~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning cafe! Lots of flooding in the area due to yesterday's torrential downpours. So glad that I didn't have to drive anywhere!

Humbly asking for another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I see I just missed [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], hope she pops back in for some coffee and breakfast!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I mentioned to my new doc the other day that I’d been strongly advised to stop walking about 15 months ago by another doctor. She was stunned and said if I enjoy it and I’m not in pain from walking, keep going. So in celebration, I’ve increased my route by another kilometre. I never did stop walking but had shortened my route. Plus, it’s a huge mental health break for me and a huge stress reliever.

Techie, hope the aches and pains are manageable.

Sunny and warm today so off to enjoy a walk.

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Techie, continued prayers for you both! So glad your pup wasn't with you.

Sending thoughts and prayers to BigAl.

I continue to improve. That episode of pain scared me to death! The thought of living like that was overwhelming. Thank you all for being here and always having my back! I'll gladly take 24 more!

Comment

Wow! That's a yummy breakfast, Cowboy! Thanks!

It's amazing that two doctors would give you such opposite advice regarding the walking, QW. My doc always encourages me to keep walking and stay active. Use it or lose it! I'm glad you never gave up the walking in spite of the advice to do so. You are right about the importance of it as a stress reducer. Much needed on egg shell days!

I wish we would've gotten some of that heavy rain Jude. We only got a 1/4-1/2 inch.

Today will be a great day for 24 hours of freedom!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross-posted Ginger! I am glad you are starting to feel better and I hope it continues! Bouts of severe pain are very frightening, indeed.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those needing prayers. We are doing well. The Chiropractor we saw yesterday is coming to the house again this morning. Our aches and pains are a bit more pronounced today. We will get in the pool so that should help after our treatment. So, with deep appreciation for life I accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Thoughts with BigAl. Blessings x
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Wish that I could send you some rain dill. We had about 3 inches the other day and it's coming down hard as I write this. To be honest, I'd rather see snow!
                    [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], so sorry that you and your wife are in so much pain, but things could have been so much worse. Heal quickly!

QW, I don't understand why any doctor would advise you to discontinue your walks if it didn't cause you any pain. So glad that you have found a doc that you like!

Sorry that I missed breakfast yesterday cowboy. It looks delicious! Maybe I should start sleeping in on Sundays!

My thoughts are with you [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], and I hope that you are doing well.

I'd be grateful for another 24!

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

"If plan A fails, remember there are 25 more letters."

I think I may've gone through our entire alphabet in these past 12 years! Hang in there BigAl.
                        The quote also applies to this:

We were shut down right in the middle of our clearing project by the Township Fire Chief! All the years we have lived here we have always been able to do open burns of brush when clearing. The only requirement was to notify the fire department ahead of the burn. We were stung by "progress". Our village extended their boundary lines and now we are a mile closer to the limits than we used to be. According to state fire codes open burns cannot take place within a mile of a town, city or village. So, we got a lot cleared, and now we have huge piles that we cannot burn! We are working on what we will do next. One solution is to truck it out, but that is a cost we were not planning on... So, we shall see. We are working through our disappointment. But the work that was done so far did make a huge difference and you are right Cowboy how amazing it is when you can see the ground. It's really a lovely spot!

24 more please and thank you.
                        Last edited by dill; October 18, 2021, 06:43 AM.
                        Dill

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, glad you’re dealing with less pain & discomfort.

Techie, thinking about you and hoping you’re both on the mend.

Dill, great quote. Never give up is our motto. Can you advertise “Free Firewood” to get rid of the trees you cut down?

Cowboy, I forgot to say thanks for brekkie yesterday. Thanks!

More medical appointments today but then no more until next week.

Thinking of Big Al, hope he’s doing well.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Monday all!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Techie, glad you have access to a chiropractor on short notice. Hope you both continue to see improvement.

BigAl, thinking of you and your path to freedom.

Hope everyone has an easy AF Monday. I'm thankful for each and everyone of you. Loved that quote, Dill. Spot on! I'll take 24 more.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and rain lovers. We are still sore and achy. We leave Monarch Bay tomorrow and head to Santa Barbara for two days then home to deal with all the fallout. On the way hone we will stop at the tow yard and get any remaining things we left out of the suv. We will also try and stop at the crash site to take pics. However, we feel blessed and grateful to be alive, and thankful we didn’t take our dog on this trip. So, with the deepest gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

P.S. you got this @BidAl
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X