~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Checking in AF and wishing everyone a great day. 24 more please…..

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. It still feels like I am recovering on every front. A sober but lonely day today. I have scheduled an appoint again to continue with my therapist. I have a Doc appointment tomorrow to talk through pain mitigation strategies in light of the absolute craziness that has been this unforeseen drug interaction. I will not lie, it has been as though some other person has been living my life for the last few weeks. It’s incredible how something like that can occur and one not notice.

I hope everyone had a great Monday. 24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

Loved the quote from yesterday [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! So very true!

I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Will admit I struggled this weekend and caved. I know what to do. Back on the horse again. Another day 1. I’m not gonna beat myself up but know I can’t do this again. Thanks for listening. 24 hours of sobriety ahead for me today.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

My apologies once again for not being very active on our thread. I always think I'll have time during the day to get in a post but it never seems to happen. But since I got back to Vegreville last night, I'm going to make the time this morning!

Agreed [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], your quote yesterday is spot on! It is amazing how we can do with less, not sure why people want more and more, ego perhaps...

Instead of mentioning each of you individually, I'll try and just lump you all together in some sort of meaningful post lol. I know some of us are struggling right now with different things and situations in our lives, me included, and I always try to come up with some sort of helpful advice, or something that worked for me in similar circumstances. But maybe it's not about that at all, maybe it's just being here offering our support to each other. Knowing that we have someplace to come to unburden ourselves to friends that know what we are going through and most likely have went through the same struggles. I have to remind myself from time to time that we are all grown adults, we all know what we have to do, but it has to be done our own way. What works for one doesn't always work for another, but we all need support from time to time, and that's what keeps us coming back, so keep coming back y'all, no matter what situation you find yourself in...

It hasn't been a normal harvest up till now, just can't seem to get any long stretches of combining done. We'll get 3 or 4 days in then will get a rain shower, or crops will be tough, or the straw will be tough, or the crop isn't mature enough, etc. And I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I like routine! Uncertainty everyday just gets under my skin lol. We are just over half done harvest now, finished up the wheat yesterday and now have to wait a day or two for the oats to be ready. Then it will be a few more days wait till any canola is ready. Once the oats are done and the canola ripens, we should be able to start and not stop unless we get rained out. Then I'll probably complain about the day to day monotony of being so routine lol.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I have an appointment this morning to have my hearing checked. I wear a hearing aid in my left ear but have developed tinnitus in the other. I’m hoping they have a solution as the constant ringing is annoying. I read that stress is a contributor to tinnitus. Didn’t realize there was stress in my life!

Techie, can you share with us your 9/11 experiences? I’d be interested to learn.

Big Al, I hope you get the meds issue sorted out. Drug interactions can be scary. Stay strong!

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                Last edited by Quit wining; September 7, 2021, 07:25 AM.
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Same here, Techie. I'd be interested in hearing your story.

Rava, I feel ya, sister! We just have to keep getting back on the horse, as Jude would say.

ABC, I agree. We are here to listen, give and get support. This is our safe zone with our "people".

I have another massage today and a chiropractic adjustment tomorrow. Has any one used gabapentin for nerve pain? I'm interested in hearing your story if you have. Please pm me if you'd prefer.

Hope we all have an easy day!
                    Another AF 24 will be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those interested in my story. In brief, I was working in Manhattan at 32 AOA (6th ave) that morning. I was to have lunch with my friend and training partner at noon. He worked in tower 1. We spoke briefly that morning but I was rushing to a staff meeting. He never made it out. I’m The Godfather to his daughter who’s now 34. This was when my life went off the rails.

So, it is with a loving sense of gratitude I accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

P.S. life is very unpredictable. My advice is to love more, hug more, and always forgive even when it seems unforgivable. Only then we can find the strength and peace to live fully!
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thank you for sharing Techie. Great life advice too.

A buddy of mine told me one time to stop and smell the wild roses (Alberta’s provincial flower) and when I’m stressed, I try to remember those words because they help me focus on what’s really important in my life.

Techie, I bet your friend would be proud of you and what you’ve accomplished.

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Quick and late check in here. 24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. My thoughts are with you Techie, and I agree with QW. You have a lot to be proud of.

Still recovering from my "serotonin toxicity" episode. I can't tell you how crazy that was, I will never look at prescription drug combinations the same again.

I went to my sports medicine doc today under recommendation from my wife. We are completely different in that she really enjoys going to the doctor for any little thing that might come up. I, on the other hand, will avoid the doctor at all costs. But, I reluctantly went. The bike crash aggravated an old shoulder injury and it turned black and blue following the accident. It's healing up, but I guess now I know what it looks like in an x-ray. The spine guy is on Thursday, that will be the big one. None of my injuries come close to the compression fractures. Again, I think they will heal up, but I will reluctantly go. There may be a benefit from getting a second opinion on a new pain management method.

Well, sober day for me today. I hope all is well with everyone, and no one beats themselves up too much when we are all working hard. I will also heartily agree with ABCs post about what a great community this is. 24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

Happy belated birthday [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! Hope that you had a fantastic day!

No need to apologize [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! We all know how busy you are at this time of year, and all of us have times where a short post of committing to another AF day is enough. No worries.

That's so sad about your friend [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]. So many lives lost due to a horrible tragedy.
                              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]... I have your horse saddled and ready for you. He's very gentle, and won't buck you off.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Jude, no matter how hard I try I can't seem to get here before you! I loved your sweet encouragement for Rava.

BigAl that drug interaction episode must've really shaken you! I know it would me. Is it the kind of thing that corrected immediately upon adjusting your meds or is it taking time to work out of your system. I wonder if some of the posts you wrote that were so down were a result of that episode. I hope you continue to feel better each day.

Cowboy, Thanks for taking the time to have a bit of a chat with us. We know you are busy and understand it is hard to find the time at harvest time so don't worry. We understand. Still, it was nice to sit a spell with you!
                                Originally posted by abcowboy
                                I have to remind myself from time to time that we are all grown adults, we all know what we have to do, but it has to be done our own way. What works for one doesn't always work for another, but we all need support from time to time, and that's what keeps us coming back, so keep coming back y'all, no matter what situation you find yourself in...
                                I find that is exactly what keeps me coming back. This group is so supportive and dare I say, loving. You folks are all so very instrumental in my progress. :love: And yes Cowboy, I too like routine and predictability.

QW that 'stop and smell the wild roses' advice is sound. I try to do the same. Always there is some thing of beauty that one can focus their attention on either in the current situation or in one's memory bank.

Techie, thank you for sharing your 9/11 story. I only imagine. Did you leave New York for your current location because of that event?

Rava, Pauly, Ginger, a big HELLO and thank you for coming each day!

24 more please and thank you.
                                Last edited by dill; September 8, 2021, 06:07 AM.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X