~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Great post at BigAl! I used to milk cows as a side job, and your description brought back fond memories. When I walked into the barn, the aromas that greeted me were definitely "earthy", but I found comfort in the smell of the cows and the warmth that they gave off. Your post yesterday was so insightful...thank you for sharing.

Others have recently posted about their love of the ocean. I grew up in New England, and spent a lot of time at the beach. It's nice to get back there now and again, but like [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] mentioned, my heart is here in the valley that I call home, and it has always been an endless source of peace.

Thanks for the great quote [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! When you find peace within your mind, everything else falls into place.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Lots of good posts here. Big Al teaching your boy stick shift is smart. That is something he will never forget either. Past 2 nights I have not slept so hopefully tonight is the charm. No booze for me tho. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:34am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Even though I grew up in the city, I spent half my time at my best friend's house out at his parent's farm. I remember those very early mornings going out to milk the cows and feed the rest of the livestock. When that was done, we dragged the "stone boat" into the barn, harnessed "Goldie" and mucked out the barn then went and spread the manure on the field. Then it was breakfast and get ready to catch the bus to head for school. Lots of evenings we'd saddle up and go for a ride in the countryside and that's where my love for horses and working with livestock began. Then came the junior rodeo circuit as team ropers, and that's unfortunately where my love for alcohol began. I like to remember the good times from the past, but those good times developed into some of my worst times as I got older. You're never too old to put down the drink and become the person you were meant to be all along...
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
            Good morning Cafe. Lots of good posts here. Big Al teaching your boy stick shift is smart. That is something he will never forget either. Past 2 nights I have not slept so hopefully tonight is the charm. No booze for me tho. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.
            What is it with sleep lately? Seems I'm off and on with it,some nights I just cannot fall asleep no matter how tired I am Big AL they call it "the millennial theft device" when referring to a stick shift these days so you're spot on that nobody could steal it haha! I quit buying those kinda cars when I sold my camaro, too much start and stop here in Vegas and it drove me crazy to hafta shift so much,Dill I kinda hate tye word slip too cuz it's not like it happened by accident when I've drank in the past,although it's not a failure either in my book,you've had sooooo many sober days no need to focus on the drink session. Ah the smell of farm and cows in the morning is awesome! The combo of hay,morning fog and the animals and dirt is really a nice combo and I still have that smell in my head from time to time and it's comforting, waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

No word yesterday about Mrs QW’s upcoming tests. There were protests across the country yesterday against the Covid vaccine, in some cases hospital entrances were blocked. Their organization was founded by two former nurses and they are targeting healthcare workers. This makes no sense to me. If any one of these protesters contract Covid, the healthcare workers would be there to treat them. And because our hospitals, especially ICU’s are at or near capacity, planned, necessary procedures are being cancelled. I saw an interview with a man who has waited for over a year for a kidney transplant only to be told 2 hours before surgery the operation was cancelled because there wasn’t an ICU bed available for his recovery. Insane. What about the rights and freedoms for those who are doing their best to avoid Covid?

Heading out for a walk to hopefully work off some frustration!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Some great posts and remembrances here today.

QW, same here with the health care system here in Washington. Our ICUs are past capacity and non covid patients are being placed in conference rooms! Here, 95% of covid patients are unvacinated. :'(
                Ugh.....

I'm having lunch with an old friend today for her 65th bday. We've been friends since 6th grade. BigAl, how's that for dating myself? Lol

I'm counting my blessings! And asking for 24 more.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and stick shift lovers. It seems protests are everywhere. It is simply frustration. Too much overreach. I believe it goes much deeper then just vaccinations. Golf was a struggle yesterday as I could not sink a putt. Somehow a vortex seemed to follow me from one hole to the next. Getting ready for a trip next week. So, with a deep sense of gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

P.S. Focus only on what you can control. The other stuff is toxic to your soul!
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Quick check in for me. 24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. No words tonight, just a humble ask for 24 hours more please and thanks.

I have tasked my higher-ups with figuring out a work situation that allows me to harvest, and plant next year. It's a big deal.

BigAl

Comment

I edited this post out. Just a bad night and I succumbed to my darker feelings. Jude, the early riser, caught it before I could delete. In essence I was lamenting my bike crash and thinking about how things would have been if I had not survived. Just a bad night. My apologies for letting my darkness bleed into this forum. Today is a new day.
                        Last edited by BigAl; September 15, 2021, 05:06 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], the world would NOT be a better place without you! I do understand major depression as I have been there myself with the same thoughts that you are having now. In the beginning, the journey to sobriety can be fraught with insecurity and doubt. There is a reason that you did not die after your accident. It was definitely a traumatic event, and it has shaken you to the core. Please, please get some help before it's too late. Although you may think differently now, I think that your family would much rather have you around rather than having monetary compensation from your life insurance. :hug: Right now you're focussing on all the negative aspects of your life. Try finding something to be grateful for, even if it's the smallest thing. It can really make a difference.

Humbly asking for another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

My attempt at drinking myself to death (and I almost succeeded) and subsequent hospitalization was the turning point for me [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. I won't go into all the details again, but it was the morning after that I knew I'd never drink again. Make this your turning point, I know you can do it!

Comment

((Hugs)) Big AL,I think everyone let's their thoughts roam there here and there,maybe not seriously but yea some "the world would be better off if I wasn't here kinda thing,I did that alot when I drank too much for some reason,my carefree thoughts would turn ugly quickly and that's why drinking scares the shit outta me these days, here's to another non drinking day for us all!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X