~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

BigAl, I'm so proud of you for taking the step to see a therapist. That's very difficult for a lot of us. Some of us think of it as a weakness when in fact it's one of the bravest and healthiest things we can do for ourselves. Good job! Let us help you fill in the experience part. Collectively we have a pot load of experience with AL and the craziness of addiction and we are here for you!

Got a message last night that one of our friends took his own life after his wife of 45 years moved out and filed for divorce. We are blindsided by this. Can't wrap my head around any of it. So I slipped last night. Just one but it should have been none. Dusting myself off and trying to find some peace about this. 24 please.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and loving supporters of each other. I’m so happy you took the step [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. Cling tightly here as it is a great place to share and get positive feedback. Someone much smarter than me said, “ The great thing in this world is not so much where you stand, as in what direction you are moving.”. You are moving in the right direction, BigAl. God bless you.

I’m so excited to be meeting up with some members of my old AZ hiking Group on Thursday. We will do a short 5.3 mile hike. These folks, guys and gals are elite hikers and may just do this loop twice. It has been eight years since I was part of this group. Did I mention I’m EXCITED hahaha.

So, it is with deep gratitude that I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], so sorry to hear about your friend, that is a tough thing to contemplate.
          [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], great pics, you guys look happy!

Well, I managed to remain sober again today. I recall when I attempted the Anne Grace 30 Day Challenge, one of the video segments was about how your sleep cycle is so disrupted by alcohol. That's where I'm at now. And it's not like I just slipped and had one or two for a night or two, it was bad. The last two nights have been terrible. I generally am tired, go to bed around 9:00 or so, and then read until my eyes don't see the words anymore (which usually doesn't take that long). The last two nights I read, tried to sleep, read again, tried to sleep again, read again, and then finally fell asleep north of midnight. Then proceeded to wake up at 3:00 in the morning. Needless to say I am just dead tired and really looking forward to a good nights sleep. I am feeling more clear headed just by being sober, but that is being impinged by the fogginess of sleep deprivation. I just want it to all come together. But I'm getting there, it's no reason to relapse.

Anyway, I again can't tell this group how much I appreciate the support, the wise words, the hot breakfasts, and everything else. So I will take another day of continued clarity, hopeful sleep, and 24 sober hours.

Comment

Great pics, Techie! The scenery looks stunning!
            Ginger that's awful about your friend. I can't imagine...
            BigAl, one foot in front of the other and keep walking. As Techie pointed out, the important thing is the direction you are headed. Get an AF compass!
            Hope it's not another eggshell day for you, QW. I sure can understand Mrs. Q's frustration as I am sure you do also. But it doesn't make it easier to walk on those things.
            24 more please for all of us here.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'm so sorry about your friend Ginger. I can't even imagine the pain that he was feeling before he took his own life. Some people see suicide as the only relief from the agony that haunts them. So very sad...

Thanks for the pics Techie! It's great that you and your wife share a love of the outdoors.

Hope that you have an eggshell free day QW!

Humbly asking for another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning. Ginger, I’m so sorry about your friend. That is so hard and awful for the family and friends. I have first hand experience with that due to a close family member that ended his life when his wife left him. It’s something you never get over. So very sorry for this loss. Big Al, you are doing great. So proud of you. Your sleep will eventually come back. Many of us women suffer from lack of sleep on a normal basis. As soon as my head hits the pillow my brain starts to work in full speed. UGH. Techie, great pic of you and the misses. You both look well and happy. Hope everyone has a great day today. Heading to the beach to read and relax today. My kids want to know what I’m relaxing from and I say I’m taking a break from retirement. LOL. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

That's terrible news [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], one can only imagine how low you must feel to take your own life. I wonder what his wife is going through right now, it must be very hard on her as well...

The sleep will return to normal [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] and probably even better than you were getting when you were drinking! Hang in there, better days are just around the corner!

Great pics [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! It's great that you and your wife enjoy the same things and can do them together.

Any news on the condo sales [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]?

Hope Mrs QW is having better days [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], never knowing what to say and the reaction you'll get is a tough part of being a caregiver.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, sorry for the loss of your friend. So sad.

Techie, thanks for posting pics! You and Mrs T make a handsome couple!!

Off to the thrift store and electronic recycling facility today to get rid of stuff we’re not using/don’t need/no longer works. I think the only reason we moved this stuff to the condo is because we ran out of time at the old house.

Our mild weather continues which makes my morning walks that much more enjoyable.

Big Al, one day at a time! You’ll beat the beast!!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Sorry for your loss Ginger,it's devastating Techie wonderful pics,you two look very happy together Big AL lack of sleep feels like a hangover to me,I can't handle the feeling very well and it makes me grumpy ,hope yours settles soon,waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks everyone. My mind is still reeling from the death of a good man. But I can't let it affect my sobriety!

Hoping for an easy AF day. 24 more, please.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and hearts and prayers out to Ginger and her friends family. Sadly, I know the pain of that as it has occurred in my family. Well, today I hike with my old group. This is a group that has met with tragedy before I moved to California. We were on a technicality challenging trek in Sedona. Mari, one of our oldest members was the sweep. The sweep makes sure all of the group is ahead of her. We makes sure nobody falls behind due to exhaustion or illness. The sweep is usually certified in wilderness medical first aid. There was a small group of aggressive hikers behind us. As they tried to pass Mari, the first hiker in the group tripped and hit into Mari. She fell 100+ meters off I into the canyon. So, we have a rule that whenever a group wants to pass which is rare (We are fast hikers) we stop and turn toward them. Such an awful day. BTW, I will try and get some pics today at Balanced Rock and will post them.

So, it is with a tremendous sense of gratitude that I accept another twenty four hours of high quality living. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Well, I managed to remain sober again today. I recall when I attempted the Anne Grace 30 Day Challenge, one of the video segments was about how your sleep cycle is so disrupted by alcohol.
                              Ya it's crazy how much booze effects your sleep. I'm still experiencing significant PAWS (17 days in) but my sleep is almost better now than it was when I was drinking (it's more like two solid blocks now, instead of tossing and turning half the night).
                              Last edited by Mulburry; September 30, 2021, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. Another sober day for me today. Had a few ups and downs but I made to evening and am just looking forward to a good read and hopefully a good nights sleep. A little bit disappointed I guess. My wife had a pretty rough day at her job and asked if I would be mad if she went over to her friends and had a couple of beers. She does not have a problem and can actually only have a couple of beers. She deserves to be able to do things like that, and I'm not going to tell her no, but it hurts a little bit for some reason. I think techie would tell me that it's ego talking.

Speaking of [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], it sounds like you are having a great time, but what a sad story of your hiking partner. I thought of that a couple of times today. Also thinking of [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION].

As QW said, one day at a time. Of course I'm keeping track on the chalkboard in the kitchen... Anyway, thanks to all and here's to another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X