~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I love the second stanza of this song/video. It really nudged me forward at low points in the beginning of my journey. Maybe it will give you a nudge, BigAl. Music is a powerful tool. Never give up giving up!

So in adventures of daily living we have a new water heater purchase and installation on our agenda for today. Ours is kaput. But hey, i made it 2 years past the warranty!

Let's all have a good 24 today.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

You know [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] was spot on with her comment, nothing going on in your life is as important as you getting sober. "They" say that recovery is a selfish thing, and in some ways it is, especially the first year. Everything should and has to be about you. Without your sobriety you would lose all those other things eventually anyway. And I'm betting your family wouldn't mind at all if you missed some functions if it meant you becoming well again. I was embarrassed to tell people that I was an alcoholic, but as time went on I lost that feeling of embarrassment. I have no problem whatsoever telling people why I don't drink when asked because I'm happy that I don't drink. There's the old saying that your sobriety should be your #1 priority, only you can make that happen...
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cross post [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I remember back when water heaters lasted for years and years, not just a few years past their warranty. The quality in most everything sure isn't like it used to be. Loved the song, much truth in those words...
        Last edited by abcowboy; September 28, 2021, 06:59 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Never give up giving up. Big Al, great advice from Dill and, as expected, echoed by your Cafe friends. You can do this. And a 30 day rehab pales in comparison to being free from al the rest of your life. Those who care about you will understand.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

((Hugs)) Big AL,if you feel a 30 day rehab would help then get a chance do it! My husband said the word rehab to me 2 years ago and it really woke me up cuz I didn't want to go,it scared me into really seeing what I was doing and so I quit and had long stints sober since then so there's that,waves to the gang and wishes for a great AF day!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I appreciate the support everyone. I must say, the hole I fell in scared the crap out of me and I mean it when I say I completely closed myself off from the world. It was an eye opener for me as well Pauly. From a big picture standpoint I agree that 30 days pales in comparison to the rest of my life. But, I am going to give myself one last chance, and I am going to be honest about my feelings, and honest with my family and friends about where I'm at.

Have a wonderful day everyone. I will stop back in this evening....

Comment

BigAl, And be honest when you come here. If you slip tell us. That's why we are all here. I know for me, coming here to confess a slip is a kick in my butt to clean up my act. Stay in the light. You want this badly, it's obvious, so you will get there!

I'll take 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and travelers. We missed our morning flight due to a comedy of errors. The good new is we landed in Phoenix at 7pm the same time as our daughter flight came in from LA. Just another synchronicity yesterday. Great dinner last night and our planned trip to hike Sedona is on hold till tomorrow. Thinking of you [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. So, from the desert, I accept another wonderful twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“With our thoughts we make the world.” Buddha
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. I am proud to say that I did not drink today. I also met with my therapist this afternoon and was brutally honest. A lot to unpack when you get right down to it, but right now my focus is "doing to the work". Maybe in the past I have thought that I would just grab a hold of something and ride the wave, and I know that I have to do the work. And it will be work, I will have to really fight. But that's OK. We talked about a lot today, and I have seen some pretty serious change on many fronts in the last two years and they all contribute to my current situation. But that's work, figuring it out, and staying sober. I do wish, however, that my therapist had some personal experience with overcoming alcohol, there are things that she just does not understand.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the support on this forum, it blows me away as I read, and re-read the responses. I appreciate it, and here is to another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Good on you for not drinking yesterday. One day at a time...

I'm in for another 24...

Comment

I hope everyone has a great day! 24 please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, thanks for the song link. Love Montgomery Gentry. Good message there. Big Al, thinking of you and glad you made it through the day sober. Wishing everyone a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:32am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

It's our job to understand what you're going through [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], and to support you as you figure out how to stay away from drinking. It's your therapist's job to help you figure out why you drink, then help you find ways to combat and overcome those triggers. I asked my counsellor that very question, how can you help me when you don't understand what I'm going through? She told me that she went through many of the same triggers that I went through, but she didn't use alcohol to try to deal with them. She gave me lots of homework to do between our sessions and it didn't take me long to figure out where she was coming from and the way she was trying to help me...

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, you’re making great progress. Having a plan is the key to solving almost any problem.

Another day of walking on egg shells here.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X