~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Love your attitude [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! You're an inspiration to us all!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:34am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy AF Friday all,QW I'm sorry they couldn't find any answers for Mrs.QW,like you said add it to the list,Techie you've always been a great inspiration I love your attitude and wish I was like you, always positive but I guess I'm the opposite no bueno! Lots of love sent to you all and hope we all have a wonderful AF day!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sorry you and Mrs. QW didn't get any answers yet QW. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

We took a tour of the new Career Center our tax dollars helped build. We had our grandson with us and he marvelled at it. He hopes to attend there for his last two years of high school.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Hope the car shopping goes well Techie. Hope too that you get some good news on the medical front, you deserve to.

Thinking about you Big Al!

Have a great af Friday everyone.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Running late for appt. 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and loving supporters. Good news. My cornea was scratched by contact lens from the crash. It will heal, so nothing terribly serious. Mrs. Techie is doing better. We meet with attorney on the 10th. We are hiring an attorney because we feel the fellow that hit us reckless. He said he wasn’t on his phone so an attorney can request his phone records. I will need surgery in my spine before I will be able to pursue my sport again.

It is with deep loving gratitude that I accept another twenty four. BTW, I find posting here about life’s issues very cathartic. I wish you all the best day and weekend possible. Love you all. Blessings x

BA x
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Glad your eye injury wasn’t more serious Techie.

I’m no fan of lawyers/attorneys but this definitely sounds like a good time to have one working for you. The other morning on the way to the hospital, we followed a driver who was texting. And he was all over his lane & sat through an advance green traffic light. WTH could be that important at 6AM? No wonder insurance premiums are so high.

Glad Mrs T is doing better!

QW
                  Last edited by Quit wining; November 5, 2021, 11:50 AM.

24/7/365

Comment

Late check in for me. We got up at 4 am and drove to the airport only to miss our flight. Talk about a bad day…. I was able to turn it around and get a lot of stuff done around the condo. Tomorrow I will get up at 3 am so this wont happen again. It was totally our fault as we didnt allow enough time for all the long term parking issues and waiting for the bus, etc. Hard lesson learned but no drinking over this shitshow. Techie, glad your eye will heal easily. Glad you wife is feeling better too. Hi to everyone and hope its been a good day. Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], glad that your wife is doing better, and that the injury to your eye wasn't worse.
                      [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], are there any more tests that can help diagnose Mrs. QW's weight loss? Have you thought about getting a second opinion?

Hopefully you caught your flight on time this morning Rava!

Thinking of you [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:19am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hopefully you're in the air as I'm typing this [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], wouldn't want you missing your flight 2 days in a row lol

You have to let us know what this Career Center is all about [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

Hank was up early this morning. He must have thought time change was last night lol. Lots of time for coffee this morning!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I returned from treatment last night with the full blessing of my counselor. Wow, I can’t even begin to describe the mental, physical, and spiritual changes that took place over the last three weeks. For the first time in a long time I feel excited about the future, not so fearful of change, and aware of the defense mechanisms that have driven my thinking and behavior for the last few decades. It honestly feels like I went through a metamorphosis of sorts and emerged from treatment with a completely different perspective on what has, in the past, driven me to anxiety, self-doubt, fear, jealousy, bravado, and of course my drug of choice, alcohol. There is no doubt that a treatment program was exactly where I needed to be. As much as I had no desire to be there, to be yanked from my comfort zone and thrust into a group of people I did not know (and then be vulnerable), it was both a necessary and transformative experience.

As I read through the posts this morning I was overcome / amazed / extremely grateful for the support that everyone on this forum has shown. I can’t really put into words how much it means to me that you all kept me in your thoughts and sent such positive energy my way. All I can say is it worked, and that I am so very grateful. I feel good, better than I have in a long long time. I met some excellent people who’s stories were heartbreaking and yet they persevere. I then realized that I am also one of these people and I am going to persevere as well. So, with that I want to again convey my deepest and warmest thanks to all for their support, and I am going to spend the day with my wife and kids in a state of gratitude. I’m alive, I have hope, and I am determined to never go back to the place I was at on October 15.

24 more please and thanks.
                            Last edited by BigAl; November 6, 2021, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Welcome home, BigAl! It's so wonderful to hear what a positive experience you had in treatment! Will you be continuing with outpatient support for a while? It seems that would be an important thing to do. I applaud you for taking the difficult steps to take a pause and really focus in a serious way on finding out what was holding you back. :heartbeat:

Cowboy our career center is basically a vocational training school. During the last two years of high school these students opt to take a career/vocational track as opposed to a college prep track. The graduate from high school with a certifiable skill and employment advantage. They can go directly into a work field or of course if they choose to they can go on to more schooling at a community college that offers further training and often also an option to complete a 4 year college degree. It's a win-win for the student, especially those that struggle with traditional academics.

Techie so sorry you have to undergo surgery, but pleased they found the issue and can fix it.

24 more for all of us please.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

YAY BIG AL! You made my day with your post. Absolutely thrilled for you, your family and what lies ahead!! Your Cafe friends sure missed you and are so glad to have you back. Well done!!

Our family doctor has arranged for more tests Jude. My sister and brother in law are both doctors and we regularly consult with them. It seems like these tests are a process of elimination which explains why we know so much of what it isn’t. We just have to find out what it is. More appointments next week are scheduled.

Techie, hope you and Mrs T have a day with fewer aches and pains. Any timetable for your surgery?

Have a great af Saturday everyone.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X