No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:39am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

So many great posts over the past little while. Friends reaching out, friends sharing their own experiences in the hopes that it may help, the fellowship that we feel towards one another, but most importantly, being here for each other when we need it most!

I sat here for a while and contemplated what I could or should say but I don't have a lot to add to what the others have said [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], you need to do what's best for you. But I would encourage you not to make any major life decisions until you've had a substantial amount of sober time under your belt. I remember the exact location, day, and time when I received that moment of clarity, when it "clicked" for me, it was an amazing spiritual and emotional experience! And over the next few months I questioned a lot of decisions I had made in my past, but what I did know was that at that single one moment in time, I knew I was where I was supposed to be, and all the decisions I had made previously were made for a reason...
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, I read your post several times. Having also experienced that initial moment of clarity and coming out of the fog al caused, I agree with your Cafe friends that this isn’t the time to be making major changes to your life. Get to re-know Big Al and what you’re capable of being. And enjoy your new found freedom. You will be pleasantly surprised at how you’re able to handle life at home and work.
        It took me a long time to realize that work was only so many dollars earned in exchange for my time given. And time was mostly given to ungrateful bosses and organizations. Work is only a means to an end, it doesn’t define who we are.
        There will always be new jobs out there, but nothing is more important than you and your family.

Off for an early morning walk in cool temps, after some much needed rain cleared the air of smoke, some from as far away as California.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Saturday all!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and good air quality lovers. Busy busy day ahead. I have a deadline to finish a piece. However, I need more time. Normally I hold fast to doing what I say I’m going to do or renegotiate. I hope I have time to speak with the client. We are facing another hot smoke filled day here. So, I’ll get my work done, read a bit and with gratitude accept another 24. So as you go about your day. Be gentle. and loving with yourself. Appreciate all you have m, and have the best day possible. Blessings x
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Wow! Powerful posts right here. I feel like I just got a free therapy session. Thank you all!

BigAl, I echo the others. Wait and watch. Techie, inspirational post. Thx

I slipped last night so these posts were a kick in the ass. Striving for 24 more!

Comment

Wow. All I can say is Wow. I can't say how lucky I am to have a forum where I can type words that represent my feelings and have words returned to me. You all are the best and there are no words that I can type to describe my appreciation.

OK, I am just waiting and watching the sequences of my life as I know it now. No major changes or adjustments for now, i am in agreement with everyone in that respect. Another day of sobriety and thinking / internalizing. My wife is mowing the lawn for the second time in our shared existance. I am still recovering from my wreck.

Again, I have read and re-read all of your posts and I don't know what to say other than thank you. Thank you so much for your attention.

I don't know what else to say, but for another 24 hours of sobriety.

Big Al, (although I am not so big anymore)

Comment

Sitting on my back porch listening to the wind whooshing though the trees. Even though the temperature is still pretty warm, the signs of Fall are starting to make their appearance. The sounds of nature are changing, and what I call the "night insects" have begun to announce their arrival. Lots of crickets for sure! The owls and coyote have also added to the chorus which always makes me smile. I so love the changing seasons, although I will likely complain when the snow is obliterating the landcape.

Get back on the :horse: [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!

Asking for 24 more please!

Comment

Love those night sounds, Jude!

You know what to do, Ginger. :love:

And now for the big reveal: The hard "boiled" eggs came out perfect and peeled easier than any I have ever made before! Instapot is my new go-to for hard cooked eggs!

My daughter had to evacuate last night ahead of Ida. Fingers crossed for her home and business...

24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Hope everyone has a peaceful and alcohol free Sunday. I’m watching Hurricane Ida closely as some of my family has been evacuated. Scary times for many. Big Al, you are doing so great. Healing both physically and mentally. Some strong emotions here on this board. I was struggling a few weeks ago. It took more than one slip to get my ass back in gear. It is so clear to me that living without alcohol can be easier. It takes over my entire day of thinking about when I can drink and then bargaining that I will just have one and the next day that awful feeling of dry mouth, headache and shame. Then I am able to have just one drink and think I’m ok only to try 1 drink again and it leads to 4 or 5. It’s a horrible cycle. Right now, I’m on a good path but absolutely KNOW that this good path could end at any time. I’m also enjoying watching videos on Tik Tok of people that have quit drinking. I watch them at night when my greatest chance of slipping might occur. Wishing everyone a great day! Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

5:39am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Time to get breakfast out!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another awesome brekkie is served in the Cafe! Thanks Cowboy!!

Another week of medical appointments ahead. Mrs QW is to see our family doctor to get results of a recent MRI and hopefully answers to the questions the neurologist didn’t/wouldn’t answer.

Have a great af Sunday.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Sunday all
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Tik Tok lovers everywhere. The closest wildfire is 50% contained thankfully. The air is still not breathable but should be somewhat better tomorrow. I’m on the fence as to golfing tomorrow. I could wear a mask but with the heat I’m not sure. I would like to say I recognize and deeply appreciate the hard work and sacrifice our fireman demonstrate in order to keep us safe.

I with deep gratitude accept another twenty four hours of quality living. I wish each and everyone of you the best Sunday and week ahead possible. Be your best. Blessings x
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X