~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Great to hear you're coming through the other side [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] !

Also, I hear you on the work thing. I also drifted through work and eventually came to realize I was pretty unhappy in my job, and that may have partially contributed to drinking. Even though it can feel devastating at the time, losing my job may have been a blessing in disguise because it gave me time to focus on my health and alcohol dependence (there's just absolutely no way I could be going through this and working at the same time).

Oh ya, and also, I really could use another 24 (preferably days but I won't be greedy).
    Last edited by Mulburry; November 10, 2021, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Hello [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]!

Glad that your doc appointment went well QW!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:44am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]wogg [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sorry that I haven't had time to do a proper post as Adam has been staying with us the last couple of days for hunting. He's headed back to Sherwood Park tonight, then coming back out Friday morning so I'll have some time tomorrow morning!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My favourite hockey player on my favourite hockey team, Carey Price of the Montreal Canadiens, has just re-joined the team after entering a month long program for substance abuse. He hasn’t said what his addiction was and has asked for privacy for him and his family. He has received nothing but support from his team, fans, the NHL and we’re eagerly awaiting his return to play.

Mulberry, great to see you in the Cafe! I think a lot of men identify who they are by the job they have. I know I did and for a long time. And in retrospect, the job contributed to my drinking in many ways. For most of my working life, my employers didn’t care about their employees, just how much money we could make for them. It took me a long time to figure out that all I was to the company was so many dollars spent as opposed to how many dollars earned and the scale was always tipped in their favour.

Tomorrow is Remembrance Day. As I do every year, I’ll watch the ceremony from the War Memorial in Ottawa. And I’ll watch, a few times, the video A Pittance of Time by Nova Scotian Terry Kelly, a good reminder of the sacrifices made by so many so we can enjoy freedom.
            Lest We Forget

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Defo someone here too who's job contributed to the drinking,never touched a drop until about 2 years into starting at that salon,dunno of it was stress,the coworkers glamorizing drinking,or what that made me pick up and after that took me so damn long to put down very strange Everyone sounds like they're doing well here so I'll wish us all a happy 24!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and NHL fans. Well, we finally have a face to face meeting with our attorney re: the accident on October 15th. The insurance company is pushing us to settle but I may need surgery and no idea about recovery time. So, we shall see. Other than that, I gratefully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Nice to have you here [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]
                Last edited by techie; November 10, 2021, 10:42 AM.
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Quick check in here. I hope everyone has a great day and we all enjoy 24 hours of freedom.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Techie, no surprise the insurance company is pushing for you to settle. The longer you take to settle, the more it’s likely to cost them. My suggestion is to refer the insurance company to your attorney.

In banking, there’s a saying that your first loss is your smallest loss. Guess it’s the same with insurance companies and how they view settlements.

Years ago our oldest son was involved in a car accident, he was a passenger in a vehicle where the driver fell asleep, the car left the road and crashed into a culvert. Lying in his hospital bed, a claims adjuster came to see him with a settlement offer which turned out to be about 10 times less than what he ultimately received.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hey cafe. I just read all the posts. I’m using my phone so I can’t type much. Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Late check in! Trying to get in the desert early for walking to avoid the heat. When we got back it slipped my mind. 24 more here!!

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends! Holy cow what a long day. I know I put my family in a heck of a bind going to treatment, but the house was a WRECK! I spent all day long just cleaning. But that's ok, I find it to be somewhat cathartic, and I am willing to do all kinds of chores for the support I receive from them. Tomorrow I am going to hopefully finish cleaning, and then maybe start on some new radius arm bushings for my old Bronco. Things are going well. I have been journaling like crazy and getting in 15 minutes or so of yoga each morning. Maybe I'll join the local yoga group one of these days when I can muster the courage. Great to see you on the thread [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]. I hope everyone had a wonderful Wednesday and I will take 24 more please.

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                            Nice to have you here [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]
                            There are so many different sections on this forum, it's a little hard to keep up, so I usually just do some periodic skimming, and pop in with a comment once in a while, haha.

Comment

No need to apologize cowboy. We understand that everyone has lives outside of the cafe, and that certain times are busier than others. How is the hunting going?

Asking for another 24 hours of freedom!

Comment

5:32am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X