~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Big Al, your spirit is amazing. Happy 30 days as well to you. QW I am hoping you get some answers soon. Ginger I wonder what set off your dog? . Wishing everyone a great Saturday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:32am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Your posts are sounding so positive [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], you're doing what needs to be done and that's an inspiration for all of us! Keep it up my friend!

Hope Ginger is doing better today [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], it's so hard to watch our furry loved ones start going downhill. Hank is not doing well either and Bubba and I are starting to have "the discussion" about what's best for Hank. His arthritis seems to be getting worse and now he has a growth on the left side of his face that is starting to affect how he sees out of his left eye. It seems that the growth is growing bigger each day so we are going to take him to the vet next week to see what we can do about it, but I'm not so sure I want to put him through any more surgeries....

Why does Mrs QW think she needs assisted living [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]? Does she think she's becoming a burden to you or is it something else? Just like I said about Hank, it's hard to watch any loved one, furry or not, struggle with day to day living. My thoughts and prayers will be with you both...
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing, QW. I hope you get answers soon.

BigAl, I love to read your posts. Congrats on four weeks!

I think the trip set Ginger off. I think she's getting dementia and this massive change has thrown her.

ABC, my heart goes out to you, Bubba and Hank. Deciding "when" is the worst decision we have to make as pet owners. Hoping for the best.

Dill, how's your friend you were helping get to treatments?

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. I'll take 24 more!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mrs QW is feeling frustrated that she’s so weak, keeps losing weight, needs assistance with many daily tasks, can’t easily see our grandkids due to Covid, and I think, even though it hasn’t been said, she feels she’s a burden to me. I’ve spoken to a friend who works with people with Parkinson’s and Mrs QW’s feelings aren’t unusual. So for now, we’ll wait for the biopsy results, hope they provide the answers we need and if not, move on to the next procedure.

Seeing loved ones decline, human or pet, is tough. Over the years, we had to put down two much loved pets. We knew they weren’t going to get better and when it became obvious they weren’t having fun anymore, we decided to make their passing as comfortable for them as possible. We’ve been fortunate over the years to have had excellent veterinarians and they were a huge help in the process.
            With both dogs, we have so many wonderful memories and as hard as it was to say goodbye, know that we gave them each a great life. Re-homing Jessie was different. We miss her a lot but we get regular updates and photos from her new family. And we know we did what’s best for her.

Cowboy, you and Adam hunting today?

Have a great af Saturday everyone.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and the collective heart. Sending loving light and prayer for Mrs QW. For me, I gratefully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends! Fairly lazy day today but that's OK. Did some cleaning, worked on the boy's car a little bit, but mostly lounged around and read my book. Tomorrow will be 30 days and it feels good to be comfortable in my sobriety. Family dinner tomorrow and next week begins the big preparations for the resumption of work. My MIL will come for dinner tomorrow as well and she tends to not have a working filter, nor does she understand the first thing about an addiction. So, I expect some cringing to occur. It should be interesting.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Saturday and I will take another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Crisp and chilly this morning, and yesterday we even had a little snow, which I much prefer over rain!

Thanksgiving is a couple of weeks away and Mr. J and I have been invited to dinner with friends. There will be plenty of booze, and already my thoughts are turning to how nice it would be to have a glass of wine (or a bottle) with dinner. At least I have some time to process these cravings and come up a plan to avoid a relapse!

I know from experience just how hard it is to say goodbye to our furry friends, but when their quality of life is affected, it is the kindest thing to do. I sure hope that decision is a long way off for both cowboy and [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION].

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:33am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Time to get breakfast out, then I'll be back...

Comment

Okay, I'm wondering where [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] got to? Haven't seen her in a couple of days...

Have fun with your mil today [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], hopefully it will just be a good visit!

I think you'll do just fine [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], as you said you have some time to get a good plan together for getting through the festivities...

No, we didn't hunt yesterday and not today either [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. We are headed back out Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday this coming week. It's a different hunting season all around for us this year lol. Adam took a couple of weeks off work and we're hunting on the days when he's not busy with the reno's to their new place in Sherwood Park.

Not much sleep last night for Bubba and I, Hank was restless and up numerous times acting like he had to go out, but when he got to the stairs he just sat down and barked. It wasn't until almost 4am that I finally got him down the stairs and out through the garage. He spent the rest of the night in the front entry, not wanting to come back up the stairs. He's done that a few times now, but he's always happy to come up when it's time for breakfast lol.
                        Last edited by abcowboy; November 14, 2021, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dogs are amazing! They will show no interest in many things but food and going for a walk are always favourites.

Big Al, hope your m-i-l visit goes well. Regardless of how she shows up, you’ve got the right attitude and 30 days of quit behind you plus the support of family and your Cafe friends.

Still no signs of winter in Calgary. It was warm enough Friday to barbecue, 15C, 59F, without needing a jacket. I’ll take all of this weather we can get! Something special about a grilled steak in November.

Cowboy, I almost forgot to say thanks for breakfast! Awesome, as usual.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                          Last edited by Quit wining; November 14, 2021, 11:50 AM.
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

BigAl, you got this mil thing. Had to chuckle at the cringe comment. I know exactly what you mean! Lol

ABC, thanks for breakfast. Just read your post about Hank to hubby. Misery loves company. Sounds like our nights lately. However, when I give her 100mg of gabapentin, she sleeps like a baby! Just need to get her in next week for a prescription refill.

Jude, you know exactly what to do. Feel free to PM me through Facebook, if things get shaky on t-day! I'd be happy to chat.

Hope everyone has an easy Sunday! Still in the 80s around these parts. I'm ready for the winter 70s! 24 more all around. :>)

Comment

Good morning and thanks for the breakfast Cowboy. This is our last day north before heading back south tomorrow morning. Its in the low 40s today which is way too cold for us. This is our second trip north since moving into our condo. It is completely in disarray with hardly any furniture or comforts of home. I’m not really feeling like its my home yet. I feel some disconnect. Living out of plastic tubs is not really inviting. The place needs paints and some tender loving care before it will feel like home. On the bright side one of our children have booked airfare to visit us in late January. Hopefully by then it will be a little more welcoming. Hoping everyone has a great day. Heading out to a family dinner tonight where the booze will be flowing. UGH. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Sorry for my disappearance. I fell off recently and have been struggling to get back on course. I just felt to embarrassed to post, and also very shaky about what might happen next. I managed a sober night last night and am committed to tonight too, so I am just going to put one foot in front of the other and keep going in the right direction. It's just so baffling. I don't even enjoy drinking anymore and yet the compulsion returns with a ferocity I didn't expect. I'm glad I have you all or I'm not sure that I wouldn't have just continued spiraling out of control.

Thank you for the quotes, T. The one about courage really hit home.

I'll say a prayer from Mrs. QW and for the furry family members who are also struggling. I'll take another 24 with gratitude.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X