No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:37am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We already have beautiful fall colors [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], lots of leaves on the ground...

Hopefully they can find something to relieve your pain [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], and soon!

You got this [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! It's just 2 more days that end in y and soon you'll have a full week without drinking!

My moose meat has been soaking in the jerky brine for the last 30 hours, the neighborhood will smell like hickory smoke today as I have a full day of smoking ahead of me! I do have lots of little small projects to do around the house and yard while keeping an eye on the smoker, things I've been putting off for unknown reasons. Hard to believe it's been a year since I made the move to Veg...
      Last edited by abcowboy; October 2, 2021, 06:47 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Our fall colours are beautiful this year. Might just go to a local park with the camera when it warms up a bit.

I bought a new laptop a few weeks ago and finally got around to uploading about 2,000 photos yesterday. I’m getting used to a new editing program so will spend some time editing and likely discarding many of non-family pics over the winter.

Have a great af Saturday everyone.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Saturday all,have a wonderful AF day!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], you may have hit on my new approach. I’ll abstain on on days that end in “y”. The rest is fair game….

Comment

Another busy day! Pain is still terrible and I'm eating advil as often as the bottle says I can. I'm pretty sure this flare up is caused by the last exercise he added Tuesday. I'll talk to him about it this Tuesday.

Techie, such a tragic store about Mari. Over my years hiking, I've found myself in situations that are clearly unsafe. Fortunately, I've been lucky and now I'm just plain cautious! Your pictures gave me the itch to get back to AZ and those glorious winter hikes. Hoping my hip will allow it!

Waves to all! 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends fall color lovers. Leaving AZ on Sunday but we are planning on coming back for a month driving with doggie. It was just magical returning to places I have spent so much of my life enjoying. So, it is with a deep sense of gratitude I accept another twenty four. Blessings x

“Now is what’s happening - minus everything you think.” adyashanti
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. I filled up my morning working on my son's car with my Dad. It was good, something that doesn't happen when I'm not sober. So I carried that goodness through the afternoon. I do feel bad in that my moods swing a bit here in this week of sobriety. My daughter and her friend wanted to go to the store and buy some Halloween DVD's (yeah, still DVDs), so we went to the store and they were happy. But, my daughters nature is to always push, so it was "OK Dad let's also buy this and this and this". And instead of just rolling with it and enjoying the moment I, for some reason, had to be a "deliverer of life lessons" which ended with my daughter pissed, crying, me feeling like a dumbass for having to make a "thing" out of things, and just ruined it. I'm not sure why I have to be that way but I regret it not handling that better. I am hoping that things start to smooth out a bit and maybe I don't have to be such a dick to my kids when they do something a little bit outside of what I think they should do. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids to death and would do anything for them, I just tend to be a bit overbearing at times it seems. At least lately. Anyway, I feel stupid, and had to fight the "just F*$@k it" attitude afterwords to keep from using it as an excuse to drink. I was successful in that so at least at the end of the day I'm sober. One more day and I will have my week.

So, with that, another 24 please and thanks. Hope everyone had a wonderful Saturday.

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] close, right next door to you (the beautiful province, not the barren one, haha). I actually just nabbed that avatar pic off the net (though I'm pretty sure it's Lake Louise, right?), was in a hurry and just wanted to reflect my love of nature in the avatar.

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] stick with it, I've found sleep has gotten a lot better after about 2 weeks. Also, have you tried anything to help with that? I've found OTC meds to help in the past, and when I was really struggling trazodone worked well (helped with PAWS too; doc is actually suggesting I stay on it).
                    Last edited by Mulburry; October 2, 2021, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Enjoying vacation time with family, and am still booze free. Internet is spotty and often non-existent, so just a quick wave to everyone!

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Techie nice pictures and glad you had a good time. Big Al, even tho you pissed off your daughter you are still sober. So that is a win. Girls are hard for sure to handle. Their emotions are all over the map. Ginger, so sorry for all the pain you are in. That must be awful. Jude, hang in there your visit will be over soon. Hi to everyone else this Sunday morning. We sold our condo in 1 day. Cash offer just under asking price . Its a ball of stress of actually I’m feeling kind of relaxed. Its over. Now on to the next chapter. I was more anxious listing it and worrying. UGH. Gotta stay sober as being drunk will definitely not help things along. Wishing everyone a great Sunday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Congrats, Rava! That's great your condo sold so quickly and you are on to the next phase. You are right that drinking won't help move things along, but that should be our mantra here! LOL Being drunk won't help, but even worse, being hungover when there is so much to be done won't help either! Happy for you and Mr. R!

BigAl, so glad you didn't let the dust up with your daughter lead you down the rabbit hole. We have all been in moments like that with our children. Nobody is perfect for one thing, and for another thing I'm willing to bet that maybe you were a little bit wrong and a little big right at the same time. Don't be too hard on yourself!

Mulburry, stick around...Sunday is breakfast day in the Cafe!

Ginger, I hope you are feeling better.

Not sure what I'll do today, but whatever it is, I'll do it sober! 24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:51am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I'll get breakfast ready then be back...

Comment

I think you're right that it's Lake Louise [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], but BC also has some beautiful lakes!

That's great news [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Just to make the move now to your new home!

Comment

Working...
                                X