~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Woo hoo fall! I'm done with the summer,started quick here and seemed to last forever,now I can complain about the cold waves to the gang and wishes for a happy AF Tuesday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another day and I’ve already learned something new about agriculture. Guess I can take today off too!

It was great to see Jessie yesterday. Mrs QW hadn’t seen her since we moved 5 months ago so it was quite the reunion.

Big Al, you’ll be so glad to give up smoking as well. Great idea to incorporate nightly walks as part of your new routine. Does Mrs BA smoke and if so, is she quitting as well?
      It too is tough but so very worthwhile!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, yes, Mrs BA is the real smoker. I didn't for a long time, but picked it up when she started again. Although I came to find out that she never actually quit, but would hide a pack in her purse and sneak them. She wants to run a half-marathon. Can't do that and smoke at the same time. I'm ready to give it up.

Cowboy, you are right, we just use different terminology. Of course no swathing for corn and beans, just straight cut and dragging a combine head around the country! When we cut hay we rake into windrows, about as close as we come to canola swathing (although cutting hay seems much much easier). The whole timing of canola harvest is intriguing. Interesting stuff.

Comment

Big Al, your kids and future grandkids will thank you both!

When I quit smoking, my oldest son was 5. He coloured a picture of me, without a cigarette, and underneath wrote “Thank you for not smoking Daddy”. I carried that in my shirt pocket every day for several months and looked at it when I was tempted. The other thing I did was to tell everyone that I’d quit. Not many thought I’d succeed but I proved them wrong!

All the best in both quits Big Al and Mrs Big Al!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Great posts today! Thank you for sharing all the harvest info. As a vegetarian, I truly appreciate all the work you do! Veggies and such are my mainstay!

Back to Casa Academy for the rest of the week. Kids have stuffy noses but can't get tested until Thursday. Oh dear.... will this never end?

I'm counting my blessings and hoping to hear from the PT place soon. Thanks for the book recommendation, Techie. I'll get it today.

The real Ginger enjoying her spot

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and the smokeless. Tree guys still here. This work is going to be $5k. Ugh! Well, it needs to be done. The drought has played a role here too. I fell this morning on a run. Scrapes on my hands but could’ve been worse. My mistake was running in the dark w/o my headlight. I have decided to incorporate intermittent fasting in my program. I do need to get my BMI down a bit. Has anyone done IF?

So, with gobs (yes gobs) of gratitude, I accept another XXIV. Remember, gratitude enables you to fall in love with your life everyday. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
              Last edited by techie; September 21, 2021, 09:39 AM. Reason: Added more
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi Cafe Friends. Not much to say. 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

Evening update: I had another acupuncture treatment with tens connected to the needles. Completely took the pain away from my fall early this morning. Even helped my hands. Amazing. If you gave pain issues, please try acupuncture. Goodnight folks!
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Rainy and windy this morning, but I can't complain, as the past few days have been gorgeous! No matter the weather, it's a good day not to drink!

Another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

Cowboy, I don't know much about the ins and outs of wheat harvesting. All I really know is that sometime in late June or early July I see combines in the fields accompanied by grain wagons. It's beautiful to watch.

Rava, another move?!! Wow! But good for you finding something that suits you better.

Sorry about your tumble, Techie, but glad you had relief in the very same day!

I recooked the unset pepper jelly adding more pectin. It did the trick! I'm afraid my pepper jelly will be too hot for most people's taste tho. I think I added a little too much jalapeno.

24 more, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. Yesterday was a complete washout. So much rain. Ankle deep in many places. YIKES>. Today is our home inspection. We are going to be there since it’s right down the street. Hoping this will be our last move for sure!!! Fingers crossed for no major issues. Techie sorry about your fall! Hope you are feeling better. I have been tempted to drink due to all the stress but so far so good. Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'll get caught up with y'all tomorrow morning when I'm sitting in my favorite chair with coffee in hand, Hank laying at my feet, and Bubba sitting across from me! We'll finish up harvest today, and in plenty of time to pack up things in the camper and head to Veg!
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Glad the damage was minor and treatable Techie after your spill.

Still waiting for Mrs QW’s rest results, hopefully today.

Rava, hope the property inspection goes well. You’re right, drinking at the stress involved won’t help anything. We’re in our 18th house in 47 years of marriage and there’s been stress every move! Hang in Rava, you’ll get through it af.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Beautiful view Ginger Techie glad your not in pain and that the fall wasn't too bad,when I used to go on my long walks I was constantly watching the ground cuz too much stuff to slip on so now I just stay in the house,these Vegas streets don't feel safe to walk alone anymore I do a kind of IF I eat my last meal at 2pm then nothing til the morning its just how my eating goes,Dill glad the jelly "gelled up" waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF Wednesday!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X