No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're talking jobs associated with hardcore drinkers, look no further than tradespeople lol. I've yet to meet any of them that weren't into boozing. I've been in the trades for almost 50 years, and most of those years were heavy to problem drinking years. But I also know quite a few recovering alcoholic tradespeople, so there is hope for everyone!

The hunting is great [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], the shooting isn't so good lol. Neither Adam or I have set our sights on a deer yet. Things are so different this year with him staying with us instead of me staying with them, but then things are always changing aren't they. Lot's of times things change our lives that we have no control over and it gives us that excuse to get drunk again. Being sober means recognizing the things we have no control over, and adjusting and controlling our reactions to them. Life is so much easier being sober instead of being a drunk and sometimes I forget that...
    Last edited by abcowboy; November 11, 2021, 07:45 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Our son the butcher works for a company that processes wild game Cowboy and currently he’s working 10-14 hour days trying to handle the volume. On these long work days I generally pick him up after work and give him a ride home. He appreciates not having the 20 minute walk after being on his feet all day.
      There are animals being harvested, one of his clients has 10 deer tags and has already filled 3. Hope you and Adam are able to fill your tags Cowboy! But, I bet the best part of hunting is just being out in nature and spending time with Adam.

Big Al, you sound great! Absolutely thrilled for you.

If you have an opportunity today, thank a vet. And if you can, find a way to support them with funds or food as so many are struggling.

LEST WE FORGET

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Never forget QW! I've noticed the younger generations here don't give the military,active servicemen or vets the respect they deserve, it's more of a disdain? Or hatred of the military? Can't put my finger on it but just hearing the conversations amongst them really pisses me off,anyhoo waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning and Happy Veterans Day to anyone one here that has served. Wishing everyone an AF day. Big Al, your whole personality is so positive. You are in inspiration to many of us! Keep up the good work. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Long night! Our old dog seems to be having night terrors. Only thing that remotely helps is letting her on the bed. Problem is, she's big and the bed in the RV is a small queen. Poor old girl. 😢

I'll take 24 hours!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and new posters. I gratefully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I surely hope you and your old dog get a better night's sleep tonight, Ginger!

24 more for all of us please.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. Another busy day, but the house is slowly gaining order. The bushings on the Bronco are going to have to wait until the penetrating lube works its way into the bolts that need to come out. That's the only problem with working on old vehicles, and you definitely don't want to shear a bolt off. I am feeling good. I had a nice long conversation with the boy, funny enough he is very interested in what I did in rehab and how it is going to help me. He is a perceptive kid for a 16 year old. Preparing a menu for our family dinner on Sunday, I think I'll go with beef stew, slow and low on the stove for a few hours.

Next week will be the difficult conversation with my boss at work. I still have a bit of planning to get it right and make sure that I am armed to ask for what I want and ready to move on if that is the case. I'm not looking forward to it but despite all of my worry I feel a sense of peace in my approach. Again, there is nothing that can be worse than where I was at four weeks ago tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a great Thursday and I will take 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

Rainy and windy here, but I'm still dry!

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:36am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, what time is dinner on Sunday? Beef stew is a favourite comfort food in our house. I like your approach to your upcoming talk with your boss. Hopefully they will embrace the new you and appreciate the tremendous effort you made to improve your life at home and at work. You know what you want and what you need and if your employer isn’t receptive, you’re prepared to move on. Sounds like you’re well prepared.

Still no news from Mrs QW’s latest tests and she’s getting depressed. She’s talking about going into an assisted living facility. We have some options for in home care so will research those.

Have a great af Friday everyone.

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, sending positive thoughts for you and Mrs. It's so frustrating to wait, not knowing what is wrong.

BigAl, your plan sounds solid. You got this.

Poor pup seems to have had a bit of a breakdown while we were gone a couple hours yesterday. She pretty much tossed the place. She's never, ever done this. Calling the vet today.

I need another 24. 😫

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and beef stew lovers. Great progress [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. Busy busy day with a fund raiser this evening. So, with the deepest appreciation and gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends! Spent the majority of the day with my lovely wife just running errands. Cars needed service, cleaned the carpets, took all of the garden hoses inside, went through all of my old clothes in the closet and donated the vast majority (I dropped some weight). All in all it was a good day. Still in the process of letting some time pass and achieving stability through continued sobriety. Today is the four week mark; something I have done a number of times in the past but am committed to continue this time. Something as simple as experiencing enjoyment in life is beginning to surface with more frequency. I marvel at how good it feels to feel good. It sounds cliche and canned, but it really is a source of surprise and contentment. I think back to my darker days and wonder how I ever believed that the answer lay in poisoning myself.

Anyway, enough of that. I hope everyone had a wonderful Friday and that techie is raising funds out the wazoo. I am looking to another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

QW, I sure hope that you and Mrs QW get some sort of diagnosis soon. There are many options for in-home care, although it can be expensive. Assisted living is also pricey, at least in the US. Hope that you find answers soon, and come up with a solution that's beneficial to both of you. :hug:

Sounds like you're doing great [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! Keep it up!

Looking forward to another sober day!

Comment

Working...
                                X