~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks for that great breakfast, Cowboy! I am in the mood for a bagel too, as it happens!
    Have a great sober day everyone!

24 more please and thank you.
    Last edited by dill; September 12, 2021, 08:04 AM.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good Sunday Morning, everyone. Asking for another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those enjoying an ABC breakfast. We give thanks. Fitful sleep last night. Busy Sunday ahead preparing for a huge dinner party this Saturday. I know it’s a week away but lots going on mid week with business commitments. It is with deep gratitude that I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day and week ahead possible. Blessings x
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Just finished a great book recommended by a friend and avid reader, titled "The Shadow of the Wind". Thanks for the recommendation [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], what a good book! Another sober day for me, starting to get a little bit of time under my belt again. The whole family went out to the farm and grilled burgers and chicken, had watermelon for dessert. Fall is coming so there won't be many days left for dinners such as that. 24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

I'll have to check out that book BigAl. I'm always looking for a good read!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:32am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That was a great message the other day about doubt [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], when we let doubt creep in, we open ourselves up to failure. I don't like using the word failure as it's a demeaning word to me, we never really fail, we just don't get it right the first time...

Been enjoying some time off from farming. Just 2800 acres of canola left to do and it wasn't ready when we finished up the oats last week. This past weekend has been a bit rainy with more rain forecast for tomorrow so looks like I'll be getting a few more days to work on other jobs, not to mention having my evenings with Bubba and Hank!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Back from CA,had a wonderful time at Newport Beach I swear the beach is the one place where I feel most at peace,all my worries and problems just melt away and I can be there and just "exist" I love it! Waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF Monday for us all
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

You spend most of your life in your head. Make it a good place to live!

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, great to see you doing so well. Sounds like an awesome family get together and a great meal at the farm. Good times and what good memories are made from.

I agree Cowboy, I dislike using the word failure because it can be self defeating. We win every day we don’t drink and the beast loses.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                    Last edited by Quit wining; September 13, 2021, 07:23 AM.
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning and thanks for the book recommendation Big Al. I too am always looking for a good book. Pauly, so glad you had a nice vacation to CA. Hope everyone has a great Monday. Another 24 for me please.

Comment

I used the word 'fail' the other day in my post about having drank and I see it rang some bells here. It's funny because I thought about using a different word but in the end I decided the drinking event was a fail, but I did not necessarily consider myself a failure... I didn't want to use the word 'slip' because that felt too benign. It was a serious drinking event and slip didn't cut it. So, I just thought I'd add comment because language is so important and I do try to communicate as best as I can here!

Paulie, I get that feeling of peace at the beach too but for me it seems to be limited to the sunrise and sunset hours. Here on our farm there is a valley and in that valley is a clearing in which there is a huge sycamore tree. We have a bench under that tree and I go there sometimes when I need to find that deep sense of stillness, peace and connection with God. I think nature , be it the beach or a simple glade is the best place for seeking that feeling. I'm glad you had that. Things are so crazy in the world today it's good to find those moments.

24 more please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Well said, Dill. Thank you for sharing. All of you are so wise.

Pauly, I'm with you on the beach. I do find it to be my happy place. Especially when we can find a beach that's deserted. Although, I believe our house here with its view maybe a very close second!

BigAl, you are sounding better. I'm glad you had a lovely picnic at the farm.

How did it get to be mid September? Fall is definitely in the air! I'll take another 24!

Comment

Full disclosure, my book comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek to thank [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] for the recommendation. I read many books of that genre and had never heard of that book or the author and it was a great read. I just started "Project Hail Mary" by Andy Weir, he is the guy who wrote "The Martian" which was a good movie and a great book. Anyway, all the thanks should go to our resident athlete, published author, and bastion of positive thinking Mr. Techie.

Hope you all have a great day. I made home made tomato sauce yesterday with 10 lbs of tomatoes from my neighbors garden and all fresh herbs from mine. I'm finishing it up this morning and may make some ragu for supper....

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Carlos Ruiz Zafon followers. So happy you enjoyed one of my favs. Better temps today. I’m golfing with my Monday foursome. So, another grateful 24 fir me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

The wound is the place where the light enters you. ~ Rumi
                              Last edited by techie; September 13, 2021, 10:52 AM. Reason: Added quote
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

You all are friends I would never trade. It was a Monday of stillness, my design team is off on another boondoggle so my day was uncharacteristically slow. So I separated out the fern that was gifted to us in one of those Costco plant baskets, and took my kid to the DMV for an upgraded license (I know I am dating myself here but I am), he is now legally allowed to travel about the world. It is interesting to me to add that to my daily retrospective. I remember that time when I was a "kid", I was responsible for three other worthless dudes who I had to keep engaged in throwing hay, I woke up at 0300 every morning to bring the holsteins in to milk, I played in the community band trumpet, and was what Normal Rockwell would have described as "banal Americana". After that I woke those worthless dudes up and began my day of throwing hay. All of this is in the foreground of the non-spoken background of a dairy where I would milk at 4 am and 4 pm no matter the day. It sounds a bit harsh, but to me it was my childhood, and I will never forget the smells of a milking parlor at 0400 when it is 10 degrees outside and a sultry 85 degrees inside, the temp difference due to the atomization of milk in the air and and heat of livestock.

Anyway, I had a good day today. The boy and I went out and spent 2 hours of my teaching him to drive a manual. I told him, no one will steal your car if you drive a manual because you and 2 other people in your school can do that. Kids these days, the first truck I drove was a 51 Ford. I didn't drive an automatic until college. All that said I just am in my mid 40's.

24 more for me please and thanks.
                                Last edited by BigAl; September 14, 2021, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X