~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks for the quote dill! I think that QW had a great idea as far as getting rid of the brush. Advertise it as free firewood.

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:08am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Agreed, that is a great quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I wonder if it would be cheaper to get the trackhoe back in and bury the brush piles? That's what a lot of farmers do around here when clearing fields.

Thinking of you [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]....
        Last edited by abcowboy; October 19, 2021, 06:15 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

“Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.”
          ~LILLIAN DICKSON

But like a coin, we can make change: If we think we are spending it he wrong way, we can make change and spend the rest of it in a better way!

The fire wood idea is a good one, but there is SO Much there and much of it is not hard wood and is piled in amongst thorny trees and bushes. It would take the rest of our lives to cull it out and cut it up for sale and we already have good hardwood firewood elsewhere on the property for our personal wood source. If we invited people to cut their own there would be liability and possibly they could make matters worse. And still we will have humongous amounts of brush. Trust me, most of it is not good quality firewood.

I was listening to a podcast interview the other day and at the end, just kind of squeezed in, the interviewer teased out that the subject had made a decision three years ago to improve his health and well-being. In that effort he quit drinking because he said he had not been able to control his ability to moderate and realized he'd best let it go. He also talked about how he opened up his heart and mind to exploring his spiritual side. Being as he was an author, it all reminded me of our resident author, Techie. And also all of us. But what I really kind of appreciated was that it was just a mention. A thoughtful mention at he end of the interview. It was important to him to share but I got the feeling he did not want it to become what defined him. I could relate to that!

Gratefully accepting another 24.
          Last edited by dill; October 19, 2021, 06:08 PM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross-post, Cowboy! Thanks for that suggestion and I'll run it by Mr. D. But we have another issue that may preclude that. The area sits on limestone and there is very little depth to the soil. Still, as I say, I will run that by Mr. D. It's a pickle! Not a sweet one, either!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Had a very productive day yesterday and accomplished everything on our list.

Today our Parkinson’s care partner support group meets via Zoom. We get together once a month for 90 minutes. I find it very worthwhile to learn what others are going through and it seems every month I learn there are new resources and practices available. The meeting is coordinated by a lady whose husband died from Parkinson’s in 2016, after suffering for almost 10 years. During their PD journey, she met so many helpful, caring people, she decided to continue her involvement.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Awesome quote Dill wishing everyone a wonderful AF Tuesday!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I feel like I have been gone for a while. Yesterday was spent in the airport between flights. We are now visiting family for a week. The new condo is in complete disarray. I feel disjointed and unorganized. UGH. It will all come together in time. The sellers had turned their ice maker off and the inspector didnt notice that it was broken. So now another issue. That will not make me drink tho for sure. Cowboy thanks for the breakfast on Sunday. Techie glad you are doing better. What a mess that must have been for you. Dill the burn ban certainly does put a wrinkle on everything……Seems like sometimes nothing goes as planned. Ginger, glad you are feeling better as well. Big Al, thinking of you as you are in your rehab program working towards sobriety. Wishing everyone a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Dill, love the quote and your insights. Thanks!

Back flared yesterday but I followed the advice of the new PT and got it under control. She said I may continue to have flares, perhaps forever! Now that's disturbing. Counting my blessings because I have many.

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], keeping you in my thoughts and sending you strength to conquer the beast once and for all!

24 more for me please!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and fellow coins. Thank you, Dill. We are heading up to Santa Barbara today. We are going to do a long soak in the hot tub at our hotel. Body still quite achy. Praying all in pain get some relief. It is always with a loving heart and appreciation for the power of the human mind that I accept another sober twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Hope you are doing well, BigAl. Blessings x
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning cafe!

Thinking of you as well [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], and hoping that you are getting the help that you need.

24 more please...

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]@Rava [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Originally posted by @Rava
                            Dill the burn ban certainly does put a wrinkle on everything……Seems like sometimes nothing goes as planned.
                            Yes, Rava. It seems as Roseanne Roseannadanna once famously said, "It's always something!" You are going thru much worse at the moment than I am, but we will both weather the storm.

QW, that Partner Support group sounds like an invaluable resource. What a fine person that coordinator must be.

Ginger, when do you head south? Have you started researching doctors in Arizona or are you waiting until you are there and can talk to locals.

Still no hard freeze here altho we have been down as low as 38-40 a couple of nights recently. So, the Fall colors are not in full glory as of yet in our area.

24 more please and thank you.
                            Last edited by dill; October 20, 2021, 06:50 AM.
                            Dill

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, that sucks you were left with a broken ice maker. The day we moved into the condo, we found the heating system needed a new zone valve, an expense of $430 we hadn’t counted on. It was maddening but to go after the vendors would have cost more in fees than the repair cost. And we found a few things had not been maintained, like the gas fireplace and the dryer vent.
                              Hope you don’t find any more aggravations.

Our support group had a couple of new members yesterday but sadly one of our long time participants hasn’t been heard from in 3 months. One of the most frustrating things about Parkinson’s is that there are so many side effects, from the disease and the meds, that each day can differ so much from the previous one. It’s good to learn from the other care partners what issues they deal with in case the same issues present here.
                              An important component of our sessions is about what, as care partners, we do to look after ourselves. And we try to keep this part of the session fun. I decided about a month ago, since I don’t have to look like my passport photo for a while, that I’d grow a beard. It was suggested that I could be a mall Santa since my beard is mostly white plus I wouldn’t need too much padding to fill the costume!

Mrs QW just told me I’m a good husband and she appreciates what I do for her. I’ll keep that in mind for the next rough day.

Techie, hope the aches are diminishing. Hope too that Big Al is making good progress.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning my peeps!

QW, I laughed out loud at that! If you dawn a red suit, please post a pic. You truly are a blessing to Mrs QW. I know a man down south that put his wife in a nursing home so he could keep going south and jokes about it. Such an asshat!

We head south as soon as our first great grandson is born and we can meet hubby's first namesake. We are in the "due date" range now. I'm firing my doc here so I'll be looking for docs both here and there.

Thinking of you [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION].

Woke up to a light rain. Yay! 24 more is in order here. Thank you all for being here!

Comment

Working...
                                X