• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy AF Saturday everyone!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yay! [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], so glad to have you back and hear that your experience was positive and healing. Amen to that!!

Techie, happy to hear that your eye situation wasn't more serious! Hope that your surgery gets you back to your pre-accident state.

Dill, we have a very similar option for vocational training. My granddaughter attended and received her cosmetology license. We need more vocational training options for kids in this country.

Another beautiful day in the valley of the sun. Waves to all and hope we all have an easy AF day. 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and answered prayers. It was fricking wonderful to read your post this morning, [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. God bless you. Your life will continue to improve. So, there will be no whining from me today. I’m just full of joy today. So, it is with deep appreciation and gratitude that I join you and our brother BigAl is another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], so glad to see you back at the cafe! It sounds as though you had an amazing experience during rehab! Use the tools that you have learned to keep the beast at bay! So happy for you!
          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], we also have vocational training here as well. I think that it's a great idea, and it puts people into the job market much quicker and affordably than a traditional college education.

Thanks for the quote [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! It's a good one!

Humbly asking for another 24 for all of us!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Again, I can't put into words how much the support means to me. [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], the facility I went to for treatment was a full 3 hours away, but did offer both IOP (intensive outpatient) and OP (outpatient). Since I am so far away from the staff and counselors it was not in the cards for me to continue with that group. I looked and found both IOP and OP locally, but am replacing that with a 2x per week (at least initially) session with an addiction recovery therapist and regular meetings with other like minded individuals. I have attended meetings in the past but was never able to stick it out, but I have found a group here with a flavor that is much more appealing than what I have seen in the past. So, between the therapist and regular meetings, daily journaling, meditation, and yoga (yes we did daily yoga in treatment with an excellent instructor and it was fantastic), the support network that is my wife and family, I feel solid. To be honest, the biggest difference is in the way I am learning to cut through my own bulls%$t and realize how my old way of thinking was forcing me into a continuously defensive, negative, and ultimately emotionally detrimental state of mind. It is refreshing to start to glimpse pieces of myself, and not the ego driven alcoholic that has been in the drivers seat for way way too long.

Anyway, I feel like I went off on a tangent, but the last few weeks have been so filled with counseling and introspection that it is hard to not still be wrapped in the vernacular and mindset of rehab (which is not such a bad thing). I'm sober, I feel good, whatever happens as I start to sort out my work situation (I just disappeared from work), it will not be as bad as where I was; and for the first time it feels manageable.

With that, I wish everyone an absolutely wonderful Sunday as we shed our daylight savings time (does Canada follow the daylight savings and standard time changes?), and am looking forward to another 24.

Comment

5:36am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

A bit late with breakfast this morning, I'll blame it on the time change lol...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It is so good to have you back with us in the Café [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], and even better to see you in such a positive frame of mind! You go ahead a talk about your experience all you want, and keep those feelings fresh in your mind everyday as you move forward! As for your job, don't start worrying over it just yet, if one door closes another one always opens! And yes, we do the yearly time changes in Canada except for the Province of Saskatchewan. They stay on DST year round.

I think it's great to have facilities like those [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! It gives the students more options as they come out of high school. And lets face it, not everyone has the mental capabilities, or desire, or finances to go on to College or University. There is getting to be such a shortage of skilled tradespeople, in every field, not just construction.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, please keep sharing as much of your experiences with the Cafe as you feel comfortable sharing. As far as work is concerned, I hope they’ll be thrilled to welcome the new you. As Cowboy said, if they don’t welcome you with open arms and that door closes, another one will open. I was devastated many years ago when I was downsized but it led to my dream job where I never worked a day!

Great brekkie Cowboy, thanks!

Off for a walk to start the day. Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy to have you back Big AL! Waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF Sunday!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I second everyone's comments, BigAl! Share all that you want. I know I can use the wisdom you accumulated the last 3 weeks! Thank you for being here.

AZ doesn't change time. Sure wish Washington would adopt that policy. Just one more antiquated policy that needs to go away, imo.

Hope we all have a lovely AF Sunday. Early morning hike planned here. Keeping my fingers crossed the sciatic pain stays at bay!

24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and does anyone know what time it is? Hahaha. I did enjoy the extra hour of sleep and also the update from [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. I love it they we are all here posting about our lives, our life honoring blessed sobriety. That is indeed living our best life. When we break the chain of addiction everything becomes possible. Two years after quitting the pills and drink, I competed in The Ironman Triathlon, and finished in the top five in my age class. We can all do what before seemed insurmountable. We don’t have to go BIG, just start. I like to use the analogy of three foot tosses. That seems doable. So, go make something happen. Challenge yourself. Stretch yourself, as the only limitation is between your ears.

Thank you for the GREAT breakfast Cowboy. I need that fuel after that extra hour of sleep. So, it is with the deepest level of gratitude that I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Have a wonderful week ahead. Blessings x
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Just a quick check in for me today. We've had our granddaughter for two nights now and I'm tuckered out!

I just took it for granted that every U.S. state had the vocational/career track available. I feel lucky to be in a a state that does.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], I have no problem with you sharing your experiences here at the cafe! It's such a joy to see you with so much hope and a renewed sense of purpose.

I woke up today grateful for my sobriety. Some days it's difficult to admit that I can never drink like "normal" people, but the rewards for living alcohol free are far greater than the few moments of pleasure that booze provides us. We all know what comes after the first couple of drinks. Remembering the hangovers, blackouts, and anxiety that comes after a night of drinking, helps me to stay on track, and I am so grateful for that.

Thanks for another great breakfast yesterday cowboy! Yum!

Happily signing up for another 24 hours!

Comment

Thanks for that reminder Jude of just how precious it is to wake up sober and how much the ability to drink on occasion pales in comparison. It's always good to have a moment of reflection like that. It's especially helpful at the beginning of a new day. Again, thanks.

I'm having trouble adjusting to the time change. It usually takes about a week for me, so I guess I'm just going to have to ride it out!

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X