~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Quick check in today! 24 more please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Holy crap [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]. You had better not have cancer. I will show up at your front door and cut it out with my field knife! I don’t know what I, or the forum, would do without you. So, NO CANCER! And that is the bottom line…..

Sorry to be so blunt.

Comment

And 24 more more please and thanks.

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], sending prayers and positive energy your way. You beat cancer once, and I know that you can do it again if needed!

Enjoying a mild morning on the back porch with a cup of coffee, and no hangover. Pure bliss!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Prayers and positive thoughts for you, Techie. You are right to try not to worry. Will it help? No. That appointment at Stanford Oncology seems like such a long way off! Was that the soonest you could get in?

24 more please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:47am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I love everyone here as well [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], you've all become just like family to me!

Hopefully it's nothing too serious [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], but my thoughts and prayers go out to you...

I've also have tinnitus, but it disappears the minute I put my hearing aids in. The worst is in the morning when I first get up and having my coffee, but I've had it for so long I've learned to ignore it.

I think we are close to 75% done harvest! The crops have been bad, but not a disaster. Our very first hard frost overnight, but I still have running water in the camper this morning so I'll count that as a blessing lol. The frost should help cure the swathed canola and we'll be able to move onto that as soon as we finish the standing stuff.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’ve had tinnitus for over 20 years and pretty much ignore it. The second hearing aid helps but if I concentrate, I can still hear it.
                  Techie, listening to ocean waves, as much as I love the sound, would have me up to the bathroom several times every night! Keep thinking positively about your upcoming oncology appointment.

We were pleasantly surprised yesterday to learn Mrs QW has an appointment Saturday for a CT scan. Hopefully it will tell us what we’re dealing with.

A cool start to the day, currently right at freezing. Did I mention I love this time of year?

Have a great af Friday everyone.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way Techie. A good attitude is half the battle and I believe you have that strength. I believe in you!!! Last night I walked around wanting to drink so bad. I fought the beast and won I’m happy to say. So ridiculous how the brain is wired. I hope everyone has a great Friday. Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

Techie, you got this no matter the diagnosis next month. And we've got you here, as well. Prayers for all that need them! Especially Mrs QW.

Finally seeing my doc about this hip pain today. Hoping we can get to the bottom of this soon! I miss golf, hiking and walking more than 200ft!

I'll gladly take 24 more!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and huge hearts. Let me say quite honestly, I am ok. I had cancer that was treated successfully over a year ago. Currently, there is just a cautionary level of concern. The treatment I had can be done again. It was expensive and all out/of-pocket but I’m willing, if necessary to do it again. So, again there are no worries, just something I need to watch along with my docs. I appreciate all the love and support here. So, with deep loving gratitude, I accept another twenty four. Blessings x

“Step out of the circle of time, and into the circle of love.” ~ Rumi
                        Last edited by techie; September 17, 2021, 09:29 AM. Reason: Added quote
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

QW, I hope that all goes well with Mrs. QW 's scan today, and hopefully you will get some good news.

Glad that you are going to the docs [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. I know how much you enjoy your hikes!
                          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], good job slaying the beast the other night. I'm sure that you were happy to wake up the next morning without a hangover!

24 more please...

Comment

QW, it's great you will have information sooner rather than later on Mrs. Q. Hopefully treatments will follow that will help. :heartbeat:

Rava, I second what Jude said. Good job!

Ginger, I'm glad you are going to get a medical opinion about your hip. I imagine he/she scheduled tests so you won't have a diagnosis immediately but did the doc give you a working diagnosis at your visit?

Cowboy, until this thread I must plead ignorance about canola. I use canola oil, but I never actually knew there was a canola plant! LOL I just thought canola was some sort of secret combination of vegetable oils. Duh.

We're going to a wedding today. It won't be a big drinking event though. Most of the folks there have sworn off al for health reasons and many of them were only moderate drinkers anyway. But it is a special event for my nephew. He turned 60 his year and has never been married. He and his lady friend have lived together for the last 20 years but never took that final step. After all this time they have finally decided they want to make that commitment to each other and before friends and family. We never thought we'd see this day!

Greetings Rava, BigAl, and Techie!

24 more please and thank you
                            Dill

Comment

5:36am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, I hope you got some good information about your hip pain. Hope you start feeling better soon. Hope everyone has a great Saturday. 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X