~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self."
    ~ARISTOTLE

Such a sad story, Techie. What a tragic loss.

Welcome, Mulburry! Nice to see you in the Cafe!

24 more, please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:38am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great quote to start my day [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], thanks!

Good to see you here [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]! Why not grab a chair and join us! There's a few of us here from Canada and I'm guessing from your avatar you're from Alberta?

That is one of the hard things in early recovery [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], knowing others are drinking or being around others that are drinking. I don't have an easy solution on how to deal with those situations other than play the tape to the end and remember what having those couple of beers does to us...
        Last edited by abcowboy; October 1, 2021, 06:47 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Wow, I jumped right into my evening post last night and completely missed the fact that someone new had walked into the Cafe! Welcome [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]!

My friends, still battling sleep. Like 3-4 hours a night. It's killing me!

But, off to another sober day, at least it's Friday. Best to all.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Welcome, Mulberry, to the Cafe. We’re a small group of friendly, supportive and non-judgemental folks.

Techie, I hope Mari is OK. That must have been scary for everyone.

Off to an early morning medical appointment. I’d like to take the camera gear and head out to capture some fall colours but sadly Covid dictates otherwise.

Have a great af Friday everyone. Big Al, stay strong. You’re doing great!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Welcome Mulberry Techie that is so sad,is she OK? Big AL I can't sleep this week either so I feel your pain,I get like that from time to time but it really hinders life and makes me bitchy during the day waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning and welcome Mulburry. Techie so sad about your hiking partner. Ginger, still thinking about you. Big Al you are doing great. Hopefully sleep will come soon for you. Condo goes on the market today. Fingers crossed for a quick sale. We settle on the other condo in 2 weeks. Things are moving along but I will admit that I am very anxious over it.. Mr. R. Is very relaxed and not worried a bit. Me, a complete bundle of nerves. What a difference between 2 different personalities. Maybe that’s why he is the normal one. Wishing every a great Friday and 24 more for me please and thank you.

Comment

Welcome, Mulberry! Great job on 17 days.

Busy day here. Pain has come back with a vengeance. Ugh. I left the physical therapist scratching his head yesterday.

Hope everyone has a good AF day! 24 more!

Comment

Made it to N. Carolina after driving all night. I think that a nap is in order!

Another sober day please thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and a BIG WELCOME to [MENTION=3640]Mulberry[/MENTION]. Just a wonderful hike yesterday. I brought up Mari to those few hikers that were on the Sedona hike years earlier. BTW, Mari died instantly from that fall. Many of the new members asked a lot of questions and realize the importance of good spacing on narrow trail with deep drop offs. Yesterday was picture perfect. A few photos below.

It is with the deepest level of gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Remember, NOW is just what’s happening - minus what you think. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi friends. The pic below is the trail where the Mari hiking happened. There are certain trail in AZ that come with certain risks. This is one of them…

Last edited by techie; October 1, 2021, 12:03 PM. Reason: Added image
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Techie, how sad that Mari died. My condolences.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Awesome pics [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], that looks like a blast!

Back pain is no fun [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], mine is just starting to go away from the wreck, more muscle now since I carry myself a bit differently.

Made it a whole workweek sober. I'm happy about it. It will be a rough weekend as I will spend the entire day alone in the house tomorrow. Everyone else has work or something going on. Those are tough for me, maybe I'll go walk the trails. I am drinking some sleepy time tea in hopes that I won't wake up at 2:00 in the morning and maybe, just maybe I can get a solid six hours tonight (eight would be awesome). Fingers crossed.

I hope everyone had a great Friday. In my current insomnia I am rolling through books like nobody's business, but I am looking forward to a good read and sleep. I am also looking forward to another sober day tomorrow and finishing out a sober week on Sunday. So 24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

Humbly asking for another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

The leaves are starting to turn and fall. I realized yesterday that we will be enjoying full Fall color in the next few weeks.

BigAl it sounds like you need a plan for the weekend. Is there something you can do to get out of the house and out of yourself? It seems to me loneliness and boredom are a big trigger for many of us. I know alone time is a big trigger for me. You have a full work week! Yay! Keep it going.

24 more, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X