well [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and they even extended it to 5 days instead of the normal 3 days with record breaking attendance! It's been so long since I've attended a fair and can't say I really miss it. I did enjoy going to watch the chuckwagon races, but don't care for the crowds and noise anymore.

We used to go camping a lot back when the kids were small, rain or shine. I don't mind the smoky smelling clothes, but could pass on the mud and drying things out when we got back!

Hopefully the massage will help [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! That's one thing I've never had, as well as a visit to a chiropractor.

The rain ended Monday afternoon but we didn't see much sun yesterday so I don't think things dried up enough to get back in the field. But today is supposed to be sunny and warm so it's a coin toss if I'll get one more evening with Bubba and Hank. I can see the farm boss texting to say that we'll give it a try after lunch today lol.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

The celebration of life for my brother in law and friend was well attended both in person and virtually. He would have enjoyed and appreciated the laughs and tears that were shared.

Off to the dentist this morning for a long overdue checkup. I used Covid as an excuse for not going sooner but deep down, I’m a big wuss! And this afternoon, we’re interviewing a person to clean our home for us. It’s getting to the point where even the simplest of cleaning tasks is getting too much. I’ve been campaigning for this for a few years but this time it was Mrs QW’s suggestion.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X