~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Dill, so glad you’re back with your Cafe friends! We missed you and are here for you.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and mother-in-law tamers. Sending [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] a huge hug. Do not beat yourself up. Accept what is and move on. BTW, We are all going to deal with the pressures of the holidays. Meeting up with or visiting family and friends. Remember, you run you. Make how you show up a priority. I have found my greatest strength is when I successfully navigate the holidays and enjoy them sober. It is a gift to myself. Give yourself that same gift.

Awesome breakfast, Cowboy!

So, it is with a tremendous sense of gratitude that I accept another XXIV. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Last edited by techie; November 14, 2021, 11:55 AM. Reason: Added quote
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], it's great to see you back!

Everyone had to work tonight so it turned out to just be me and my folks, so I opted for the crawfish étouffée instead of the beef stew (sorry QW). It turned out well though and was good to spend some time with them. I kicked them out early and drove up for an AA meeting. It was a pillar in the facility I went to and I figure I will take all the help I can. Outside of that it was a busy day, but a good one. I hope everyone had a wonderful Sunday! 24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

So glad that you are back with us [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I too, am bewildered at how quickly alcohol can sneak back into our lives, even after long periods of sobriety. We all feel so much better when we are AF, so why do we break down and cave in to the beast? The important thing is to not continue drinking, which you have done. Keep it up and move on!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's good to have you back with us [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and don't do that again! And I'm not talking about drinking, but you shouldn't do that either :hug:. What I mean is that if you drink, that's when you need us most, so keep your butt glued to the chair here and let us know how we can help.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thank you friends, for your much needed support.:heartbeat:

Ginger, my friend completed her radiation treatments in July but has been receiving Immunotherapy treatments since that time and will continue for 6 more months. The Immuno is much less punishing to her body, but it is still no walk in the park. However, her tumor is very nearly gone! She feels better and her quality of life is much improved. Thank you for asking! As a matter of fact I am taking her to a treatment today!

My youngest turns 40 tomorrow! He was lamenting that fact when I reminded him that it was harder on us than on him! After all, now my "baby" is 40!!!

24 more humbly requested.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, I’m going to look up the recipe for the dish you prepared, sounds wonderful.

Dill, our oldest turns 44 tomorrow and it’s his 14th wedding anniversary. We tease him about getting married on his birthday so he’d never forget his anniversary. Our daughter in law comes from a large family so it’s not uncommon to invite 600+ people to a wedding. Our kids decided they didn’t want a wedding that size so 29 of us went to Punta Cana for their big day. And that’s how I got addicted to Caribbean holidays!

A touch of winter arrived overnight, time to get out the winter boots when I walk.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Dill, glad you're back and I echo what ABC said. Keep coming no matter what happens. We love you and are here.

Jude, I'm with you, what the hell happens when we drink even when we know all the negative outcomes? Sometimes I wonder if it's to remind ourselves what crap it is and does to our bodies. Lest we forget?

I woke up feeling like I'd drank. I was so happy to know it was just my old body and not a hangover! Crazy! 24 more!

Comment

Happy AF Monday
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] recipe lovers. I have a CT scan this morning. My vision is out of focus since the accident. We are hoping this scan will show why. I would much rather be golfing today. So, with love in my heart, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I hope your CT scan was beneficial and pointed to some answers. I certainly am sending positive thoughts your way for resolution. I spent the entire day installing new radius arm bushings in my old Bronco. It needed to be done as one of them was absolutely shot, but I think I still have a strut that is going out. I'm tires and just worn out, but it feels good to get back into some of my old pastimes. Definitely feeling good and clear headed, and am looking forward to whatever path my work takes me on. At least i am in control of the general direction of that path for the first time in a long time (if not forever).

I hope everyone had a wonderful Monday and I am looking forward to another 24 hours of clarity and progress.

Comment

With gratitude in my heart, I'm looking forward to another 24 hours of freedom.

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Techie, sure hope you get some answers soon.

Sounding good, BigAl. I love the old Broncos. We had a 74 back in the day and we loved it. It was a fun back road vehicle. I'd love to see a picture of yours.

Just living the dream here in sunny AZ. 🌞 24 more is in order!

Comment

Working...
                                X