Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Looking forward to Mrs QW’s test this afternoon and hope we get some answers from the results.

Covid continues to dominate life in Alberta with unvaccinated people largely responsible for plugging our healthcare system. And there are more preparations underway for doctors to triage patients. Doctors should not have to make those choices. And while hospitals deal with capacity issues, hundreds of planned surgeries have been cancelled. I’m sorry, but if unvaccinated people are the main reason for this mess, perhaps treating them should only happen after fully vaccinated are looked after.

I belong to a care partner support group for people with Parkinson’s and yesterday heard from another member with whom I share a hockey rivalry. My favourite team is in Calgary next March and he offered me a great deal on his seats for the game. I happily accepted and now have some Xmas shopping done for my two sons in Calgary.

Mild and windy this morning. I’m enjoying my new hearing aids, especially listening to music in stereo while I walk.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those seeking canola oil answers. Keeping Ginger, QW, and BigAl in my thoughts and prayers. I have been giving a lot of thought about beginning to train for an ultra marathon. I’m planning on entering The 2022 Alcatraz Triathlon and then stop tri competition completely. The issue is bike riding. There is data that shows an increase of prostate cancer among men who are triathletes. The thinking is a causal relationship with with bike riding. Who knows. Anyway, I like the idea of the long runs.

So, we deep appreciation for my MWO brethren and gratitude for life well lived, I accept another XXIV. I wish you all the best day and weekend possible. Blessings x
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Woke up to glorious rain! Hallelujah!

Techie, hope your numbers shift to the positive side.

QW, I kinda feel the same way about covid patients. My doc is working 7 days a week. Five in her practice and two in our over run hospital. She said she's just angry! She has patients that need treatments/surgeries desperately that are having to wait because unvacinated people are clogging the system. Ugh

As for me, because I have no "red flags", I have to do 6 weeks of PT before she can order an MRI. It's a Medicare requirement. I'll start that next week. She gave me gabapentin to take nightly to help with nerve pain. I'll continue to do my home exercises and ice/heat. Another Ugh!

Dill, I read that canola's actually Rapeseed but we don't like that name. We have fields of it here and they are beautiful to see in bloom.

Hope everyone has an easy AF day. Counting my blessings! I'll gladly take 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. It is with a heavy heart that I admit to my sobriety failure last night. I had some serious time under my belt and blew it. For nothing. Totally not worth it, and I don’t know why my brain convinces me otherwise. So, I will erase the numbers on our kitchen chalkboard and begin them again at 1. Just stupid.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday. It is car show weekend here in my small town. It’s a BIG show and will almost double the population for the weekend. I will take the ‘68 C10 on the cruise tonight. Probably close to 500 classic cars making a circuit through Main Street and the park. And yes, it is just as small town nostalgic as you are envisioning. Some very nice vehicles though. I wish I still had my ‘68 Camaro that I had in high school. But alcohol took that from me, and almost my life.

Comment

And just in case there are any hard core car enthusiasts on this forum, I may be trading my ‘68 C10 for a ‘34 Ford. It’s been a dream car of mine. My Dad will argue until he is blue in the face that a ‘32 Ford highboy is vastly superior, but the curves of the ‘34 captured my heart long ago.

Comment

Back on the horse [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]!

Another 24 please and thank you

Comment

BigAl, the fact that you have a chalk board in the kitchen marking days is truly impressive! That's shows your level of commitment/accountability. Back at it today. Don't erase all your AF days! They count for a lot!
                Mr. D was driving a 68 Camaro when we met! He loved that car. He too regrets letting it go. But was during the early years of our marriage when we were starting our family. Decisions had to be made and our money was tight!

24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:46am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'll get the breakfast out then I'll be back in a bit...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I would have to say that canola is the major crop grown around here [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] because of the price of course lol, seconded by wheat. And [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] is correct, it used to be known as rapeseed until that became politically incorrect, but lots of farmers still refer to it as "rape" lol. It is not well liked by people with allergies as the pollen from the canola blossoms is very potent.

It looks like it might be a day off from farming today as I woke up to a wet deck this morning so it must have showered sometime through the night. I'll pack up some stuff to get ready to head back to Veg then wait for the text from the farm boss telling me it's a day off or not lol.

Just keep coming back [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], and never give up because one day your quit will stick and you'll have no more day 1's! I've said this before and I'll say it again, I'm more then willing to give out my phone number to any of you and you can call me anytime the feeling to drink overpowers you. Sometimes that's all it takes, just talking to someone who understands...

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, as Cowboy said, your quit will eventually stick. Until then, every day you don’t drink, you win and the beast loses.

Mrs QW had her scan yesterday afternoon, now we wait a few days for the results to get to her doctor. And across the street from the health centre was a protest by anti-vaxxers. We spoke with a few of the over worked staff and they found it very disheartening.
                        And watching the protesters were several police and peace officers. Yet one more expense paid for by tax payers so these protesters can have their say. It would be ironic if this became a super spreader event and many of them contracted COVID and required hospitalization wouldn’t it.

Off for a walk in cool but dry conditions.

Thanks for brekkie Cowboy. I hope you get the day off to spend with Bubba and Hank.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Sunday all another 24 for us all!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

BigAl, don't you dare erase those days! If you got 99% on a test you wouldn't count it as a fail so don't count a one day slip as a fail. Just mark that day differently and keep counting! You got this!

I've started some biofeedback for my pain. Fascinating what the brain is capable of!

QW, it makes me sad about the antifaxers. Just saw a news report about a man with colon cancer that can't get it removed because all the ICU beds are full because of unvaccinated covid patients.

I hope we all have an easy AF day. And remember, every day we beat the beast is a win, don't let a slip here and there beat you up, that's just what the beast wants!! 24 more for me!

Comment

I am amazed all all the things I don't know!! LOL But, here's a surprise for you, Ginger and Cowboy:

"Although they look similar, canola and rapeseed plants and oils are very different. Canadian scientists used traditional plant breeding in the 1960s to practically eliminate two undesirable components of rapeseed — erucic acid from oil and glucosinolates from meal — to create “canola,” a contraction of “Canadian” and “ola.” Canola oil is prized for its heart-healthy properties with the least saturated fat of all common culinary oils."

I did a little research and found that nugget on the U.S. Canola Association website: What is Canola? – About Us – U.S. Canola Association – non-profit to increase U.S. canola production | U.S. Canola Association

So I guess technically there wasn't a name change for PC reasons. Unless my source is incorrect.

Slow day around here I guess...

Ginger, I think the PT will help a lot. I did a course of it for leg pain and it did the trick for me. Mine included traction. I am on 300mg of Gabapentin at night. I hope you get relief soon!
                              Last edited by dill; September 19, 2021, 12:11 PM.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and canola oil enthusiasts. That’s right [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], dust yourself off and move forward. If it were easy, there would be a lot more folks here. However, once you make it stick, and you will, your life will just get better and better. For me, i would feel so much better after a few days of sobriety that I convinced myself I could handle a few drinks without serious consequences. It took several of these back steps before I realized I preferred the days of clarity. It is a process not a program.

It is a gorgeous day here. Just back from a run as this is a rather late post for me. With a deep sense of gratitude I accept another 24 along with all you amazing folks. Have a wonderful day. Blessings x

Last edited by techie; September 19, 2021, 02:25 PM. Reason: Clarity
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X