~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends and those seeking a comfortable chair w/ coffee. A wonderful fall free run this morning, held up for a minute or two by two herds of deer. It reminded me how blessed I am to live where I live. [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I’m a chili lover. I have even braved the ghost chili, so I’m sure I’d love your pepper jelly. Tree guys finished up yesterday afternoon. I had them use their cherry picker to install new Xmas light on a huge evergreen in my front yard. The total was $4600. I’m happy to know our house is not threatened by a tree fall as we move into the wet and cold months.

Just as a reminder, when we keep out vibration at a high level, miracles happen. It is law. So, it is with a deep sense of gratitude that I accept another twenty four. As always, I wish you all the best day possible. Remember, if you’re feeling low, spiraling downward, change your mindset. You are in control of your happiness not any external source. Blessings x
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Almost forgot to check. Another day of casa academy. 24 more is greatly needed! Lol

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. Congrats on harvest completion Cowboy! We took our first swatch of corn today just to test moisture. Still a hair early and would take a dock on moisture, but we're close. I have been driving straight trucks my whole life, this year I will try my hand at the tractor and trailer.

Not much more than a request for 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

5:38am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I am so glad to be back in Veg! I do love farming, but being here with Bubba and Hank every night, and back to my usual morning routine, is food for my soul! We finished up around 2:30 yesterday afternoon and I only stayed about an hour for the post harvest celebration. I was more interested in loading up and getting back to Veg.

Bubba and I both like spicy, hot food [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] so I think we'd enjoy your pepper jelly. Do you grow the peppers or buy them? We grew some habanero peppers one year, they were almost too hot for me lol.

How is the purchase coming along on the new condo [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]? What are your plans for the one you are in now? Having a garage is important to me as well, unfortunately my truck won't fit in the garage here in Veg so it has to sit in the driveway like it did in Vermilion. I still have to get a power receptacle wired on the outside of the garage where I park my truck so that I don't have to use a long extension cord stretched all across the driveway in the winter.

If you two don't do much traveling all over with the truck and camper [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], maybe buying a place in Arizona is the way to go. Just use the camper for the short camping trips you do in the summer.

Hopefully your body is healing up fine [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I know how important your exercise is to you, but we also have to remember we're not getting younger lol.

Any news on the sale of the salon [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]? Would you consider going back there full time under a new owner?

We did take off about 6000 bushels of canola that was a bit "wet" [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], but the farm boss is going to run it through the dryer to get it down to "dry" so that he doesn't get docked anything when it's time to deliver it. It won't take long to dry that little bit and then he'll have everything binned ready to ship. I sometimes have to drive the truck and trailer back to the yard for unloading and it's not one of my favorite jobs lol. I have no problem shifting up through the gears but have a devil of a time downshifting lol.

You get all your fall canning and processing done [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]?

Hopefully you'll get some answers soon on Mrs. QW's condition [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! The waiting game is the worst especially when it comes to anything medical!

Have a great day y'all, I know I will!
              Last edited by abcowboy; September 23, 2021, 07:12 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, glad you’re finished harvest and can be home with Bubba & Hank. Reading your comment about running the extension cord to your truck, it occurred to me that some of our southern Cafe friends might not know about block heaters and think you have an electric truck.

We heard from Mrs QW’s doctor yesterday and the scan showed nothing of concern. So we know more about what it isn’t but not what’s causing the problems. More tests to be arranged.

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Well, shoot, QW. I was hoping you'd learn something without more testing.

Nice to have you back, ABC! Nice long post. Enjoy being home with the family.

Dill, I love pepper jelly! Wish I could swing by for a visit. I'd trade you for some yummy grapes. My neighbor has a small vineyard but doesn't do anything with them so I can have all I want!

Starting PT today and still doing Casa Academy. Keeping my fingers crossed this helps. Was awake most of the night with pain. Crap! I hate this 😒

Hi to everyone! Needing another 24.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Harvest lovers everywhere. Going for a Covid antibodies test this morning. Meditation & run are completed. I’m still avoiding the bicycle until my next set of labs. I’m so looking forward to fall and winter. My hope is we get some decent snow in the Sierras so our ski mountain has a good season. The farmers almanac paints a bit so good picture. We are in drought so any significant snow pack will help. I have new skis that I only used once last season.

I have convinced Mrs Techie about all the benefits of acupuncture so she has made an appointment for when we return from Arizona. So, we a tremendous level of gratitude, I accept another twenty four. Use you voice fir kindness, your ears fir compassion, your mind for truth, and your heart for love. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Cowboy, so glad you are back in your happy place and harvesting is done for now. Techie, maybe you could post a pic of that christmas tree light at the top of your huge tree when you light it up! Condo inspection came up with some problems. Stressed out for sure. We have sent a counter offer to the seller to see if they will lower the price. Fingers crossed. No word yet so I am on pins and needles. Mr R and I are on a little mini vacation for our anniversary. Beautiful scenery and this place is close to home. I’m sure we will definitely be back. Watching stingrays and dolphins from 10 floors above. WOW amazing is all I can say. Another 24 for me and thank everyone for being here.

Comment

Thanks for that gorgeous picture, Rava! I can almost hear he waves lapping at the shore when I look at it.

Glad you are back to your home turf, Cowboy!

24 more please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. Late check in. Sober day. Good news QW. Just running the combine after work. Big meeting tomorrow, not looking forward to it. Negotiations, never fun. 24 more for me please.

Comment

Glad to hear that you can be home with Bubba and Hank [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! Yes, we are done with the canning, and it will be good to have fresh veggies in the dead of winter!

QW, it's good that Mrs. QW's scans were normal, but as you mentioned, it would be better if you knew what was going on!

Rava, sorry about the problems with the condo...hope that everything works out.

Mr. J and I are going to the Carolinas early next month to visit family. There will be lots of booze flowing, and I am worried about relapsing. Guess that I'd better start flexing my sober muscles now!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I’m sitting on a upper floor deck overlooking the Gulf of Mexico and listening to fishing jumping out of the water. Absolute heaven on earth and makes me thankful for all I have and my friends here at the cafe. Jude, during your family visit next month keep a cup of your favorite drink at your side at all times. That’s what I do at the pool when people try to give me drinks. I say that I brought my own. They dont know its Diet Coke. Sometimes I ask just as crazy sober so it’s all good. QW I hope you get some answers soon, but I’m glad that the news you got was nothing bad. Good luck with your meeting Big Al. We should hear something today about our condo negotiation. They accepted our offer but the inspection found some old pipes and we were not expecting to replace the plumbing pipes so we wait. It’s a bit nerve wracking to say the least. Hi to Dill, Cowboy, Pauly, Techie, Ginger. One more pic before we leave tomorrow.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X