~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Sending thoughts to [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. Safe travels and good day to all of you. Quick check in! I'll thankfully take 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and prescription glasses wearers. Home safe and sound. Lots of much needed rain today. Also, lots to do today. So, with a song on my heart and a deep sense of gratitude I accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

SHOUTOUT to BA!!!
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

It must be so uplifting to finally have rain in California! Glad you're home safe and sound, Techie. I wish safe travels to you, Rava and Ginger. BigAl my thoughts are definitely with you and I hope you are getting the help you need.

Thought of you Cowboy when we were trying to get our old dog up into the back of the Ranger to take her for a ride. Well, actually I was thinking more of your dog. His name escapes me at the moment. But he seems to be so similar to our old girl, Tessa. Anyway, Tessa has been having a harder and harder time getting up in the Ranger and she now simply can't do it unassisted. We have to lift her hind end in now. She is 10 years old but has never been very flexible and she is getting less so all the time. It makes me sad to see her aging so quickly. How is your old boy?

Hello Jude, QW and Pauly.

24 more, please and thank you.
        Last edited by dill; October 23, 2021, 05:58 AM.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hank will be 13 in December [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. He's really starting to show his age now as his arthritis is getting worse in his back legs. He has trouble going up and down the stairs and needs help most of the time, but he's a fighter and refuses to let a few problems keep him from doing what he wants to do lol.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hank sure has a fighting spirit! Good for him! I hope we have Tessa around three years from now. Some breeds seem to age faster than others. Anyway, in the meantime we are going to have to make and adaptive loading platform or something as she is too heavy for me to load all by myself. She will be crushed if we go off into the woods without her!

I hope we all have another 24 hours of freedom and gratitude.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning from the campsite. Campfire smell everywhere. I solved that issue by wearing the same clothes today. I will just call them my campfire clothes. The funny part is that I’m super clean but at a campsite i feel super dirty and stinky. So today is another day with the grands and we get all dressed up in halloween gear. Lots of fun. Will be staying at a hotel tomorrow night where I can shower and be all clean again. LOL. Last night there was lots of drinking and I was completely sober. It was kinda of fun watching all the shenanigans. I’m sure there will be lots of big heads this morning! Hope everyone has a great Saturday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We’re getting lots of rain today but I’m heading out for a walk anyway. I really miss having a dog to walk with (but not the smell of wet dog!) and recall as our dogs aged, having to help them up stairs, into the back of the Jeep, etc. Kristie used to love going for rides in the Jeep but when she could no longer jump up to get in, would sit by the bumper, put her front paws on it and wait to be lifted.

Next week Mrs QW has an appointment with a gastroenterologist to see if they can find out why she’s lost, and continues to lose, so much weight. Hopefully they will be able to solve the problem rather than just eliminate yet one more possibility. We know a lot of what it isn’t, just not what it is.

Techie, glad you’re safely home and that you’re both making progress in your recovery from the accident. Big Al, thinking about you.

Have a great af Saturday everyone.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

QW, unexplained weight loss must be so worrisome for both of you. Hoping you get some answers soon.

Our "Ginger" turned 12 in September and is showing her age something fierce. I feel like this may be her last winter going south. Dang this pup has had a great life of adventures. Such a devoted companion.

Last night I had two drinks with hubby. It was relaxing and we had an enjoyable happy hour chatting about our upcoming trip. I choose not to beat myself up about this and I choose to ask for 24 hours of no AL today!

Hope everyone has an easy day.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
                          QW, unexplained weight loss must be so worrisome for both of you. Hoping you get some answers soon.

Our "Ginger" turned 12 in September and is showing her age something fierce. I feel like this may be her last winter going south. Dang this pup has had a great life of adventures. Such a devoted companion.

Last night I had two drinks with hubby. It was relaxing and we had an enjoyable happy hour chatting about our upcoming trip. I choose not to beat myself up about this and I choose to ask for 24 hours of no AL today!

Hope everyone has an easy day.
                          Our Maddie (Goldendoodle) just turned 12. She has slowed down considerably. I have to pick her up to go on car rides. She loved loved loved hiking but can’t do it any more. It is difficult but I have to accept what is. So, I understand completely. Sending hugs to your Ginger!

The Mad (Maddie) Dog
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                            Hank will be 13 in December [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. He's really starting to show his age now as his arthritis is getting worse in his back legs. He has trouble going up and down the stairs and needs help most of the time, but he's a fighter and refuses to let a few problems keep him from doing what he wants to do lol.
                            Prayers and hugs to Hank. I know how difficult it is to see them in decline, Cowboy.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends sand dog lovers everywhere. Looking forward to seeing doc on Tuesday morning. I’m having difficulty with my arms and hands. Considerable loss of strength with tingling at fingertips. I did hit my head hard above drivers side window frame. Ugh. Will get CT scan. My thinking is off too. I read this is not unusual after a severe auto accident. We shall see. Mrs. Techie does not want me running or on the bicycle. To be honest, I’m rather concerned about my ability to do it. However, it is fall and it’s my favorite time of year. We have this little place we go for apples and pie. They have these hot apple cider donuts that turn me into a donut eating machine. I generally do not eat donuts, but these are heavenly. Sadly, we get few to no trick or treaters on Halloween. We live in a snooty golf community and that is one of the downsides. I miss that. Our last home in Scottsdale, we were on a golf course (I ❤️ Golf) but we would get 100-200 kids. Loved it!

It is with the upmost sense of gratitude that I accept another twenty four. I’m so appreciative that I have a place to share some of what I’m going through. Thank you friends. I wish you all the best day possible. We miss you [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] but so happy you are getting treatment. Update us when you can. Blessings x

Comment

No porch this morning! Coffee indoors due to 35° temps.

QW, I sure hope that you and Mrs. QW get some answers soon regarding her weight loss. It must be so frustrating searching for answers to your medical concerns.

I have 3 Border Collie's, all between 10 and 11 years old. They are slowing down a little, but not much! BC's are known to be long-lived, and I hope that they are with us for years to come!

Good job not drinking the other night [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I know how hard it is to stay sober when everyone else is chugging down the booze!

Cute pup techie!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X